Pod Your Reef

Kevin's Indonesian Reef

aquakevem

When I was emailing couple months ago they told me they might not brining it in any more I think it's a marking thing but I don't want to be mad if they really do run out

I think i'll place a second order for a few 30's and 20's, never know.. :lockdown:

Yo Kev! Glad to see you back in the game brother.

I sold my 120 2.5 years ago and it's killing me. Doing some research on my next build... Will be following along.

Hey bro! Exciting news to hear you're back at it.

What are you thinking of doing for your next tank?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Test fitting plumbing to make sure i made my stand high enough, looks good so far.

item.JPG?rot=1

1/ 30 sec: f/8: ISO 100: TTL Fill Flash, Bounced Medium White Reflector

The drain flowing to the refugium 'Food Source' / frag section(roughly 5.6g) is controlled by a gate valve to divert a percentage of saltwater from going to the filter sock / skimmer section.

Black 1" PVC from SAVKO Plastic Pipe & Fittings

Sch 80 1" and 3/4" PVC Pipe And Fittings from Grainger - +GF+ Piping System

Spears 1" PVC Gate Valve from Amazon

+GF+ Piping System 355 Dual Union 1" and 3/4" Ball Valve from Savko Pipe & Fittings

item.JPG?rot=1

Where did you get the light over the sump?

Where did you get the light over the sump?

SandBed,

I bought the Vertex Aquaristik ILLUMILUX from Aquarium Specialty in 2011, but it appears that they are no longer selling this light fixture.

SandBed,

I bought the Vertex Aquaristik ILLUMILUX from Aquarium Specialty in 2011, but it appears that they are no longer selling this light fixture.

I thought I saw they came out with a newer version at inner zoo last year, maybe even a t5 hybrid, maybe I'm trippin.

How's the build coming?

I thought I saw they came out with a newer version at inner zoo last year, maybe even a t5 hybrid, maybe I'm trippin.

How's the build coming?

Ha! They can have the revamped fixture, if true.. I just want the inline 1-10v module that was promised for dimming purposes.

My build has been coming along slowly as of late. I guess i can blame that on my interests in photography and myself waiting for GHL to catch up on software updates(ATO function) after their transition to a new facility.

I always wondered who may have assembled my Doser 2(?) omgomgomg

10994274_329894953871042_143022686246530

Image by GHL-Facebook

1900372_329894923871045_6730650663666524

Image by GHL-Facebook

...In the meantime. I am currently building an All-In-One quarantine tank that's a 40g breeder.

Sweet! I know not much of photography but that new lens looks fancy :)

She's a beauty ;)

I see you continue to acquire more equipment for your build. You seem to be just as bad as me.. Lol.

I'm too excited, this build is like watching coral grow lol

I'm thinking about getting into photography but I just need to save up lol. What camera do you have? (This has probably been asked 10 times but I never payed attention) :)

I was thinking, that that lens doesn't really need VR.

Then I think, that's a great all around lens, not just a macro.

Great portrait lens, for example. Ahhh, needs VR.

--------------------------------------------

I had also noticed tonight that GHL dosers are on clearance.

Now I know why. Looks nice.

Good placement to compete with the Kore 5th, same color too.

I'm too excited, this build is like watching coral grow lol

I'm thinking about getting into photography but I just need to save up lol. What camera do you have? (This has probably been asked 10 times but I never payed attention) :)

Ha! You'll need a bit of patience to be successful with photography too. :)

I currently own the D800 by Nikon.

I was thinking, that that lens doesn't really need VR.

Then I think, that's a great all around lens, not just a macro.

Great portrait lens, for example. Ahhh, needs VR.

--------------------------------------------

I had also noticed tonight that GHL dosers are on clearance.

Now I know why. Looks nice.

Good placement to compete with the Kore 5th, same color too.

You're absolutely right, given the focal length of 105mm on my FX body. I also have the advantage of using this lens for portraits and maybe even distant landscapes.

--

You'll see the previous generation of GHL slave/standalone dosers going on clearance. The slave Doser 2 is expected sometime around mid year. I almost bought into the Kore doser -almost.

myGHL *Open Beta* - Cloud based service for controlling Doser 2
(Profilux and Mitras, coming soon)

Here's where you can Manual dose and view remaining contents of fluids.

item.JPG?rot=1

item.JPG?rot=1

Daym that's a nice doser. And here I am looking at the jebao ones :)

Ha! Not to steer you away from getting a Jebao doser, but.. About a handful of more features will be available too!

You're gonna need a doser or something to keep your levels in check with a stocked tank :)

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates?

Not from the past few weeks, though, Trust that i haven't abandoned this project.

Darn, difficult to balance my passion for photography and marine life. B)

Not from the past few weeks, though, Trust that i haven't abandoned this project.

Darn, difficult to balance my passion for photography and marine life. B)

Hurry up!! Have you even got the 5 bits of glass you fill with water?
  • 1 month later...
aquakevem

Noooooo!!! Hope he returns! Was loving this build so far...

dude, this has been delayed lolol

Guess stuff has happened in your life

Say.. I am still fairly active, peeping threads.

Though i will not budge until GHL releases upcoming features/add-ons for the Doser 2(ATO being one of them) :slap: PH-Control, via expansion card for PH measurement is a upcoming feature too ;)

aquakevem

Acquired my first and hopefully last tripod, which is a Gitzo Systematic series 2 long GT2542LS

This should come in handy for FTS and videos :wub:

item.JPG?rot=1

k4ndyk1ng

I'm very excited for when you finally get this up :) why don't you start the cycle? :P

And when the tank is up I'm expecting top notch out of this world photography :)

• 2 weeks later...

Up late installing components to my GHL ProfiLux Aquarium Computer(coming weeks).

ExpansionSocket Powerbar Which is pretty much a 1 to 2 extension cord splitter, but it draws current from a wall outlet instead of my main Powerbar. These two(2) sockets are for my Eheim heaters.

VorTech Controller Controller for my MP40wES that needs to be upgraded to Quiet Drive.

ProfiLuxTunze1(Not Shown) To control the current from a Tunze 1073.050 electronic water pump, which will take the place of my Sicce Syncra 2.0 this coming week.

LeakInterface Brain of the dectectors/leak sensors placed inside and out of my aquarium stand.

item.JPG?rot=0

Return pump upgraded Undoubtedly the same size as a Sicce Synrca 2.0, but the included suction feet makes it a bit taller.

item.JPG?rot=0

Archived