Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

help I need an answer quick

amphipod

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm glad at least some of you no longer are thinking my serious question as trolling :) Back to the pest tanks, id love a majano and other pest tank, only problem is i have yet to come across any majanos, asterina, gorrilla crabs, snails, and ironically amphipods

YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TROLLED BY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm glad at least some of you no longer are thinking my serious question as trolling :) Back to the pest tanks, id love a majano and other pest tank, only problem is i have yet to come across any majanos, asterina, gorrilla crabs, snails, and ironically amphipods

Pods will be on that rock... assuming you didn't kill them all with your table salt.

This is a video of islandoftiki's pest tank:

Has "pest corals", majano's, gorilla crabs, apastia, ect. May interest you.

Methinks the Lady doth protest too much....

are the salt amphipods stealthier than the fresh amphipods?

You usually don't see them until they start multiplying and they mostly come out at night.

He went through a lot of trouble creating about 3 or 4 tanks just to troll everyone...

He's obviously younger than 18 and interested in the things that most reefers/aquarists are not.

I'd say he's more of an amateur scientist than anything.

He went through a lot of trouble creating about 3 or 4 tanks just to troll everyone...

He's obviously younger than 18 and interested in the things that most reefers/aquarists are not.

Not really. I doubt he "set up" anything other than maybe one tank with some water and a rock.... You have no idea if any of the others are related or if ANY of these tanks are actually his.

This guy is way too knowledgeable to be so dense. He's not even a good troll, 2/10.

Now if you're trolling me... then good job 10/10.

Not really. I doubt he "set up" anything other than maybe one tank with some water and a rock.... You have no idea if any of the others are related or if ANY of these tanks are actually his.

This guy is way too knowledgeable to be so dense. He's not even a good troll, 2/10.

Now if you're trolling me... then good job 10/10.

;)

i had such a huge amphipod infestation

in my 3g pico. they were growing to be about

1/2 inch at least, and stealing the pellets from

my sexy shrimps. they give me the heebie jeebies, tbh.

no offense. ha!

i know they're supposed to be "good" but when your

pico reef is overrun with them, ew.

you are basically correct, except the troll part. Of me being a minor still (I dread being still a minor) please treat me with respect still, though I may be a minor, I'm still a human with human feelings so please don't treat me like a nobody for this, as I have many times before been treated as this

i had such a huge amphipod infestation

in my 3g pico. they were growing to be about

1/2 inch at least, and stealing the pellets from

my sexy shrimps. they give me the heebie jeebies, tbh.

no offense. ha!

i know they're supposed to be "good" but when your

pico reef is overrun with them, ew.

hehe.. I had some giant suckers in my 45g cube.... I went out and added a wrasse ASAP. Not so easy to do in a pico though!

hehe.. I had some giant suckers in my 45g cube.... I went out and added a wrasse ASAP. Not so easy to do in a pico though!

it was awful. i had no fish. only corals,

my two sexies, and GIANT amphipods. they

were aggressive suckers too. was more than happy

to lose most of them in the 8g upgrade. though

i think at least one bristleworm hitched a ride. i see

little things whisping around in new tank, but they

look more like coepods, for now.

it was awful. i had no fish. only corals,

my two sexies, and GIANT amphipods. they

were aggressive suckers too. was more than happy

to lose most of them in the 8g upgrade. though

i think at least one bristleworm hitched a ride. i see

little things whisping around in new tank, but they

look more like coepods, for now.

The tank sounds big enough for a pretty pygmy/pink streak wrasse ;)

Archived