Coral Vue Hydros

Kevin's Indonesian Reef

aquakevem

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24v 120mm fan is odddddd. Never seen a non-12v one. It may be loud - I would consider running it at 12v and seeing how it goes.

24v fans are typically for industrial use. Push tons of air at high RPM with lots of noise, not to mention the higher price. I ended up using 12v 120mm PC fans and just splicing them onto a 12v wall wart. Had all the gear laying around so the entire project cost me $0 :D.

i would of gone with Noctua weather proof fans to combat the high humidity and salt content.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=79&lng=en

Thanks for the suggestions !

I have plenty of 12V power adapters laying around so i'll go that route with the Noctua waterproof fans. Now, just need to locate the packaging to the Dayton fan to make a return.

My bedroom gets pretty warm during midday as the sun shines through my double windows. Cooling the tank is necessary during the summertime.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Kevin still here?

Of course i am still here B) though. I do not have much to share for awhile(Patience i seem to have).. Early adoption of a few products that i have acquired lately are not completely functional 'out of the box' to some extent. such as the Doser 2 unit awaiting firmware to support ATO feature and Temp monitoring has lead me to halt my system -No biggie. I have interest in acquiring the new GHL ProfiLux Powerbar 5.1 along with ProfiLux Controller 3.1T. Also exchanging my (2)Kessil 360's for Radion XR30 Pro and a XR15 Pro on the left side since the overflow box takes up a decent amount of space to not need more than 3 LED pucks on a three foot tank. :ninja: Seeing the Multi Light RMS took me there.

Since i don't see myself being home much to attend to my tank. I may as well wait to have the control that i really desire for this system -Piece of mind

Sweet move on the radions, that multi light rms looks pretty sweet. I'm hoping to pick up the longer slide rail and tracks for my build.

Sweet move on the radions, that multi light rms looks pretty sweet. I'm hoping to pick up the longer slide rail and tracks for my build.

Yeah, trust i'll have much better control over sunrise, sunset and moonlighting with the Radions. The RMS Multi Light Rail surely secured my interest for a better light hanging option.

I see you acquired a pair of Radions on your tank. I'll need to catch up soon!

Very nice build so far.

Thank you! It's a fun build so far :)

and they ask why we dont support local fish stores...

Yeah, even competitive pricing isn't the main problem with some LFS. Majority of non online retailers are lacking in quality of Livestock.

looks good :)

how do you have the patience?

Ha! It doesn't get any easier for me every time i see Dr. Mac's (PacificEastAquaculture) Indonesian coral colonies on a discounted sale ;)

• 4 weeks later...

^ :)

Ha! Technically it was for a short period of time ;) though, I didn't have ATO available and still do not (Needs Firmware update) to program via my GHL Doser 2 <_<. I guess i can give GHL a pass since they are in the process of moving to a new facility.

Hold your horses.. Lol

i just ordered the 20lb reef flakes live sand

they were sold out forever

i might order like 2 more bags just to keep in case

Bout six months..

May as well, hearing supply for this quality of sand is hard to come by.

Spiderguardnano

When I was emailing couple months ago they told me they might not brining it in any more I think it's a marking thing but I don't want to be mad if they really do run out

Yo Kev! Glad to see you back in the game brother.

I sold my 120 2.5 years ago and it's killing me. Doing some research on my next build... Will be following along.

Archived