SaltCritters.com

Kevin's Indonesian Reef

aquakevem

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How my Sicce Syncra 2.0(previous return pump) is plumbed for my return line, quick disconnect by Union for removal and cleaning purposes.

• Slip Socket Union
  • ​Nipple x Close

Bonded together with WELD-ON 711 pipe cement

item.JPG?rot=0

item.JPG?rot=0

Making a few modifications to my stand/sump area.

Picked up a 1st gen Motorola G for my aquarium apps.

item.JPG?rot=0

Fabricating a sealed compartment for all of my electronics and backup battery for my Tunze 1073.050 return pump, which will be a Shorai LFX14A2-BS12 lithium iron 14Ah battery.

item.JPG?rot=0

HarryPotter

Sweet! How bout pictures from father away so we can see where the electronic compartment is in comparison to the tank!

I'm looking forward to your coral pictures. Even pictures on somthing boring look astounding!!!

You're too kind!

Just so you know, there's gonna be a lot more than just corals in the spotlight. :)

Making a few modifications to my stand/sump area.

Picked up a 1st gen Motorola G for my aquarium apps.

item.JPG?rot=0

Fabricating a sealed compartment for all of my electronics and backup battery for my Tunze 1073.050 return pump, which will be a Shorai LFX14A2-BS12 lithium iron 14Ah battery.

item.JPG?rot=0

what led is that?

have any idea of the coverage area on it?

I can make a inquiry to find out for you, though. I am not sure where you may find this fixture for sell.

However, upgrading to one of the other 5 LED boards will be roughly $70.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dude! Amazing build!

Just a quick question - you mentioned a Shorai LFX14A2-BS12 lithium iron 14Ah battery for your return pump? How does everything gel together? Able to show us?

Hey dude! Amazing build!

Just a quick question - you mentioned a Shorai LFX14A2-BS12 lithium iron 14Ah battery for your return pump? How does everything gel together? Able to show us?

Hey! I'll update post #154 when I have everything connected.

Though, you'll need a Tunze safety connecter 6105.5 that will switch to a alternate power source.

More info.

thttp://tunzeusa.com/best-battery-backup-in-the-business/

• 4 months later...

Nothing too exciting from the past couple of months, but upgrades and new gadgets.

• Acquired a Apple Airport Express to function as a wireless bridge for my GHL ProfiLux 3.1T Aquarium Computer
  • Upgraded Ecotech VorTech MP40wES driver to Quiet Drive... What am i supposed to do with the original MP40wES driver and housing???
  • ATO function came via a firmware update for my GHL Doser 2, which there is a function for automatic water change too.item.JPG?rot=0item.JPG?rot=0
  • ​Ecotech Radion XR30w Pro and XR15w Pro needs to be programmed -Debating on getting a ReefLink but that'll be more junk to fit inside of my stand.

item.JPG?rot=0

Tonight's project, fabricating a tray to house a 120mm fan for evaporative cooling.item.JPG?rot=0

Attachment will be made by a magnet of some kind.
Mounted above the waterline of my return section, sump.

You don't have to put the ReefLink in your stand, it can go pretty far away

Hmm..Cool! I had assumed that the ReefLink wasn't a wireless bridge. Plugging in the USB cable for programming got old real fast.

Hmm..Cool! I had assumed that the ReefLink wasn't a wireless bridge. Plugging in the USB cable for programming got old real fast.

ReefLink is totally wireless! For the first time setup you plug the USB from the ReefLink to your laptop. After that the only cable is the power plug!

Archived