ReefCleaners.org

new Fusion 30 build

Bodasifa

going to be a slow build over time as parts come in. should be able to at least start my cycle soon, while i wait on funding to buy the nanobox quad. Maxspect gyre 130 on order now

Just thought of a nice idea for my stand. I am going to use glass clamps and clamp 1/4" thick black glass in between the sides for a nice modern look

Time to start making water. My Vertex Ro/Di unit is in and plumbed. one step closer to having water in the tank. Still very new to this, but can i put just my sand and water in the tank and leave the tank running without any harm. then add my live rock in about another week.

Time to start making water. My Vertex Ro/Di unit is in and plumbed. one step closer to having water in the tank. Still very new to this, but can i put just my sand and water in the tank and leave the tank running without any harm. then add my live rock in about another week.

U should be fine...I would get the rock in asap and start your cycle..the sooner u get it done the sooner u can move forward and add fish, inverts, corals etc! :) FYi...If u want to get the cycle going quick as possible as well...u can forgo the raw shrimp/food or bacteria in a bottle and just get some Janitorial strength ammonia....That's what I did and cycle was cut in half....Worked great...just make sure u follow the directions to the letter and check your levels.... U can read about it here-->http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/aquarium-nitrogen-cycle/19627-ammonia-instructions-fishless-cycle.html

• Like 1

now the decision has gone back to 2 x Kessil A160WE lights with the spectral controller. After seeing them in person and the price difference between these and the Nanobox, i think i am sold on the Kessils again. who knows when the time comes i may change my mind. everyone who has the Kessils seem to love them.

on another side note, making RODI water is so slow. gonna be about 16 hours to make 30 gallons

now the decision has gone back to 2 x Kessil A160WE lights with the spectral controller. After seeing them in person and the price difference between these and the Nanobox, i think i am sold on the Kessils again. who knows when the time comes i may change my mind. everyone who has the Kessils seem to love them.

on another side note, making RODI water is so slow. gonna be about 16 hours to make 30 gallons

I bought a booster pump for my BRS 4 stage and Increased my PSI to about 85. making 5 gallons in 26 minutes now. Been running like this for almost a year. I did purchase the BRS 150g upgrade kit though as well

• Like 1

I bought a booster pump for my BRS 4 stage and Increased my PSI to about 85. making 5 gallons in 26 minutes now. Been running like this for almost a year. I did purchase the BRS 150g upgrade kit though as well

i may have to look into a booster pump as well but in the meantime i will just give myself lots of time to make water

Nice progress. Love the stand. Not sure where you're going to put "stuff" though. :unsure: Dosing, ATO, etc.I'm following as my Fusion 30L should be here tomorrow. Good luck, and keep posting!

• Like 1

The stand will have a backing and floor to mount stuff. the sides will hold black glass panels that are inset between the tubing using glass clamps.

Just pushed the buy button on 2 Kessil A160WE leds along with the controller. Things are slowly moving along. gotta pickup a garbage can to start making water and some Fiji pink sand. tank should be wet soon

well after putting tank on bare stand with nothing underneath i have found several very small gaps, not enough to worry about......i think, but to be sure i have now used a 3/4" sheet of MDF. Tank sits perfectly flat now ! I know everyone says not to use MDF but if sealed properly it won't cause an issue. The nice thing about this stuff is that it is perfectly flat and smooth. gonna seal this sucker water tight this weekend.

its all about the waiting game now. waiting on lights to arrive. I have my rodi water made. Should have sand rock and water in tank by july 15th (next payday). I have decided to go with 30# of Marco dry rock and Figi pink sand. I am in no rush to get this going as i want to do this right the first time

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately it looks something came up and had to sell everything, according to the canreef buy/sell forum. Shame, I was wondering how the gyre would work out in the 30L, debating a gyre or MP10 in mine..

Yeah has not been on in over a month. I was wondering how it was working out myself and well now I know not so good.

I think the MP 10 would be the best for the 30L. I read somewhere that the gyre was a bit to much for the 30L.

• 1 year later...