ReefCleaners.org

Loooooooooooong NaNo Reef - CUC added

BOBBARKER68

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BOBBARKER68

#1 and I love the setup and Aussies

Thank you, nice pup! I love aussies and will never get another breed. We rescued both of ares, my wife does agility with the blue he is four. The red is 9 he is the old man but you would never know thats for sure.

I would check your running level on the sump. It seems high.

I have a 10 gallon sump and it is only half full when running. If the power goes out it fills to about 90% full. Since yours looks to be about 80% full now I'd fear a flood if everything drained back. With a 20 gallon maybe its ok, and you can still fit 4-5 gallons of water in there.

You can always add a checkvalve (you may have one and I don't see it in your photo) but I wouldnt trust it long term.

BOBBARKER68

I would check your running level on the sump. It seems high.

I have a 10 gallon sump and it is only half full when running. If the power goes out it fills to about 90% full. Since yours looks to be about 80% full now I'd fear a flood if everything drained back. With a 20 gallon maybe its ok, and you can still fit 4-5 gallons of water in there.

You can always add a checkvalve (you may have one and I don't see it in your photo) but I wouldnt trust it long term.

Hey thanks for checking. I have tested it by shutting off the power and i still have two inches in the sump after the display drains. I do still plan on taking some water out to night cause it still runs a little high in the last chamber.

Hey how is your tank doing?

davidanthony921

Definitely following. You take pride in your work. That's nice to see from a diy guy. Some people just slap stuff together. Very clean and l love the aquascape. I think I've changed mine about 6 times in the last month. Lol

BOBBARKER68

Definitely following. You take pride in your work. That's nice to see from a diy guy. Some people just slap stuff together. Very clean and l love the aquascape. I think I've changed mine about 6 times in the last month. Lol

Thank you, glad to have you aboard. I am on my way out the door, but i will stop in and check yours out sometime.

BOBBARKER68

Well ran into a problem i have to figure out. I plugged in my SC Aquariums skimmer I have cleaned it very well with a vinegar bath, scrubbed with a sponge to get the build up off. I have hooked it up and started running it, it has been running for 2 days now. There are a ton of microbubbles that are getting into the display. I have done some research and found that it may take a couple days to a week for it to break in. I was just wondering if this was true or is there another fix?

• 1 month later...
BOBBARKER68

CUC added and while moving some rocks in the sump, found this on the underside of a rock.

20150525_081309.jpg

20150601_184558.jpg

20150601_185245.jpg

CUC added and while moving some rocks in the sump, found this on the underside of a rock.

20150601_185245.jpg

Hmm... what the heck is that?

Wow, very nice build thread!!! I love the you re-purposed an older dresser or was that called a hutch?!?

Anyway, I wish I had the space to get a long tank but can only fit a cube in the space that I have in the living room. I need to find a camera so I can make my build thread better. I'm horrible when it comes to that.

Not sure what that gooey thing is under your rock. Maybe some sort of macro?

That slimy flesh colored stuff is creepeeee - other than that, everything looks awesome! Love this tank.

Archived