Top Shelf Aquatics

Mirya's Floridian Flower Garden - All kinds of new things!

Mirya

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baby2_zpsnq7yl50u.jpg

It's a RFA baby! I offered it some cyclopeeze, which it happily gobbled up. Since it is hanging out with my NPS, it'll be sure to get target fed every other day, so hopefully it will grow fast. Its smaller than a zoa right now.

I saw this baby the day after I took this picture -- it had walked about a foot across the bottom of the tank! Quite a marathon for such a little thing. Haven't seen it since though. I just imagine it has walked somewhere else. Meanwhile I have seen a few more babies on the rocks that all my adult RFAs are on. :) Glad they are getting it on.

Otherwise work was busy this past week because I was on call. Didn't keep up much with the forum as a result. Had a lot of reading to catch up on! My husband and I are also actively house hunting. I love that whenever we walk into a potential house my husband turns to me and says, "Where will the tanks go?" We are actually considering a 3 car garage just so I can turn one of the bays into a fish room for sumps, quarantine, etc. Too bad most houses down here don't have basements, otherwise I'd use that!

Very important feature. You have to look at wall space and corners! and does the floor look sturdy enough, is it by a window?

So, because I posted that I hadn't seen the original orange RFA baby earlier, I just found it while feeding tonight. :D

Very important feature. You have to look at wall space and corners! and does the floor look sturdy enough, is it by a window?

Yup, yup, yup!

Mirya, where did you get the cyclopeeze?

I bought it last year from Phishy Business, one of my old LFS in Ohio. Phishy Business has since gone out of business. :(

This morning my husband and I drove out to what had been our favorite house thus far to try my drive in to work during rush hour.

It sucked balls.

I'm really glad we did it, but it was really sad crossing that house off our list. It was in a subdivision just being built, so the house was customizable still to a point. It had great light and soaring ceilings. There was protected woods and wetlands right next to the subdivision too.

But then things got better! We viewed a house over lunch with our realtor which is even better than the house we just checked off our list! It isn't brand new, but it is only 5 years old. It has plenty of trees nearby and is next to a city park. I also scoped out plenty of places for tanks!

Dining room right off the front entranceway. I'm thinking my Florida tank and dart frog vivarium will go in here. There is a perfect spot just out of frame for the Florida tank.

2052329_4.jpg

The built-in next to the fireplace can house my Nuvo8:

2052329_9.jpg

And this green wall that faces the breakfast nook will be great to eventually have a nice not-nano tank... like a 150!

2052329_10.jpg

And what makes this spot perfect is that just behind the green wall is the laundry/mud room:

2052329_21.jpg

Which my husband already suggested we move out the washer/dryer and gut and turn into a fish room for the frag tank, sump for the big tank, quarantine, etc!!!

Oh yeah, there is also a nice screen porch overlooking the backyard that will be awesome for cats, once we get some:

2052329_17.jpg

Tomorrow morning we will try the morning commute from this house. I'm nervous. According to Google Maps it is on the edge of the drive time that I want. Ugh, I so love this house though....

RIP Sebastian

This morning my husband and I drove out to what had been our favorite house thus far to try my drive in to work during rush hour.

It sucked balls.

I'm really glad we did it, but it was really sad crossing that house off our list. It was in a subdivision just being built, so the house was customizable still to a point. It had great light and soaring ceilings. There was protected woods and wetlands right next to the subdivision too.

But then things got better! We viewed a house over lunch with our realtor which is even better than the house we just checked off our list! It isn't brand new, but it is only 5 years old. It has plenty of trees nearby and is next to a city park. I also scoped out plenty of places for tanks!

Dining room right off the front entranceway. I'm thinking my Florida tank and dart frog vivarium will go in here. There is a perfect spot just out of frame for the Florida tank.

2052329_4.jpg

The built-in next to the fireplace can house my Nuvo8:

2052329_9.jpg

And this green wall that faces the breakfast nook will be great to eventually have a nice not-nano tank... like a 150!

2052329_10.jpg

And what makes this spot perfect is that just behind the green wall is the laundry/mud room:

2052329_21.jpg

Which my husband already suggested we move out the washer/dryer and gut and turn into a fish room for the frag tank, sump for the big tank, quarantine, etc!!!

Oh yeah, there is also a nice screen porch overlooking the backyard that will be awesome for cats, once we get some:

2052329_17.jpg

Tomorrow morning we will try the morning commute from this house. I'm nervous. According to Google Maps it is on the edge of the drive time that I want. Ugh, I so love this house though....

Hooray for cats!

Ohhhh yeessss. Beautiful, bright, airy looking home. Yes to all the tank locations and you have a place for your RO/DI in the mudroom, could always do a stackable W/D and sell those. It's such a pretty looking home, nice walls, area spaces. I hope your commute works!

The commute works! Our agent has drafted our offer and is delivering it to the seller's agent!

