Coral Vue Hydros

help I need an answer quick

amphipod

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give the guy a break, he doesn't swallow he spits. lol

Seriously, I've taken a mouthful on more than one occasion starting a siphon.

Also don't know why your suggesting distilled water on a pest tank.

OK just finished aquarium work for today, I drained all the water and replaced it with new salt water from an actual reef salt mix from pet supplies plus, I also bought a hydrometer which the instructions said to let salty water sit in it for 24 hours to "season the needle" (got no clue why) then because the hydrometer wouldn't be ready in time I have mixed 1/2 a cup of salt mix per gallon of water and put it in the tank and realized either most these aiptasia have died or something weird, they have retracted all their tentacles and balled up, one re attached thankfully. My cool pink worm ends up being fine, his comrades I can't say the same about. And I realized also tube worms are stronger than aiptasia they are still healthy, surprisingly, I thought they were more delicate.Also we now know how to destroy aiptasia, just let me when I'm sick try to care for them lol.

I'm also kinda sad that you all still think I'm trolling you.

OK just finished aquarium work for today, I drained all the water and replaced it with new salt water from an actual reef salt mix from pet supplies plus, I also bought a hydrometer which the instructions said to let salty water sit in it for 24 hours to "season the needle" (got no clue why) then because the hydrometer wouldn't be ready in time I have mixed 1/2 a cup of salt mix per gallon of water and put it in the tank and realized either most these aiptasia have died or something weird, they have retracted all their tentacles and balled up, one re attached thankfully. My cool pink worm ends up being fine, his comrades I can't say the same about. And I realized also tube worms are stronger than aiptasia they are still healthy, surprisingly, I thought they were more delicate. Also we now know how to destroy aiptasia, just let me when I'm sick try to care for them lol.

I'm also kinda sad that you all still think I'm trolling you.

PIctures?

PIctures?

Really you think salt licker has the dough for a camera he just bought a bag of actual reef salt and a needle thingy you guys tricked him into buying when he could have just added 1/2 cup to a gallon of tap water n been fine for what he is doing, allegedly.... hell might even be able to start growing GHA with ease too :)

Really you think salt licker has the dough for a camera he just bought a bag of actual reef salt and a needle thingy you guys tricked him into buying when he could have just added 1/2 cup to a gallon of tap water n been fine for what he is doing, allegedly.... hell might even be able to start growing GHA with ease too :)

His parents might have a cell phone!

OK I'll give pics either tomorrow or the day after, I'm extremely tired its 12:51 est sorry for not getting one today, but here's a pic of part of my "lab" to show you at least something tonight.

This is the fresh water section

Here are pics of aiptasia aquarium

Also posting any video or pictures of me "salt licking ” require me posting pictures of myself, so unless you give me some brilliant idea to post a pic of it I must with all respect say no.

I thought you said you had a brother though?And if you do not want us to see your face you can photoshop your face out or blur it

Also licking your water doesn't require hands...just saying

No way I could ever get my brother to even think of tasting the water lol,

Well here's my attempt at photographing myself wearing a brown ski mask over my eyes and face with my tongue in the water, sorry for the blurriness of the pic, at least I tried, I couldn't find the button easily as my eyes were covered. Also by the way this is not how I taste the water at all I dip my finger and taste the drop, I put my tongue in the tank to prove to you I'm not a god dang troll, I hate trolls so much, they should find something better to do than waste others valuable time. So please don't associate me with that type of human scum.

The brown blur in the right corner is me

My tongue is the pink thing coming down near the pink rock, you'll see

In my salt tanks I have aiptasia, valonia, coralline algae, red slime algae, green stringy algae, harpactoid copepods, tube worms, a bristle worm, various other plankton, used to have an awesome isopod but it's favorite food was barnacles even though it took other detritus in the tank. In my fresh tanks I got corydoras, guppies, dwarf African clawed frogs, crayfish, ascellus isopods, elodea, hornwort, duckweed, blue green algae, green algae, java fern, aquatic moss, ostracods, tubifex, black worms, freshwater limpets, several unknown plants, tadpoles, pond snails, ramshorn snails, Malasian trumpet snails, Japanese live bearing snails, moth fly larvae, hydra, daphnia and possibly some unaccounted specimens.

In my salt tanks I have aiptasia, valonia, coralline algae, red slime algae, green stringy algae, harpactoid copepods, tube worms, a bristle worm, various other plankton, used to have an awesome isopod but it's favorite food was barnacles even though it took other detritus in the tank. In my fresh tanks I got corydoras, guppies, dwarf African clawed frogs, crayfish, ascellus isopods, elodea, hornwort, duckweed, blue green algae, green algae, java fern, aquatic moss, ostracods, tubifex, black worms, freshwater limpets, several unknown plants, tadpoles, pond snails, ramshorn snails, Malasian trumpet snails, Japanese live bearing snails, moth fly larvae, hydra, daphnia and possibly some unaccounted specimens.

i'm sure you've explained this somewhere, but

why are you raising all the undesirable hitchhikers

and the like?

also, did you see the mantis shrimp thread? very cool.

also, i can't see a thing your brown ski mask licking foto

but it is still hilarious and we appreciate, as my hub would

say, that you "showed willing". :lol:

I raise the hitchhikers because they provide a very enjoyable pet they are forgiving to neglect, they provide the joys of other pets but without such devastation if they die, to think normal anemone if it dies the price in loss could range from 10s to hundreds of dollars depending on the species vs aiptasia the kids is the money spent on gas to the store, they are free for the most part, plus with them they give you dozens of offspring as replacements. Another thing is they are still beautiful, if dandelions were rare and difficult to grow many people would try to grow them, then are beautiful, like the dandelions, just they have had a tarnished image.Those mantis shrimp are some amazing animals and absolutely spectacular.

Also I obtained most my specimens in streams ponds and lakes from Louisiana Texas and Ohio, also from pet stores

Archived