Top Shelf Aquatics

help I need an answer quick

amphipod

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I will take your advice, but at present, assuming its that there is iodine in high levels are they save able or are they gonners?

Large water change with aquarium saltwater is your friend. You would be better of using your LFS waste water change water then what you have been doing.

Why would you assume it's iodine? It's the salt. They're not in ocean water right now, they're basically in salty soup. And they're not going to get any better until you get them into a tank with actual saltwater made with an actual salt mix meant for actual aquariums. I'm not sure I can explain it any other way.

If you listen to Maria and change out your water with new water mixed with proper aquarium salt, your nuisance nems nems should be fine... And it's IODIDE! Plus edible sea salt has no iodide in it...

No but some have iodine as a nutrient supplement. Also in a sense there is actual ocean water with some of my added, if you look at my posts you will find one "what is the mystery creature" I used that old aquarium water from Houston. Also what will aiptasia do of there is too much salt or too little salt?

Iodine is used as a supplement when tanks show that they have a need for it, by people who test for it beforehand. Don't worry about it, especially not in an aiptasia tank. Your salt mix will take care of it and your water changes will replenish it.

It doesn't matter if at one point you did use old aquarium water, what matters is what you continue to put into the aquarium. It should be entirely made up of a balanced salt mix that's been mixed with water that has a Total Dissolved Solids reading of 0-2ppm. Distilled water, for example.

Anemones detach when they're looking for a better place to move to.

Utail you get something to measure salt you are screwed that's it no getting by it.And need to get and use actual salt for saltwater tanks.your complety wronge in your tank... you gotta spend alil money for a hobbie

The issue I don't understand, why is this the first time I have this much problems with my taste method, I know I'm sick and there are some issues with my throat, etc. But I've done the taste method for a while with zero issues.

You are probably sick BECAUSE of the taste method
come on I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but I know better than to swallow the water I always spit it out. So I also just added some fresh water the water by relative taste was saltier, I couldn't discern it a few hours ago but I've ben coughing up a ton of phlem since then, how soon should I see if it worked?

I know the salt by how Petco water sample #1 tastes like

The issue I don't understand, why is this the first time I have this much problems with my taste method, I know I'm sick and there are some issues with my throat, etc. But I've done the taste method for a while with zero issues.

Do not ever put tank water in your body, ever.

Seriously. So seriously. Very, very seriously.

You paid for a rock that came from the ocean. Do you know what's in the ocean? Can you catalogue every last cell of bacteria in your tank? Absolutely not. For christ's sake, fish can pass on tuberculosis. Do not play that game with your life, buddy. Not worth the $30 for a godforsaken refractometer.

I have no clue how you managed to keep anything alive at all using table salt and water and your tongue. But stop that. Seriously. Your tank inhabitants are literally creating ammonia as they breathe. They let out chemicals meant to irritate other inhabitants and externally digest them. They poop. Stop putting that water in your mouth.

All you need is distilled water, a reliable salt mix, and a refractometer or hell, go ahead and get a hydrometer if you can use it correctly and mix to the middle of the salinity range to account for incorrect readings. Just stop tasting your tank water.

Archived