Cultivated Reef

NEW! Fusion Nano 10 & Fusion Nano 20 Aquariums

Marine Depot

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obsessed Reefer

I love the Razor, had it over my Nuvo 8 gallon. I'm loving the tank so far, had issues with the stand when putting it together, but some handy work fixed that. I feel IM overpriced the stand a little bit for what it is, but over all I'm pleased with the combo.

I love the Razor, had it over my Nuvo 8 gallon. I'm loving the tank so far, had issues with the stand when putting it together, but some handy work fixed that. I feel IM overpriced the stand a little bit for what it is, but over all I'm pleased with the combo.

I didn't want to complain about the stand but I agree 100%, I hated the alignment for the cam locks and several places laced holes for dowels. My hinges were also completely different than the instructions and one of my door closers/opener thingies is broken :(

14812354229_cf41c0e86a_z.jpg

Clear Water by darth.slover, on Flickr

I like the look of the Razor over the tank, very cool! What are you going to run your MP10 at?

Obsessed Reefer

No idea. I need to look into that. When I had it on my 8g, I ran it on the lowest setting, but I want to take out the korallia and just run the MP10.

I didn't want to complain about the stand but I agree 100%, I hated the alignment for the cam locks and several places laced holes for dowels. My hinges were also completely different than the instructions and one of my door closers/opener thingies is broken :(

Agreed, the stand is awful for what IM is charging for it. Alignment on the cam locks, missing holes for dowels, and general door alignment. Also couldn't get a standard 5 gallon jug to fit with the door attached. Trying to decide whether or not to just lose the door. I'm fairly happy with the tank so far, but I wish I would have shopped for an alternative to the stand.

Hopefully my luck changes with the IM Ghost skimmer, I just dropped that in today.

No idea. I need to look into that. When I had it on my 8g, I ran it on the lowest setting, but I want to take out the korallia and just run the MP10.

Shouldn't be an issue I'm running mine at 80% and the flow is awesome, albeit I don't have sand so sand storms are a non-issue.

Agreed, the stand is awful for what IM is charging for it. Alignment on the cam locks, missing holes for dowels, and general door alignment. Also couldn't get a standard 5 gallon jug to fit with the door attached. Trying to decide whether or not to just lose the door. I'm fairly happy with the tank so far, but I wish I would have shopped for an alternative to the stand.

Hopefully my luck changes with the IM Ghost skimmer, I just dropped that in today.

Glad to hear you experienced the same thing. My doors are ugly hung too. I may send them an email :/

Let me know about your skimmer. Mine isn't crazy loud but it certainly isn't quiet...microbubbles are currently a nightmare as well

Let me know about your skimmer. Mine isn't crazy loud but it certainly isn't quiet...microbubbles are currently a nightmare as well

Tons and tons of bubbles, especially around the gasket. My biggest problem is that I can't seem to get it adjusted. My water level is just below the clips for the cover, yet I had to push the gasket almost to the bottom of the cup to keep it from filling with tank water. Also trying to figure out what the adjustment on the airflow should be. I'm new to skimmers, and I'm wondering if all I have is a pair of clowns and a blenny if I should have bought the thing to begin with.

skimmer.jpg

Tons and tons of bubbles, especially around the gasket. My biggest problem is that I can't seem to get it adjusted. My water level is just below the clips for the cover, yet I had to push the gasket almost to the bottom of the cup to keep it from filling with tank water. Also trying to figure out what the adjustment on the airflow should be. I'm new to skimmers, and I'm wondering if all I have is a pair of clowns and a blenny if I should have bought the thing to begin with.

skimmer.jpg

Im new to skimmers too and only have a pair of small clowns so I figure break in will be slow. I have no clue how to work the damn thing though all I know is my cup sits lower than yours currently :lol:

I have to 20g and the flow seems to be a bit weak. Any suggestions on an upgrade pump? Can I just buy any pump like a MJ 1200 and it will work or do I need a special one? Im not set on an MJ 1200 if that will work and open to suggestions.

Thx,

Dell

Oh, by the way I love this tank, just upgraded from a 10g and am very happy with it so far. I will probably upgrade the caddy's (just get the ones for the Nuvo 16)?? would those be the right size?

One question i added like 4 days ago about 15lbs of tonga i got from a local reefer she gave it to me for $20 some nice pieces from her 180g display, even got this green/purple mushroom on one rock. Since the rock was fully cured how long should the cycle be if any at all never used fully cured before and the rock went from her tank to mine like a 20 min drive at the most??

One question i added like 4 days ago about 15lbs of tonga i got from a local reefer she gave it to me for $20 some nice pieces from her 180g display, even got this green/purple mushroom on one rock. Since the rock was fully cured how long should the cycle be if any at all never used fully cured before and the rock went from her tank to mine like a 20 min drive at the most??

If its cured there shouldn't be any "cycle" in the traditional sense. You may have a fractional die off from the move. I would be more concerned about any detritus from the rocks. Although I don't think Tonga is particularly porous?

I have to 20g and the flow seems to be a bit weak. Any suggestions on an upgrade pump? Can I just buy any pump like a MJ 1200 and it will work or do I need a special one? Im not set on an MJ 1200 if that will work and open to suggestions.

Thx,

Dell

Oh, by the way I love this tank, just upgraded from a 10g and am very happy with it so far. I will probably upgrade the caddy's (just get the ones for the Nuvo 16)?? would those be the right size?

I'd just get some circulation pumps in the display! Or buy two MJ900's and run one on each return, although that may add some serious heat :/

If its cured there shouldn't be any "cycle" in the traditional sense. You may have a fractional die off from the move. I would be more concerned about any detritus from the rocks. Although I don't think Tonga is particularly porous?

I'd just get some circulation pumps in the display! Or buy two MJ900's and run one on each return, although that may add some serious heat :/

Its porous by what i can tell, but ive only used dry rock from florida. Am going to wait a week then ill test, what sould i expect to see?

Its porous by what i can tell, but ive only used dry rock from florida. Am going to wait a week then ill test, what sould i expect to see?

Marine Depot

My tank is on the way Woot! Woot! Also got a 10% coupon code :) Thanks MD!

Thank you for shopping with us! :wub: Looking forward to seeing another one of these tanks in the wild!

Marine Depot

Mine is out for delivery - the 10% off was a nice touch, can't wait to get the thing cycled...

We'd love to see a photo once you've got it up and running! Thank you so much for shopping with us, much appreciated!!! :wub:

Archived