Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mirya's Floridian Flower Garden - All kinds of new things!

Mirya

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Our offer was accepted!

OMG CONGRATULATIONS HOMEOWNER!!! I'm so thrilled for you, it looks like my style of house. That's so exciting!!!!! now go have dinner and celebrate!!!!! One Friday I can't wait to drive out, meet up w/ ya & see this beautiful home. It looks so bright and inviting.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Our offer was accepted!

YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Thank you everyone! My husband had to work this weekend, but after he finished Sunday night, we went out and celebrated! Mmmmm margaritas... Tomorrow afternoon we are going to the house to scope out which furniture we are going to offer to buy from the homeowner. We are also going to get some room measurements and try to sketch out a floorplan. I can't believe this time next month we will own a house! The only downer is knowing I have to pack up and move, after just having done it 3 months ago. But this will be the last time. :D

In tank news...

Holy crap, every day the more I look around, the more RFA babies I find! There are a total of at least a dozen now that I've identified. Most of them have red oral disks with either red or white tentacles. There are 2 green oral disk babies with white tentacles. There are a few that seem mostly brownish but with some fluorescent specks, so we'll see what they turn into as they grow bigger. Unfortunately, the majority of the babies are in a location that is hard for me to see, much less be able to photograph. It sure is exciting though. :) I also found one baby tonight in the mouth of one of my Favias. Guess his wandering around the tank got him in trouble! I did manage to pluck him out and I put him in a little nursery cup. No idea if he'll make it, but it will be an interesting experiment to see!

I've started out with hand dosing to try to bring my Ca/dKH/Mg levels up to where I want them before I switch over to the DOS for maintenance dosing. Damn my alkalinity sucks. It'll take a few days before I even where I want it. This will all eventually be worth it though as I'm sure it will make the corals happier, and will make parameters more stable for the clam that is coming tomorrow!

Yes my Diver's Den shipment comes tomorrow! I'm very excited and slightly nervous; this is my first order from them. I've never gotten fish through the mail before -- only corals and inverts. Pistol will be happy to have goby buddies again I'm sure. He's been alone for 5 months now.

Did you even have time to unpack much? And pass out the lollipops, baby rfas all over!!!! That's exciting. I wish I got a good start but the cyanodino I had, they never stood a chance and next time I'll feed them all more. But I hope they grow beautifully. My friend had a brown one and it turned out pretty, getting more purple tips at the end eventually. Different but pretty.

047_zps1680c832.jpg

That sure is a bigger baby than I ever had. SO pretty, I love white on rfas. And I think it is pretty when they have a white skirt and a different colored body.

Did you even have time to unpack much?

There certainly is stuff we left in boxes... but we did unpack the kitchen completely. Ugh I hate packing kitchens. Clothes are unpacked. My husband's computer stuff is unpacked. (He is an IT guy who telecommutes, so that was a must!) The fish stuff is half unpacked. So, there will still be plenty of stuff to repack. At least we will probably have an overlap between where we are renting now and the new place, so we can take our time somewhat.

I love those orange with white skirt baby RFAs the most!

SO pretty, I love white on rfas. And I think it is pretty when they have a white skirt and a different colored body.

:D Thanks! I seem to have lots of the white skirt orange face babies. I wonder if the peppermint stripe red skirt is the momma. Most of the babies are near that one.

Baby2_zps1gkic1yv.jpg

Babies3_zps2ljs3p92.jpg

There is a new LFS that opened nearby over the weekend -- Fintastic of Wake County. I picked up a frag on ORA Monti Setosa from them. Its always been one of my favorite SPS for its growth form and color. I figured since I'm starting dosing, I could try my hand at SPS. :o From what I've read this is a pretty hardy one. If you look closely at the picture, at the base of the white PVC tube that I have some Trumpet corals in, you will see another baby RFA!

Setosa_zpss6k9pphe.jpg

I grabbed a picture of the Porcelain crab while it was drip acclimating yesterday. It's tiny! I haven't seen it since I added it to the tank. :( I did add it to my RFA rock. I still need to get a picture of my new clam. It seems to be settling in nicely.

PorcelainCrab_zpszqayh3ip.jpg

Finally, while I was taking pics with my porthole, I saw my DayGlo favia was all happy-tentacly, so I snapped a pic of it too. I won it from LC's last live sale. Its been doing great for me.

DayGlo_zpsitejshcr.jpg

Love the babies! They're big!!! I can't wait to have some. I had some once.

20151003_202132_zpsjbnc4vhq.jpg

20150818_194612_zpsfrpsg8qr.jpg

20150605_210622_zpsesmop2ti.jpg

20150202_200426_zpsik4ongzg.jpg

3023_zps9aa1cbe2.jpg

030_zps796174ba.jpg

Soon again I'll hopefully have some. But just keep showing me your pics for inspiration!!!!! Ha! By the time I get going I may have to buy one from ya.

And that is so perfect and convenient that he can take his job anywhere. That really is awesome.

I love your baby pictures, Annette! Definitely if one of my babies makes it to a decent size, I'll find a way to get one to you. :)

I'm thinking about taking a road trip this weekend. Mr Saltwater Tank is speaking at the Charlotte Reef Club this Saturday. 2.5 hr drive for me. I could check out some of the shops in Charlotte while I'm there.

I snapped a picture of my clam tonight to share. I think he's been acclimating well:

Clam_zpsvzhabxsr.jpg

Ooooh, a nice different set of colors. I love that light blue and light melon. That's gonna be pretty!!! It'll be cool to see how it changes.

Yeah, I just found out about a store Inland's Reef which would be 2 hr 30 or so from here, just past Charlotte. With this nice weather we had it makes me want to go for a drive soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived