Cultivated Reef

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

25 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Fell asleep to Marty waking up in his mom's bed......woke up to George knocking Biff out......

I just watched football last night and it sucked..............

I cant sit still enough to actually watch a movie.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, spectra said:

I just watched football last night and it sucked..............

I cant sit still enough to actually watch a movie.

Let's see the bike progress ..... need updated pics.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, jack1978 said:

Let's see the bike progress ..... need updated pics.

There are none :lol: garage is now a wood shop........I am in the process of doing a metal stand and canopy for a 72x30 tank that they wanted a wood skin for it also........metal is done and working on the wood now. Remind me to never do wood again :lol: what sucks is I said sure then found out oh by the way its a peninsula tank :rolleyes: well shit that just added to the price........10 flippen doors on this thing :lol: speaking of witch I need to go wax 6 doors now.......paint should be dry.

I did buy this for the Kimber build though.........hopefully it fits a little better than what I have now.

53271003816__A7B18A7E-B655-4D28-B6C7-65440F004F94.jpeg

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, spectra said:

There are none :lol: garage is now a wood shop........I am in the process of doing a metal stand and canopy for a 72x30 tank that they wanted a wood skin for it also........metal is done and working on the wood now. Remind me to never do wood again :lol: what sucks is I said sure then found out oh by the way its a peninsula tank :rolleyes: well shit that just added to the price........10 flippen doors on this thing :lol: speaking of witch I need to go wax 6 doors now.......paint should be dry.

I did buy this for the Kimber build though.........hopefully it fits a little better than what I have now.

Maybe it's because I'm not a motor type guy but I'd rather see the stand/wood progression shots. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, patback said:

Maybe it's because I'm not a motor type guy but I'd rather see the stand/wood progression shots. 

Ok will snap a few pics for you so stay tuned.

3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Yeah! Show the wood! :lol:

Hey now :lol: 

On 11/1/2017 at 2:35 PM, Cannedfish said:

I was admiring your tank and noticed your waspfish. I am looking that species as a possible add (IM10: Tailspot & possum wrasse); how has your experience been with them and would you recommend them?

Also the bike is looking good. 

A Possum wrasse and Tailspot blenny would be great choices for that tank.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:54 PM, jack1978 said:

I wish I was......she's real! 

I love my Burro, they're the stoners of the equine world, lol.

On 11/25/2017 at 2:23 PM, spectra said:

Why no Bob I don't :rolleyes: 

what did you do piss off the leathers........

They're fukn finger leathers, all you need to do is look at the bastards wrong and they're pissed off and closed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, patback said:

Here you go Pattycake............basically just a simple frame inside of a frame..........shaker doors. This is just t he canopy as bottom stand is already in place and still need to put the bottom together. Canopy is made to fit 6 radions and T5s down the center. Will get the doors on it tomorrow or Tuesday......hell I am not in a hurry I am on Spectra time :lol: 

I hate the finish work......Paint scuff with steel wool then wax.............

We need top re name this thread.......Jacks Cube and Spectras Projects build :rolleyes: 

IMG_4355.jpg

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

IMG_4358.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE:

New Gyre in the cube.

Nice Z's from Shane added.....to the sandbed. 

Selling the two MP10-QD's. 

Ladypop swims everywhere now......but has refused to eat anything for months.  Looks like a skeleton swimming around. 

No idea why she won't eat :mellow:

• Sad 3

Pics of said z's? You only posted the one, that's not nice :lol:

Sorry to hear about Ladypop but as long as she's alive there's hope she'll recover.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/26/2017 at 11:59 AM, spectra said:

I'm liking this tank....what year is it off of?

On 12/2/2017 at 12:51 PM, teenyreef said:

Pics of said z's? You only posted the one, that's not nice :lol:

Sorry to hear about Ladypop but as long as she's alive there's hope she'll recover.

Fingers crossed....but highly doubt it.

I'll get some pics up.......... soon?

:D

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, jack1978 said:

I'm liking this tank....what year is it off of?

Its off a 79s era xs750 not sure the exact year. They were all the same for the 750s.

11 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Oh crap, stay safe! 

49 minutes ago, spectra said:

So how goes it ?

I'll post pics tonight.  Flames on the hillside ahead of us....winds are supposed to get absolutely crazy tonight and into tomorrow....up to 80mph gusts.  We now have multiple large fires burning....hoping two of them don't merge and come our direction.

• Like 1

It’s just been updated to 90,000 acres. Still 0 containment. Stay safe! I would load up and head to the holiday inn... tonight’s supposed to suck. Getting an evacuation notice when your sleeping is no bueno. 

• Like 2