The seller's agent did mention that another agent is also putting together an offer, so we'll see. We tried to make our offer as sweet as possible -- offering full asking price, not asking for any closing costs, offering a 30 day closing instead of 45, and offering what are hopefully perceived as generous due diligence and earnest money amounts. The seller is hopeful the home buyer will purchase some/all of the furnishings as she needs to move out of state. That is something we are open to because with all of my moves (WI -> FL -> FL -> Canada -> OH -> NC) I honestly don't have much furniture other than beds and 2 antique dressers and the fishtanks!

In other news, I got my Diver's Den Sneak Peek and I see that they may have a pair of Yasha Gobies tonight. I'm really considering getting them. My Nuvo 8 has been fishless since last year when my old Yasha passed away. I had hoped I could find a Magnificent Shrimp Goby, but those are pretty rare and haven't been collected for a year or so. I love Yashas though and a pair would be fun!

Mine!

_cfimg4098126851486817253.PNG

I also picked up a Caribbean porcelain crab for the Florida biotope once it is re-set up. Then, because I was so close to the free shipping threshold that it was "free" in a way to order something else, I picked up a Maxima clam. Delivery is Tuesday. :D

I feel good about this. I think it'll be yours. What a wonderful way to end the week if you hear back tomorrow. Wishing the best for you, that house looks like it has lots of charm and it would work so perfectly with your tanks. I'm excited for you.

I'm already in love with your house, the nice relaxing porch for days like today to just fall asleep with a slight breeze. OH YEAH!!!! God it was so gorgeous this week.

I feel good about this. I think it'll be yours. What a wonderful way to end the week if you hear back tomorrow. Wishing the best for you, that house looks like it has lots of charm and it would work so perfectly with your tanks. I'm excited for you.

I'm already in love with your house, the nice relaxing porch for days like today to just fall asleep with a slight breeze. OH YEAH!!!! God it was so gorgeous this week.

Thanks so much, Annette! I'll take as many crossed fingers as I can get!

I actually had to turn the AC on tonight! Tanks were getting hot even with windows open and a fan blowing across their tops. The high temp in Raleigh was 81 today.

Fingers crossed for the house! It looks beautiful and being able to buy the furniture sounds like a great opportunity.

PS: congrats on the gobies! And the porcelain crab. And the clam. That free shipping thing gets me every time :lol:

Wow, a beautiful house, Mirya. I hope it works out!

What Dawn said! That place is gorgeous! ok, I can't find it and was looking. Where did you relocate to again? NC? Which area?

What Dawn said! That place is gorgeous! ok, I can't find it and was looking. Where did you relocate to again? NC? Which area?

The Triangle. I work in Raleigh. Currently rent in Cary (suburb directly west of Raleigh). The house we have the offer on is in Garner (suburb directly SE of Raleigh).

Hoping the news is good!!!!

Haven't heard anything yet. Going nuts! The seller has moved to the west coast and is working night shift (based on some things I saw in the house, she is an RN), so the time difference and her schedule is delaying the news.

In the meantime, making up some fresh saltwater to distract myself with a water change...

The Triangle. I work in Raleigh. Currently rent in Cary (suburb directly west of Raleigh). The house we have the offer on is in Garner (suburb directly SE of Raleigh).

Haven't heard anything yet. Going nuts! The seller has moved to the west coast and is working night shift (based on some things I saw in the house, she is an RN), so the time difference and her schedule is delaying the news.

In the meantime, making up some fresh saltwater to distract myself with a water change...

OK, that's really funny. I was looking at the pictures of the house and it looked just like my brother-in-law's house, like it was the same builder and maybe even neighborhood. Sure enough, he lives in Garner :)

Have you been yet to the Eagle Sanctuary in Cary? or slightly west of Cary.

Are you referring to the Carolina Raptor Center? I think that is just outside Charlotte. Will definitely be a place to visit whenever we start to explore NC! If there is another place near the Triangle though, I'm all ears. :)

OK, that's really funny. I was looking at the pictures of the house and it looked just like my brother-in-law's house, like it was the same builder and maybe even neighborhood. Sure enough, he lives in Garner :)

ROFLMAO. Yeah as obsessively as I've been looking through MLS listings lately, I can definitely see similarities between houses that must have had the same builder. I didn't get the name of the builder of this house, but was told that they built 3 different subdivisions around Garner. This subdivision is only 6 years old and is next to White Deer Park. (Hurray for nearby running trails.)

My agent texted me a short time ago. The seller just woke up. She is an RN and works in a trauma department on the west coast. She doesn't have access to the internet while working (I imagine she is too busy to do so!). She has asked to let us know tomorrow which offer she is going to accept. The other offer is at full price as well. The seller's agent thinks she likes that we are willing to buy furniture, which may give us an edge. Our agent suggested we try to put together an itemized list of items and proposal for what we'll pay. That will be tricky going off of memory and photographs. Plus, we weren't really inspecting the furniture while we were there...

Argh. I think I need to go drink! ;)

Oh wow. Never heard it come to that, now dependent on furniture. It's definitely a seller's market right now. I like everything I saw in the pics. Good Luck!!!

Archived