Top Shelf Aquatics

new Fusion 30 build

Bodasifa

just got some fresh pictures of the stand being built. off to powdercoater Monday morning. gotta decide on black or white.... but leaning towards white

stand2_zps3yeungz0.jpg

stand3_zpsok9bgo4b.jpg

stand1_zpsdapvro3n.jpg

all done with 1-1/2 x .125 steel tubing. total cost $300 delivered to my door

white or black powder coating? Now i need to figure out how i am going to make the panels. was thinking of insetting the panels between the framing, but need to figure out how to attach.. Also found a set of ikea smoked glass doors that will fit perfect

now to figure out how to make my panels so that they are inset and flush with the frame. gonna use euro hinges for the doors but but not sure how to attached sides

Just took a trip to my LFS and was looking at the Radion Xr15 and Kessil A160WE Damn nice lights.. Looks like i;m sold on 2 XR15 pros. time to save those pennies

Cencalfishguy56

Just took a trip to my LFS and was looking at the Radion Xr15 and Kessil A160WE Damn nice lights.. Looks like i;m sold on 2 XR15 pros. time to save those pennies

I have a kessil and love it over the xr15 pro but just a preference haha

about to go buy my heater tonight and am going with the cobalt neo therm. debating going with 2 x 75 watt or 1 x 100 watt. what is the better decision. i am thinking with the smaller height of the 75's i can stand them up vertically like they are supposed to be. With the 100 i would have to lay it on its side, which is not recommended by cobalt. By also having 2 heaters i will have a backup in case of failure on one

HarryPotter

about to go buy my heater tonight and am going with the cobalt neo therm. debating going with 2 x 75 watt or 1 x 100 watt. what is the better decision. i am thinking with the smaller height of the 75's i can stand them up vertically like they are supposed to be. With the 100 i would have to lay it on its side, which is not recommended by cobalt. By also having 2 heaters i will have a backup in case of failure on one

Two heaters are good. For a 30 gallon tank, I would say two of the 75 watts. That helps for redundancy, if one dies the other can work and if one gets stuck on, it will most likely not be able to heat the tank by itself.

Hows the cooling? Tank isn't too warm?

I live on the west coast of Canada where temps are pretty mild and winters don't get cold. My thinking is that having 2 75's won't have to work as hard as 1 100 watt and i get to have a backup in case of failure. Also the water line in the rear chamber wouldnt allow for the proper orientation of the 100 watt

just got news my stand is at the powdercoater and will be ready by friday

If you look at my thread you will see that I have the 30 L and also HAD a neotherm 75 watt....Worked well for a few months and then one day, I smelled this weird burning smell and heard some popping noises...needless to say, I realized my Neotherm was melting in my tank!! I cut the power to my apex and took the POS out. I contacted Cobalt and spoke actually with the owner as I was very upset and thought my tank was going to get nuked by the melting plastic leeching into my tank. My tank did survive, Cobalt sent me another heater which I sold on EBay. I purchased a tru-temp Ehiem Jager 75 watt, and have never looked back..Awesome heater!

back on the fence in deciding on lighting. i keep going back to kessil or the radions for some reason. i don't have anywhere i can see both in use. The one thing i don't like about the kessils is the ugly gooseneck mounting. If i could figure a better sleeker way to mount them. controllability isnt a concern as they will be run from an apex. help me decide

Cencalfishguy56

back on the fence in deciding on lighting. i keep going back to kessil or the radions for some reason. i don't have anywhere i can see both in use. The one thing i don't like about the kessils is the ugly gooseneck mounting. If i could figure a better sleeker way to mount them. controllability isnt a concern as they will be run from an apex. help me decide

You can hang a kessil, when you buy a fixture it comes with the hanging mounts

stand to be delivered this evening... pics to come shortly. can't wait to get my tank off the floor and start the build

son of a bitch they scratched the stand coming out of the oven. gotta wait til monday now. screws the plans for working on the tank this weekend now. Oh well off to buy some more goodies at the LFS

finally stand is home and tank is off the floor

20150601_190628_zpslydf0s4h.jpg

20150601_190651_zpsbqqv3oia.jpg

20150601_190721_zpssqs4hoc7.jpg

20150601_190909_zps531sywh6.jpg

20150601_190929_zps7zimgkpt.jpg

20150601_190946_zps9i3joqy4.jpg

was definitely worth the wait. now to see how level my floors really are

• Like 1
HarryPotter

finally stand is home and tank is off the floor

20150601_190628_zpslydf0s4h.jpg

20150601_190651_zpsbqqv3oia.jpg

20150601_190721_zpssqs4hoc7.jpg

20150601_190909_zps531sywh6.jpg

20150601_190929_zps7zimgkpt.jpg

20150601_190946_zps9i3joqy4.jpg

was definitely worth the wait. now to see how level my floors really are

Beautiful!

Hey Clint- where did you get that top made? It's EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Please send me the contact info :)

now to make the side panels and flooring so that it is all nice and flush with the tubing. any ideas on what color panels to do? i might just do a high gloss black