inTank Media Baskets

NanoGeek's JBJ RL 45!

NanoGeek

HarryPotter

Thanks! Yes, my clowns get fed once everyday, I always try to squirt some food towards the bottom for my goby, pistol, hermits. They all seem to eat everything within a minute or two, hopefully they are leaving some for the cuc.

I think its time for a Zoa or two ;)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its time for a Zoa or two ;)

No joke man, a couple zoas is the first things I want to get. I wish I was closer to Miami I would get a few frags from you.

Do you just glue the plugs where you want and let the coral just grow out over it onto your rock?

My last tank I had, I never bought frags. I always bought larger corals and places them where I wanted. Frags will be a first for me.

HarryPotter

No joke man, a couple zoas is the first things I want to get. I wish I was closer to Miami I would get a few frags from you.

Do you just glue the plugs where you want and let the coral just grow out over it onto your rock?

Yessir!!!!!!!

Make sure that you use a coral dip, especially if you're going to buy them from a fish store (With algae on the plugs or some evil bugs).

I recommend CoralRX personally :)

I would have Zoas and a mushroom or two for you if you're ever down here- just trade some Snails haha

Yessir!!!!!!!

Make sure that you use a coral dip, especially if you're going to buy them from a fish store (With algae on the plugs or some evil bugs).

I recommend CoralRX personally :)

I would have Zoas and a mushroom or two for you if you're ever down here- just trade some Snails haha

I might get a few from my lfs this coming up weekend, even then though Im sure I could spare some snails for a few more though. I feel overloaded with snails at the moment. Maybe we can figure something out.

This is how they are all piled up on my sand like little turds.... I wish they would burrow themselves in the sand.

20150719_233805.jpg

Found this guy having a little late night snack...

20150719_233708.jpg

Finally got my BRS screen top kit in. Im pleased with how it turned out, hopefully no more snails can escape

20150723_220548.jpg

20150723_220510.jpg

I like the screen, NanoGeek! Im hoping to keep my tank "lid-less" but whatever may escape WILL end up being eaten by our pup! So, i'll be looking for a lid soon enough!

20150723_230846.jpg

They are! I decided instead of ordering clips from overseas I would just make what I had work. I had to cut the bottom of the clips off, then glue the top portion to the frame, but it turned out good and made a nice tight fit. Im sure I still have a little tweaking to do to the top, but its good for now. I will probably countersink some tiny screws through the clips into the aluminum just to make sure the glue never lets loose.

Also the front corners, I just rounded them with sandpaper.

Very nice! Came out perfect. They should use this as the standard, not the glass.

Thanks! I agree the glass is horrible. Mine was constantly wet on the bottom from water trying to evaporate, and it would collect a little dust. I was having to clean it once a day which was a pain. Plus the glass wouldnt even keep my snails in. I made the screen fit as tight as possible with the clips, it was definitely a little trial and error, but I finally got it. The netting can definitely make the frame warp a little if its not installed straight.

On another note, I also recieved a gallon of kalk from BRS. Since my PH seems to always be low, I am going to start dosing that through my ATO after I get done with my water change this weekend and make sure my cal and alk is on point.

The frag rack I got is nice, a little flimsier than I expected, but nice none the less. Got some coral rx dip, and some glue. Hopefully tomorrow after work I can stop and pick up a few frags!

Sounds good, be sure to post if you get any frags. I just got some more frags today! From the DOA's and some from Zia. They're on a frag rack. I haven't used a frag rack in over two years! Looks different lol

Sounds good, be sure to post if you get any frags. I just got some more frags today! From the DOA's and some from Zia. They're on a frag rack. I haven't used a frag rack in over two years! Looks different lol

How far down do you have your frag rack mounted? I am *hoping* to stop tomorrow if everything goes right at work and I leave early. If not, definitely saturday.

This will be my first experience with frags. In my old tank I always bought bigger corals for it.

Hammerstone

The little ceriths are supposed to burrow in the sand, but I havent seen it happen yet. They move so I know they are alive, but they have stayed on top so far.

get nassarius snails. They burrow and only come out to eat. They have a little siphon that sticks up out of the sand to smell for food. They are carnivores so if anything dies they go right to it and eat it. They also eat left over food. There's two kinds. A big one and a smaller one. They are quite pretty and interesting to watch. Sometimes you never ever see them for a long time and then suddenly something they like is in the tank and the little zombies come out lol. Bumblebee snails are cool too they are also carnivores. They are mostly on the surface of the sand.

get nassarius snails. They burrow and only come out to eat. They have a little siphon that sticks up out of the sand to smell for food. They are carnivores so if anything dies they go right to it and eat it. They also eat left over food. There's two kinds. A big one and a smaller one. They are quite pretty and interesting to watch. Sometimes you never ever see them for a long time and then suddenly something they like is in the tank and the little zombies come out lol. Bumblebee snails are cool too they are also carnivores. They are mostly on the surface of the sand.

I think I got 19 Nassarius snails in my cuc package. They are definitely the smaller ones, so I cant really tell the difference between those and the nerites.

I've bought the 45 CUC from John and a lot went to the back chambers or kamikazi... But a lot made it as well. He always sends way more than you buy for that reason. It's a good clean up that's for sure. I have my frag rack mid tank. Since i've had my corals i've always blasted them with light so they're used to it. I'm running a 6 bulb sunpower full blast. No issues.

Got 5 new coral frags today! They are acclimating right now, will post pics when I get them in the tank. I got 2 zoa frags, a torch, a tiny toadstool, and a nice piece of montipora he gave me a good deal on.

Awesome, can't wait to see!

Still waiting on them to open up a bit. They had some really great looking rainbow bubble tips that I really wanted, but he advised me against it because they like to move. Cant believe I found a torch coral. After seeing yours wretched thats one of the main things I wanted!

HarryPotter

Still waiting on them to open up a bit. They had some really great looking rainbow bubble tips that I really wanted, but he advised me against it because they like to move. Cant believe I found a torch coral. After seeing yours wretched thats one of the main things I wanted!

For bubble tips you might want to make an independent island. They can't cross sand as far as I'm aware

For bubble tips you might want to make an independent island. They can't cross sand as far as I'm aware

Yep, they can detach from a rock, float all over the tank until they find somewhere else to latch... Or get chopped up by your powerhead. Anemones are a PITA but such a beautiful species.

HarryPotter

Yep, they can detach from a rock, float all over the tank until they find somewhere else to latch... Or get chopped up by your powerhead. Anemones are a PITA but such a beautiful species.

I was really lucky. I just manhandled this guy right onto the rock and to happily stays and looks awesome :)

D6AEEA8B-71B4-43AF-996F-E9BCCFFFED4F_zps

I had an anemone in my 65 gallon, but it was all over the place and constantly getting stuck in the overflow so I got rid of it. I do have a rock in the middle that I could put it on, but it would only be nice if it would stay put. Otherwise it would just be another PITA

Very nice Harry, looks very pretty.

I had an anemone in my 65 gallon, but it was all over the place and constantly getting stuck in the overflow so I got rid of it. I do have a rock in the middle that I could put it on, but it would only be nice if it would stay put. Otherwise it would just be another PITA

I had a a nice rainbow as well, but exact reason I got rid of it :P

Archived