Pod Your Reef

Secret Santa 2014........ Look What We Got!

basser1

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm so proud of everyone :wub:

Right? I always love N-R SS, makes me feel all warm and tingly. Excluding those few who decided not to participate, everyone always tries to go above and beyond for practically perfect strangers.

I need a bro hug, brobro.

Right? I always love N-R SS, makes me feel all warm and tingly. Excluding those few who decided not to participate, everyone always tries to go above and beyond for practically perfect strangers. I need a bro hug, brobro.

We should make sure to keep those names to make sure and ban them from next year unless its for a legitimate reason

Honestly, for an Internet SS we have a really good track record between this year and last. I think Eisernes said only 3 opted out, last year it was even fewer than that iirc.

That said, black listing people will probably help that steadily improve haha. You never know what might have come up, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

just got my delivery this morning and its amazing!!!!! pics to come soon as soon as they show their little faces, and by that I mean open up, and by "their" i mean corals, what im saying is im waiting for my corals to open up......I GOT FRAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:lol::Domgomgomg

Thanks again Paandemonium!

So you can bold my name Eisernes I recieved mine 3 weeks ago, didnt know about this thread so I posted in the first secret santa thread.

defective_weeble came through with some Reef Chili and (I forget the name right now) some dry fish food. Fish are in love with it and my corals gobble up the chili like theres no tomorrow! Great Christmas for my tank, thanks defective_weeble and NanoReef!!!

Thanks Julianna!

15814330580_18bce0b46f_z.jpg

You're welcome!!! Hope you enjoy! I tried to find a smaller pack of pipettes but figured you could use extras. :)

P.S. Julianna is my mom's name, thus it's on our amazon. ;) my name is Tyler.

You're welcome!!! Hope you enjoy! I tried to find a smaller pack of pipettes but figured you could use extras. :)

P.S. Julianna is my mom's name, thus it's on our amazon. ;) my name is Tyler.

So many levels of pleasing awkward in this post.

Honestly, for an Internet SS we have a really good track record between this year and last. I think Eisernes said only 3 opted out, last year it was even fewer than that iirc.

That said, black listing people will probably help that steadily improve haha. You never know what might have come up, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think this would be fair:

1x failure to deliver = blacklist

2x backing out = blacklist (2 times, starting to look like a habit)

blacklist wouldn't have to be permanent either, it could be like 1 or 2 year penalty.

I think next year I'll probably get in on it, haven't had time or money the last couple years. every year though, people really do pretty good here in this SS..

:lol:

needed the laugh. sudden blenny death

this morning. heartbroken.

I'm glad I could brighten up your day a little, sorry about the blenny. Such awesome fish.

I think this would be fair:

1x failure to deliver = blacklist

2x backing out = blacklist (2 times, starting to look like a habit)

blacklist wouldn't have to be permanent either, it could be like 1 or 2 year penalty.

I think next year I'll probably get in on it, haven't had time or money the last couple years. every year though, people really do pretty good here in this SS..

A list like that would be fair, the caveat being who keeps the list, and how that gets passed around from SS host year to year. It could turn in to something fairly petty in just a few short years, and a black list kind of goes against the spirit of the holiday. I think that would have to be some sort of unspoken agreement or it would tarnish our friendly gift giving.

Any way, neither here nor their, merry xmas everyone. Still have to figure out who my SS was, but I've got a solid lead.

Got my SS package today. They chose the "if you are feeling really generous" option...

It might have had my name on the packing list, or if it didn't - now you know who it was. It was an easy decision, since I had bought the same kit myself a week before and really like it.

alanwest09872

I have to say you guys are a great bunch of people. I really hope that I can be apart of the SS next year. This whole post makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Just got in from work to a awesome surprise, not sure who my SS was but thank you so much for the great stuff that'll be put to good use! Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas and thanks again.

BTW, the wrapping paper I cut at the tape bc it was that awesome I wanted to keep it! lol

7B3F9BDB-2920-4655-8EF2-C7624BDE9FC7_zps

D2004F52-D1D4-4546-9CF0-52C4289329A4_zps

"Gangster wrap"

F80FCE63-E648-4A7F-934A-8BCBE42DC987_zps

BAM! Every item on my list :)

BattleAthletics

Just got in from work to a awesome surprise, not sure who my SS was but thank you so much for the great stuff that'll be put to good use! Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas and thanks again.

BTW, the wrapping paper I cut at the tape bc it was that awesome I wanted to keep it! lol

7B3F9BDB-2920-4655-8EF2-C7624BDE9FC7_zps

D2004F52-D1D4-4546-9CF0-52C4289329A4_zps

"Gangster wrap"

F80FCE63-E648-4A7F-934A-8BCBE42DC987_zps

BAM! Every item on my list :)

You're welcome! Merry Christmas skuba!

Wow I didn't even know NR had a secret Santa. I would have participated for sure! Next year I'm in there like swimwear!

What a awesome community. Good job guys!

Archived