Pod Your Reef

The Cube - Phase III - Wrasse Collection pg. 7

ReviloM

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so. Any issues from your unit?

Nope. I'm very happy with it. I tried to find a complaint but couldn't. My wife even commented on how quiet it was.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

-Installed the Maxspect Gyre XF130. I got to say that I like it very much. I removed all my other pumps and use that solo. The one thing I wish is that it was a bit longer in my cube horizontally) so that it could get the area in the back. That is my only dead spot. It could be fixed vertically but because my tank has a squared overflow in the inside, it would block the gyre effect. I still rate this pump 5/5 stars for no issues and doing the work of 4 pumps in 1. I, also, only run it at 50% forward and full in reverse because any higher for forward seem to be a bit too strong and will pound my corals.

-Removing NoPox and going with biopellets. I decided this because I would rather have the piece of mind with biopellets because consumption rather than a liquid being poured constantly for my nitrate reduction. Also, because AIO biopellets have become a success with nitrates and phosphate reduction, I can not remove both without the need of GFO. One issue did occur when the NoPox tubing became constricted because of the check valve and stopped dosing. It caused my nutrients to increase which caused algae to grow everywhere and brown my sps. The algae is starting to die back off in which you can see in the display pic below on the right.

I purchased the Reef Dynamics BPR 135 Recirculating Biopellet Reactor (NIB) today at a great best offer price and already built so no waiting a month. It should be here next week.

BPR135E-2.jpg?1392920951

all-in-one-biopellets-_1_.jpg

- I haven't done a single WC since setup and haven't had any ill effects. I have been adding back my elements via the Red Sea program but I think I will starting doing WC. This is only because I am expecting the arrival of my daughter any day now and my focus won't be as much on my tank. I won't be able to spot issues right away and fix it as I normally would. So it would be easier to just use that feature of my PacSun Kore 5th so it can be easily done.

10511341_375392319280988_639740404644262

-Re-did the scape to achieve a better depth perception. It can't be seen well in this FTS from my AtHome Camera app for my iphone. I will take a better image with my camera once I get home this weekend:

16665933302_407e17930d_o.jpg

FUTURE PLANS:

-Order Remaining Items:

*ReefKeeper Light Plus (primarily for pH monitoring and Return pump timer; will probably order next month)

*PacSun AWC Pumps add-on (may order next week, Monday)

*Battery APC for power outages.

-No more equipment after those left to buy. Will only get new corals with money I get from selling my current ones/trading for corals. (I know that last statement will be hard to do though)

• 3 weeks later...

Few updates:

- My wife gave birth to my daughter on March 11; I am now a proud father of a 6 lbs 13 ounces baby girl. Because my wife and I are stationed at different military installations, I have been away from my tank now since March 6th.

- The tank has been holding steady. No calls from main office at my residence which is good. I still have another week to go before I return home. Here is a quick webcam pic of how the tank is right now:

16216812914_5bbe079089_c.jpg

I see I have some cleaning to do with the tank upon returning home.

- Fish & Invert Update - Added (2) Flaming Prawn Gobies which were tiny. I thought they would be a lot bigger than what they were. I added then before I left. I, often, see a small stick like object floating in the tank then immediately change direction which I think is one of the fish. So hopefully all is good with them. I, also, added a blue velvet slug. I started to see some flatworms on the front glass so, I ordered one of those and added it as well. I think all the flatworms should be nearly eradicated by now.

-Equipment Update - Decided that I may need to setup a frag tank once I get home to get all the frags out of my display and plumb it to the main display. I will use the ATI 4x24W Sunpower fixture over my current tank. I purchased a new ATI 8x24W Dimmable Fixture (new) today to replace that one. The seller's price was so good that I decided to get an Apex Full System with standard probes (new) from him. Those should arrive by the time I arrive home.

Plenty of pics to come once I get home!!

jedimasterben

My wife gave birth to my daughter on March 11; I am now a proud father of a 6 lbs 13 ounces baby girl.

Congratulations!

NorthGaHillbilly

Thanks!

I had no clue yall were havin a kid, thats great man!

Next time your headed to Shac's give me a text and Ill get you these extension tubes, keep them for a while and see what you can get out of em.

I had no clue yall were havin a kid, thats great man!

Next time your headed to Shac's give me a text and Ill get you these extension tubes, keep them for a while and see what you can get out of em.

Every time my wife came with me to the store, you were ghosting for weeks. I may drive to there tomorrow. I'll let you know if I do.

NorthGaHillbilly

Every time my wife came with me to the store, you were ghosting for weeks. I may drive to there tomorrow. I'll let you know if I do.

shits been busy man, but id like to meet her at some point. Let me know, I aught to be around.

What's the frag tank going to be?

just a normal 20G glass aquarium for housing the current frags I have and future frags. It will be plumbed directly into the tank so I won't have to monitor two systems.

Congratulations. That's awesome. :)

Thanks!

How you plumbing the tank?

bulkhead overflow from frag tank to main tank sump. Split return for main tank and frag tank.

I just ordered 5 more T5 bulbs and it just dawned on me how costly they are...even with 10% off...

I currently have (3) Blue+ and a coral+ so I ordered: (1) Blue+, (3) True Actinics, and (1) Coral +. I will just get new bulbs for the 4x24 later when the frag tank is completely operational.

Ultimately, I have to decide which combo I will run:

(3) Blue+, (2) Coral+, (3) True Actinics

or

(4) Blue+, (2) Coral+, (2) True Actinics

or

(4) Blue+, (1) Coral+, (3) True Actinics

My goal is more color pop with a little increase in par. I didn't have an issue with par with the 4x24 but I want to increase it by a little bit.

Archived