SaltCritters.com

Toby's 60g SPS Reef FTS 9/19/15

k4ndyk1ng

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tank has come together well and I am pleased to see it everyday, I'm glad my problems have been rare and I hope for this success to carry on into the future. All I need to sort out now is a dosing pump to keep the params stable and get the acros growing

Some pictures

A FTS with a fresh rockscape to break up territory

image.jpg1_29.jpg

My long lost royal gramma

image.jpg3_10.jpg

Unknown acro, which has purple tips and green polyps and a blue digi in the background

image.jpg2_14.jpg

Green birdsnest which has developed a much richer colour now I moved it lower in my tank

image.jpg1_28.jpg

Skimmer broke!! FFS phoning up charterhouse aquatics tomorrow to get a new pump because it should be under warranty :)

The sailfin has to go now because the bioload is too high now due to the skimmer dying :(

Also I might be considering a PBT for this tank, hear my out here lol.

My tanks footprint is 4x2 which is the same as a 120

My flow is really high, really, really high. 150x tank turnover

PBT will love swimming against it, will this make him think the tank is bigger?

I like the birdsnest. I keep seeing folks tanks with pretty little birdsnest in them. Maybe I should consider one for my tank?

I like the birdsnest. I keep seeing folks tanks with pretty little birdsnest in them. Maybe I should consider one for my tank?

they are super easy to keep and grow, so are the plating monis. They have survived a lot

AllOutAfrican

you have very little space to work with and can see you have put effort into the space the tank is in now... and you have some pretty sps corals the birds nest is looking good and like the blue digita. I have a red digita and love the branching growth form ... your mangrove is looking awesome my mangrove is now borderig a year old and still pushing out leaves has been 3 months since I saw the green shoots coming out.. good luck with the rest of your stocking

you have very little space to work with and can see you have put effort into the space the tank is in now... and you have some pretty sps corals the birds nest is looking good and like the blue digita. I have a red digita and love the branching growth form ... your mangrove is looking awesome my mangrove is now borderig a year old and still pushing out leaves has been 3 months since I saw the green shoots coming out.. good luck with the rest of your stocking

Thanks man. This tank has been a bumpy ride with all it's problems. I am loving the growth and just getting away with using kalk at the moment and will have to get a dosing pump in the near future too. Thanks :)

CORAL UPDATE!!!!

Blue Digi growth (8 weeks)

image.jpg2_5.jpg

Purple tip acro (8 weeks)

image.jpg1_6.jpg

Pink Digi

image.jpg3_2.jpg

Candycane

image.jpg1_5.jpg

xenia

image.jpg2_4.jpg

red monti

image.jpg3_1.jpg

green something

image.jpg4_1.jpg

green monti

image.jpg1_4.jpg

porieties and birdsnest

image.jpg2_3.jpg

blue digi

image.jpg1_3.jpg

pink coral

image.jpg4.jpg

Purple tip acro

image.jpg2_2.jpg

green birdsnest

image.jpg3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

SITUATION

CORALS BLEACHING AND EVEN THE XENIA IS DYING!!!

MY ATO DECIDED TO DUMP LOADS OF KALK INTO MY TANK SHIT!

• 3 weeks later...
k4ndyk1ng

Bad news. Seemed to be doing well before this.

O no, everything was looking so nice 2 weeks ago! I am so sorry.

It isnt too bad, i lost more fish than corals. i lost my chromis and my cherub he was my favorite fish, i saved him from death twice and he had so much character :(

i only lost 2 corals, xenia!!! i dont know how it didnt survive and i lost my pink birdsnest.

The Candyane

image.jpg4_3.jpg

Red plate recovering from bleaching

image.jpg1_31.jpg

These 3 are growling like nothing happened, they all went fully white and are now back.

image.jpg2_16.jpg

Green plate is struggling but the digi is doing great

image.jpg3_11.jpg

I put some more xenia in but it is struggling

image.jpg1_32.jpg

Dead pink birdsnest

image.jpg3_12.jpg

Still got bleaching above

image.jpg2_17.jpg

Well I hope it is all good from here! So sorry about your angel. It always stinks to lose a favorite fish.:-(

k4ndyk1ng

Well I hope it is all good from here! So sorry about your angel. It always stinks to lose a favorite fish.:-(

Thanks man. And rip Colin

Moved the rocks around and stuff, mangroves have exploded image.jpg1_33.jpg

Getting a big fish order coming Sunday so very excited for that :)

• 2 months later...

Tank has been chugging away and I got some more rock today, also got a new phone with a nice camera :)image.jpg1_35.jpg

A close up of the new rocks :)

image.jpg2_18.jpg

Archived