Innovative Marine Aquariums

Eisers Cube - PicO, MAME - Photo Dump

Eisernes

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:bowdown: my new fav build. so sleeeeeek.

That's a high compliment thank you. I'm just chasing you though. Your builds helped bring this one together. Hopefully it will still look as good when it's stocked.

I forgot that my SG was low from some ATO overflow mishaps while I was setting everything up. The Tunze runs for a little while every time it loses and regains power and ended up diluting my water a little. SG was sitting at 1.022. I didn't notice until I got the clowns and tested my water and the store water to see how much off they were. Luckily their water was also 1.022.

I have been topping off with saltwater since Thursday and it's slowly coming up about 0.001 every two days. It's at 1.023 right now and I expect will be 1.024 tomorrow. 1.026 is the target.

I also need to get new salt. I'm pretty much set on the Aquavitro Salinity but I can't get it anywhere locally so I'll have to order it. I used el cheapo regular IO for the initial fill and cycle and I don't like it. Everything tests low except for alk which tests a bit high and it takes about three days for it to look clear. I might get a small bag of RC and just see how it mixes up. If I don't like it I can just use it in my 40 since it has become FOWLR.

I missed the start of your new build thread until just now. Congrats on getting wet and cycled! I love the clean look and the rock scape. Are you using starboard or is that the foam on the bottom of the glass. It's hard to tell :)

I missed the start of your new build thread until just now. Congrats on getting wet and cycled! I love the clean look and the rock scape. Are you using starboard or is that the foam on the bottom of the glass. It's hard to tell :)

It's both. There is a foam yoga mat under the tank and 1/4" starboard inside the tank. It is cut 1/4" short on all sides to keep it off the the seams and I put a bead of silicone under it to keep detritus from settling in there.

Thanks! I'll be following along to see how it works for you. I really like the easy cleanup concept but I'm not sure if I like it enough to give up the look of sand. And I worry about my snails not being able to burrow any more.

Btw, if you didn't like the alkalinity level of regular IO salt, you will probably hate RC. Mine usually mixes up at about 10. I'm thinking about changing but I've got four bags of RC to use up first :(

Next month I start a new shift at work that I'm pretty excited about. I will actually be at home to see my tank. Right now I work 4-5 12 hr night shifts and sleep all day. The new shift is two 24 hr shifts plus every weekend off.

I'm putting in a small order of zoas today or tomorrow. I want to get a few different zoa morphs with a variety of colors so I can get the Kessil color dialed in. Still working on what corals I want to get for each part of the tank. May end up with a few sps pieces at the top.

The colors are fairly close to the naked eye. I might throw a little bit more blue on them.

003-21.jpg

001-15.jpg

The palys in the background have me puzzled. It seems like the more light I give them the more they reach.

*yum*

This tank looks tasty. Great work so far.

Thank you.

Very nice! I really like the blue ones with pink centers. What kind are they?

I don't know. I haven't seen them before. They are dark blue with a bright yellow star shape in the center and an orange mouth. I think there might be a thin line of green bordering the blue and yellow as well.

So I have a filtration decision to make. I can't decide if I want to use carbon/gfo or carbon/vodka dose/overskim. It seems like vodka benefits larger tanks more but I don't have experience with it. I'm looking at either getting the mini BRS reactor or a nano-doser for vodka. Any opinions or experience to share?

Reefin Ric Flair

Looks super sweet! Love the bright yellow stand and the idea of blue furniture. I bet it all flows and pops nicely. +1 for your avatar being Carl from aqua teen aka the greatest character ever created. Following this

I placed a legendary order with Legendary Corals. Hopefully it can ship next week if the weather behaves. Nothing too crazy. I got a couple of acans, a large setosa frag, some rastas, and another zoa morph.

Decided to skip the vodka. Going with a BRS mini reactor with carbon/gfo. Only equipment left to tackle is dosing. I will most likely get a DOS. I know they are expensive but if I were do buy a couple of pumps I would need to get a EB 8 to go with it so it really would end up being cheaper. Plus it is integrated right in to the Apex.

Kicking around the idea of getting a nanobox duo too.

There is about a foot of 3/4 pvc coming off of the pump. The union/valve is 3/4 reduced to 1/2 vinyl going to the mame. Drain is 1" vinyl.

It's a happy day in the cube. I got a frag of miami vice zoas last summer that ended up with a aptasia right in the middle of 4 heads. While removing it I got a little sloppy and lost two heads. Like 7 months later there is finally a new baby polyp growing.

Archived