Pod Your Reef

GTi's 10 Gallon IM NUVO Fusion

GTi

Here's a daytime shot. I added a used MP10 today and will be taking the Tunze out.

Once the Ricordea and Sinularia are settled, I'll look at rearranging their positions and also adding some more zoas.

The Blenny is looking good so tomorrow is transfer day!

FullSizeRender_zps6vcymgsl.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great! I love the rockwork. KP Aquatics always has nice rics (among other things). Their pictures are taken under daylight lighting, so they actually look better in the tank than they do on their website. I've gotten most of my rics from them.

Looks great! I love the rockwork. KP Aquatics always has nice rics (among other things). Their pictures are taken under daylight lighting, so they actually look better in the tank than they do on their website. I've gotten most of my rics from them.

Thanks! I've been watching their site and if I can find a few items I like, I'll make a purchase there.

Our Firefish has a burrow under the right side of the rock - not too much flow in there!

The Blenny and corals are doing well after the transfer.

I glued the ricordea next to the existing one and look forward to them filling in.

The sinularia is in a test position perched high up towards the rear of the rockwork to give the structure some height. If it stays happy, I'll fix it there.

I bought a small green BTA from a local reefer today and it is attached to the rock and puffing back up already.

I have also added a small frag rack with some zoas and palys from my frag tank to light acclimate them before adding them to the rockwork.

I saw an old photo of the plate coral and it is a shadow of it's former glory - less puffy, less green highlights and less tentacle extension.

On the plus side, the Blenny and Firefish seem to get on ok - the Firefish did chase the Blenny briefly one feeding time but that's all I have seen; the rest of the time they ignore each other.

The Blenny had scooped out a hole next to the GSP rock in the corner. I saw him spitting out mouthfuls of sand to move it away. He also has several hangouts on the main rockwork and pecks at algae and chases detritus in the water column.

I took a load of photos with the DSLR but I'm out of practice and most didn't come out well.

IMG_6319_zpsqcgsanx5.jpg

IMG_6316_zpsbqrwxeze.jpg

As I write this, the male sexy shrimp is cautiously checking out the anemone.

I have a few orders on the way - just bought a Radion XR15W from another member on here, bracket arrives tomorrow as do branching red macro and dragon's breath from LA Reefs. Small order from KP Aquatics coming next week with a few Ricordea and a red sponge. Also next week some barnacle shells from Reefcleaners as the Tailspot has started to climb in to the MP10 when it is off during feeding - I had to take it off the Apex otherwise it would restart after 5 minutes and if he was still in there... Hopefully he'll prefer the shells to the MP10.

I'm much happier with the extra livestock - it's looking more like a reef tank now!

Must remember to move the turbo over to the frag tank before putting the macros in.

IMG_0713_zpsudno5ona.jpg

I got the Radion above the tank last night. That bracket is really heavy duty and ugly! The aesthetics of the NanoBox are definitely better. I really like the colour spectrum of the natural setting on the Radion though. I need to decide if I'll keep the NanoBox for my frag tank or stick with the IM Skyye and sell the NanoBox. The NanoBox is way better than the Skyye but I'm not planning to keep the frag tank going long term.

My 2 Day USPS delivery of macros didn't arrive yesterday. It shows as delayed and left a location about 40 miles away early this morning. I hope it comes today because the nights have turned frosty again.

I have a few orders on the way - just bought a Radion XR15W from another member on here, bracket arrives tomorrow as do branching red macro and dragon's breath from LA Reefs. Small order from KP Aquatics coming next week with a few Ricordea and a red sponge. Also next week some barnacle shells from Reefcleaners as the Tailspot has started to climb in to the MP10 when it is off during feeding - I had to take it off the Apex otherwise it would restart after 5 minutes and if he was still in there... Hopefully he'll prefer the shells to the MP10.

I'm much happier with the extra livestock - it's looking more like a reef tank now!

Must remember to move the turbo over to the frag tank before putting the macros in.

good idea on the turbo :) I made that mistake and the three that I have demolished some macros! Tank is looking good.

I think it looks sleek not ugly

?

I had 2 full sized Radions above my old 55 gallon and they were hung on wires from the ceiling so this bracket seems huge to me! Also, they could have make the top bracket smooth on top and channelled on the bottom to make it look sleeker. It's big but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

good idea on the turbo :) I made that mistake and the three that I have demolished some macros! Tank is looking good.

When I had a Pico I had Dragon's Breath macro and added a Chestnut Turbo. He liked it. I woke up to lots of pieces floating around the tank. Those were the bits he didn't eat!

