Coral Vue Hydros

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That orange and green shroom. :wub:

Yessss! They didn't all open great today but still looked really nice :)

The Montipora he sent is beautiful, but the size of a BOOGAR! I didn't realize how tiny it was from the picture lol

452605E3-9875-45C4-AAA4-9956662F57C4_zps

Did I miss a picture of it?

Glenn's picture:

6E2D77F7-CABC-42B9-9514-C14663F94A34_zps

It's gorgeous color wise, I can't wait till it starts growing!

Here's my bad picture. It's on the rear frag rack so I can't focus

AEABC196-F3A9-4FE8-B5D0-31D03FF4CCF6_zps

The acros will, indeed, grow to block out the corals behind them, but it will take a while. I would very highly recommend to move the encrusting montipora off of the rock with the acros on it. They will take over and are extremely aggressive. Move the slimer to the rear of the tank. Look at photos of the colonies your acros came from (if the person you bought it from doesn't keep a colony, try and find out who they got it from and what their colony looks like)so that you can figure out their growth pattern and then place them accordingly. Also, don't forget to place complementary colors near to each other. https://www.reefs.com/forum/mag.php?do=wp_post&articleId=90

Okay Harry, so what I was trying to say back there was that the acropora will grow tall and block the view of the encrusting montiporas you have behind it. I tried to draw it out for you

20150922_221024.jpg

Aha I see what you mean.... Thanks for taking the time to make that :)

What should I do? The entire left side of the scape is one piece of rock, mostly vertical. Original from the nanocube.

There's not really enough horizontal room on it for the encrusting montipora a below that. What should I do?

Buy more reefcleaners and redo the left side? Or is that excessive?

The acros will, indeed, grow to block out the corals behind them, but it will take a while. I would very highly recommend to move the encrusting montipora off of the rock with the acros on it. They will take over and are extremely aggressive. Move the slimer to the rear of the tank. Look at photos of the colonies your acros came from (if the person you bought it from doesn't keep a colony, try and find out who they got it from and what their colony looks like)so that you can figure out their growth pattern and then place them accordingly. Also, don't forget to place complementary colors near to each other. https://www.reefs.com/forum/mag.php?do=wp_post&articleId=90

I think that sounds like a great plan! My issue is that I don't have any horizontal room below that area for encrusting montipora.

The entire left rock is one piece from the NanoCube... Time for a redo? :)

Yep I can't wait to see the montis kill off the acros soon down the road.

Is it that exciting? I'll bring the popcorn

I'm going to possibly do a complete re-scape of the left side. Never liked the "WALL" rock

Is it that exciting? I'll bring the popcorn

I'm going to possibly do a complete re-scape of the left side. Never liked the "WALL" rock

Go for it! I think the ability to continually reinvent things is one of the most exciting things about this hobby. You never have to get bored (Kat seems to rescape her tank twice a day some weeks) :)

Oh, and Lucinda :wub::wub::wub:

So I came home to a tank absolutely full of bubbles!

I forgot to turn off my skimmer after adding some Chemi-Clean yesterday, so it was overflowing right into the next chamber with the return pumps.

Turned off the skimmer and everything looks good. Razored all the hard algae off the glass and the rounded corners.

Did I mention I'm planning on trading in the large Squamosa soonish? Its just too big for the tank IMO, and I am trying to simplify it.

57A9C8DC-3EAC-435D-AB21-2FB791C7BB82_zps

Yes I'm planning on re-doing the left side for the Acropora- just need some time to let them recover and then make a plan :)

I am having trouble with the Vortech MP40w. I can program it over and over using EcoSmart live, but it still defaults to around 20% power all the time.

Any ideas? Might make a thread on this.

thecoralbeauty

So I came home to a tank absolutely full of bubbles!

I forgot to turn off my skimmer after adding some Chemi-Clean yesterday, so it was overflowing right into the next chamber with the return pumps.

Turned off the skimmer and everything looks good. Razored all the hard algae off the glass and the rounded corners.

Did I mention I'm planning on trading in the large Squamosa soonish? Its just too big for the tank IMO, and I am trying to simplify it.

57A9C8DC-3EAC-435D-AB21-2FB791C7BB82_zps

Yes I'm planning on re-doing the left side for the Acropora- just need some time to let them recover and then make a plan :)

dang, I go quiet for a month or two and come back to a totally full tank!!! everything looks nice, glad the squammy is still kicking. :)

looks like lots of crazy growth too. especially the red/orange cap in the middle!!

if you ever want to part with lucinda.... i want her!

Show me a pic of it, the one that's provided sure does look like a long tent plate. Let me see a close up

After looking back at it, you're correct. I missed the stalk... It looks like a bleached frog/hammer as you suspect. They will be fine together :)

My LTP and Fungias hang together. They touch all day and never bother eachother.

Archived