Pod Your Reef

Loooooooooooong NaNo Reef - CUC added

BOBBARKER68

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BOBBARKER68

20150315_151615.jpg

My helpers getting it lined up and into place.

20150315_154239.jpg

20150315_154435.jpg

Next week i will work on the plumbing and electrical between working on our 51 chevy 3100 pickup

BOBBARKER68

So i have been working a ton and now i am sick cause of no rest. So with that being said i have not got as much done as i would like. I added magnets to the panels to make sure they dont fall off. I also ordered my top off float that came yesterday

20150320_135148.jpg

20150320_135240.jpg

20150320_140559.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
BOBBARKER68

So, like i said i was sick so it has been slow the last couple weeks. The magnets got swapped for Velcro as they didnt stick to the stand very well. I went to BF friday to chat and pick up my pump they held for me. I got a marineland 3000 750 G/H 500 at 4ft over head. Today i got my hanging kit for the light, so i worked on that a little.

20150404_183957.jpg

20150404_184003.jpg

20150404_185107.jpg

20150404_173233.jpg

i came up with a 1" PVC cap to cover the eye hook and other mounting, to give it a real clean look.

Wow, this looks really nice. Great job on the stand. In a way it's a shame you've only got a 12g on there. :)

Only thing I would change is instead of having the lights suspended all that way from the ceiling I'd probably have brackets on the back of the stand and only have a small hang.

Something like this:

IMG_5755.jpg

Just a personal thing, although yours might actually look better in person.

Will keep an eye on this.

BOBBARKER68

Looking good guy. Good to see you on here.

hey jason, you told me about this site a while back. Thanks for that and the velcro advice. I checked out your tank, looking very good, when i start stocking i will swing by for some frags.

BOBBARKER68

Wow, this looks really nice. Great job on the stand. In a way it's a shame you've only got a 12g on there. :)

Only thing I would change is instead of having the lights suspended all that way from the ceiling I'd probably have brackets on the back of the stand and only have a small hang.

Something like this:

IMG_5755.jpg

Just a personal thing, although yours might actually look better in person.

Will keep an eye on this.

thanks i did think about hanging it that way, but i dont like that look had it over a different tank. I ordered my 12gal and 2 weeks later found out they are releasing a 22gal so that will be my upgrade option when i am ready.

BOBBARKER68

Ran my electrical and plumbing today along with getting an rodi unit. One more step closer......

20150410_165724.jpg

20150410_165704.jpg

20150410_194710.jpg

Odyssey350kc

Stand looks great, as does everything else. Plenty of room for storage, I wish I built my stand a bit bigger, now that my ato container and sump are in there is literally no room for anything else.

BOBBARKER68

Stand looks great, as does everything else. Plenty of room for storage, I wish I built my stand a bit bigger, now that my ato container and sump are in there is literally no room for anything else.

Thanks, that was my plan i had a 90gal 3yrs ago and no room in the stand, so i learned my lesson. My ato will go on the right on that shelf. It will be gravity fed so no power supply needed.

Odyssey350kc

I love the idea of the gravity fed ato. Never seen it done before, but the idea of keeping things simple with no pump is great. Where did you find the float set up for that?

BOBBARKER68

I love the idea of the gravity fed ato. Never seen it done before, but the idea of keeping things simple with no pump is great. Where did you find the float set up for that?

A local reefer, let me stop by and chat. He has a 180gal with a gravity fed ato. He told me he got on ebay, so thats where i headed, picked it up for 20$

pewpewkittah

#1 or #4, but on #4 I would flip the rock on the far left over to make a small arch like you did before.

Any plans for livestock?

Archived