I have my Radion hanging from wires, I am going to purchase 2 15's with brackets for my Reefer 350, I initially was going to go with 2 30's but with further research the x15 will cover my spread,also these lights are so powerful I would not have been running 30's at a high intensity do to the fact they fry/bleach corals so it would probably be a waste.

I have my Radion hanging from wires, I am going to purchase 2 15's with brackets for my Reefer 350, I initially was going to go with 2 30's but with further research the x15 will cover my spread,also these lights are so powerful I would not have been running 30's at a high intensity do to the fact they fry/bleach corals so it would probably be a waste.

The spread is surprising. When I had two 30s above my 55 (to avoid shadows) I bleached a lot of my SPS. While a 15 isn't half the price of a 30, two 15's will be a huge saving over two 30s!

I see what you mean about the bracket on the light, but I agree, I think you'll get used to it in time.

When I set my frag tank up, I only intended to run it for a couple weeks. Six months later it's more crowded than ever :P

I see what you mean about the bracket on the light, but I agree, I think you'll get used to it in time.

When I set my frag tank up, I only intended to run it for a couple weeks. Six months later it's more crowded than ever :P

I can see how that would happen! While I'm ok with keeping mine going, I'd like to close it down and add a planted freshwater tank, iwagumi style. I could do something in the 10-20 gallon range and put it on the cabinet I had for my old 55. It's in a great spot in the room for just sitting and watching.

When the weather is reliably warm again, I'll be advertising Rasta frags again.

I stopped by at the LFS today and saw a Red Pygmy Possum Wrasse and picked him up. He's in QT hiding under a rock, so no photo for now.

Someone seems pleased that I got the anemone!

IMG_0723_zpsynbryyud.jpg

That's a nice looking bta.

I'm very pleased with it. $25 from a hobbyist in Novi. I know you're in Michigan but not sure whereabouts. He has more - let me know if you're interested. He also has a large rock with a large rose bubble tip and several of these smaller ones on it; do you know anyone with a large tank ;-). He's got this in the classifieds on Michigan Reefers but LMK if you want more info.

I'm in the port huron area. I'm always interested in finding "local" guys to buy/trade. Especially when they have nice stuff. I'll check out the classifieds. I don't hit michiganreefers as much as I should.

Nice little tank! You don't happen to have a VW GTi do you? :D I was in between the GTi and a WRX just a few months ago and went with the WRX. I am in love to say the least.

Nice little tank! You don't happen to have a VW GTi do you? :D I was in between the GTi and a WRX just a few months ago and went with the WRX. I am in love to say the least.

I do! 2011. I had a 2007 WRX wagon before the GTI. Both are great cars but so different, too. I think the newer WRXs are nicer, more power. I felt mine was a little weak under some conditions and did a ProDrive Powerpack on it which was a big improvement.

I'm in the port huron area. I'm always interested in finding "local" guys to buy/trade. Especially when they have nice stuff. I'll check out the classifieds. I don't hit michiganreefers as much as I should.

I get on there from time to time. Most people on there are awesome but there are a few exceptions!

I stopped by at the LFS today and saw a Red Pygmy Possum Wrasse and picked him up. He's in QT hiding under a rock, so no photo for now.

Someone seems pleased that I got the anemone!

IMG_0723_zpsynbryyud.jpg

Great photo and beautiful BTA!

Very nice Fusion 10 man!! That little sexy shrimp tho :wub:

Thanks! He's been behaving so he gets to stay for now! The male and the female used to hang around together near the gorgonian. The male seems to prefer the anemone but the female has stayed with the gorg.

Great looking tank:)

Thanks! I'm feeling a lot better about it. I still need to get a few more corals and do some arranging but it's not looking as bare anymore!

Great photo and beautiful BTA!

Thanks! That was just with my phone. I need to get more practice with the DSLR and macro lens. I lucked out with the anemone and got it from a hobbyist 2 miles down the road from me at a great price.

My Ricordea order from KP is coming USPS Priority. Delivery was supposed to be yesterday. Their tracking still shows yesterday and last activity was departing Florida. 2 of the last 3 Priority packages I have received took longer than usual. I know they aren't guaranteed but it's pretty weak. Hopefully they will arrive today and the cooler temperatures won't have hurt them.

Other news, the Possum wrasse died after 2 nights in QT. he appeared to be having trouble with too much buoyancy. When I bought him he was in with some pipefish and there was so much macro it was hard to see properly. I didn't see him eat but had put several types of food in there for him to try including BBS.

Archived