Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NEW! Fusion Nano 10 & Fusion Nano 20 Aquariums

Marine Depot

Back at work but yes, the baskets they used was a conscience business decision. There is a ton of room for the baskets to move around or more precisely are better suited for their customcaddy.

This is my first nano-tank in about 3 years. My last one was a Nano-Cube but currently run a Elos 70. The build quality on the IM is very nice.

Also, sorry about the crappy pictures. I broke my good phone last week and haven't replaced it. So currently using my beat up S3.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back at work but yes, the baskets they used was a conscience business decision. There is a ton of room for the baskets to move around or more precisely are better suited for their customcaddy.

This is my first nano-tank in about 3 years. My last one was a Nano-Cube but currently run a Elos 70. The build quality on the IM is very nice.

Also, sorry about the crappy pictures. I broke my good phone last week and haven't replaced it. So currently using my beat up S3.

Haha no worries on the phone pictures, i think ill wait and see if InTank comes out with a basket

Marine Depot

Haha no worries on the phone pictures, i think ill wait and see if InTank comes out with a basket

Innovative Marine's website states the smallest CustomCaddy (the one for the 16) fits both the Fusion Nano 10 and the Fusion Nano 20, although we have yet to try/confirm this ourselves.

I don't understand why they just don't use the custom caddy from the get go instead of making people buy extra pieces

Very true

Raising the base price turns away consumers though. Once you have the product you are "trapped" into buying add ons

What kind of lighting is everyone going put over the 20?

Radion XR15Pro

I just have a duncan colony, zoas and shrooms, so I'm just going to use a Current Orbit Marine...no point in spending $500+ on a light for them, I'm thinking.

Buy the "best light" within your budget. If you know what direction you want to go with your tank it should be easier and you're right no point over spending if you don't need it unless you plan to change directions in the future. A pair of PAR 38 lights on gooseneck would look cool IMO

I was thinking the same thing about the par bulbs. I have 2 par38 full spectrum by rapid laying around. Unfortunately they are the 60° lenses....

I understand that , but why not include the better product and increase the base price just a bit.

That's why i like my PicO. No need to upgrade anything. The media basket it came with is great. The pump is sufficient. But it does cost more so it evens out in the end.

I think they should have gone with better baskets for the filtration area...

That's because it's a marketing ploy. Make crappy baskets so that you would buy the "upgraded" basket versions. Same thing with the tank, which doesn't have an efficient AIO filtration. They won't release a fully efficient AIO tank because then they won't be able to release a new tank every year to keep up with the fad of reefers. IMO these tank lines are the most over-hyped.

That's because it's a marketing ploy. Make crappy baskets so that you would buy the "upgraded" basket versions. Same thing with the tank, which doesn't have an efficient AIO filtration. They won't release a fully efficient AIO tank because then they won't be able to release a new tank every year to keep up with the fad of reefers. IMO these tank lines are the most over-hyped.

You dont have to buy a whole new AIO just some upgrades.

You dont have to buy a whole new AIO just some upgrades.

Reading comprehension is fundamental.... A company does not release a "perfect" product simply because if they did, they will be limited to that one release of the product. An example would be Apple iPhones. More money can be made by simply creating imperfect products then improve it the next year in a "new" product release.

Reading comprehension is fundamental.... A company does not release a "perfect" product simply because if they did, they will be limited to that one release of the product. An example would be Apple iPhones. More money can be made by simply creating imperfect products then improve it the next year in a "new" product release.

A product is never perfect. If a company waits to develop a "perfect" product, they will never release. You have to release something to get feedback. Of course, you would want to release something good enough so people will want to use it and actually give you feedback. It's actually good that technology is constantly improving.

A product is never perfect. If a company waits to develop a "perfect" product, they will never release. You have to release something to get feedback. Of course, you would want to release something good enough so people will want to use it and actually give you feedback. It's actually good that technology is constantly improving.

No, perfection is when an product operates as intended. Marketing 101 simply states you give the public what your ideal perfection is but in an existing market that "ideal perfection" must surpass the existing products. In IM case, their AIO filtration is a step back. There are existing AIOs such as fluval specs that surpass its current releases. It's over-hyped simply because it is new. I have the 16G and the 30L. I have had small AIO tanks from petco that performed better than those do at filtration right out the box.

The stock fluval spec "media basket" is just a big sponge with carbon and ceramic rings crammed into it. That is really nothing to be proud of imo. None of the water is forced through the carbon therefore it's pretty much useless .

The stock fluval spec "media basket" is just a big sponge with carbon and ceramic rings crammed into it. That is really nothing to be proud of imo. None of the water is forced through the carbon therefore it's pretty much useless .

I was just painting a picture. Anyways just take a look at my build thread.

Ive seen it, you had cloudy water and blamed the tank. Even if it had been a sumped system you could have ran into the same problem. An AIO tank with poorly made media baskets isn't going to cause cloudy water.

If you so concerned with utilizing carbon then perhaps even buy a reactor? Even buying additional baskets via IM or InTank is still a minor upgrade cost. Seems like nitpicking to me. But then again I consider $200 shipped a good value for a 20 gallon AIO

Archived