Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Loooooooooooong NaNo Reef - CUC added

BOBBARKER68

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Live rock is awesome, but it does freak me out a little to handle. Who knows what the heck you're going to come in contact with!

I have the same type of pink fleshy looking stuff growing on the bottom of frag plugs and my frag rack,does it look like it has small "spikes" on it ?! I didn't know if it was eggs or a sponge myself..?!

This is a sweet ass set up though,loving the scape !!

BOBBARKER68

I think its time for a FTS! Got any plans for livestock yet?

i will, in a couple weeks picking up some frags from a local reefer this weekend. Just two clowns for right now as they were in a 5gal tank.

BOBBARKER68

I have the same type of pink fleshy looking stuff growing on the bottom of frag plugs and my frag rack,does it look like it has small "spikes" on it ?! I didn't know if it was eggs or a sponge myself..?!

This is a sweet ass set up though,loving the scape !!

no spikes just veins like in the pic. Thanks for the comment.

What did you do with the rock? I think that is probably just a sponge- a good filter feeder :)

i pulled it out to burn off two aiptasia, then put it back in my sump.

Picked this up from LFS today, brand new 150.00 I dont really need a power head, but i love the wave movement in a tank.

20150602_122756.jpg

Live rock is awesome, but it does freak me out a little to handle. Who knows what the heck you're going to come in contact with!

HA! I couldn't agree more :)

BOBBARKER68

Amazing Price! any plans on what setting you are going to run it?!

not a clue, i have watched some vids, but this is my first one.

BOBBARKER68

So after looking at the vortech i will have to mod my stand to make it fit, which kinda bugs me cause it wont look super clean.

I thing you are being too hard on yourself in regards to the look.

Also, that vortech is a great investment. It is amazing what it can do.

BOBBARKER68

mounted the reactor on the far left under top off container.

20150607_150759.jpg

drilled the holes so vortech control box can fit through

20150607_152220.jpg

• 7 months later...

So...... i was having trouble growing out the corals, and gave up on a mini reef. My black clown jump one night, so we have a clown and a coral beauty angel. My wife also surprised me with a125 gal acrylic tank that we stole off Craigslist. Our plan is to do a FOWLR, seeing as i have a headache from corals. The whole reason we started SW was beacuse of the fish to begin with.

So...... i was having trouble growing out the corals, and gave up on a mini reef. My black clown jump one night, so we have a clown and a coral beauty angel. My wife also surprised me with a125 gal acrylic tank that we stole off Craigslist. Our plan is to do a FOWLR, seeing as i have a headache from corals. The whole reason we started SW was beacuse of the fish to begin with.

So this tank will be getting shut down? Can always run it as a softies only tank and get/make a screen cover. : )

Archived