Innovative Marine Aquariums

ETucc's Fluval Spec V ~ Nano Box!

ETucc

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooo I'm at my LFS and I can't resist getting Gemma a new friend... I might get some heat for the fish choice for my tank size, but oh well! I think it'll do great in my setup. Pics to come soon. ;)

Sooo I'm at my LFS and I can't resist getting Gemma a new friend... I might get some heat for the fish choice for my tank size, but oh well! I think it'll do great in my setup. Pics to come soon. ;)

you got a yellow tang? awesome! =P

Meh size is not really my biggest concern at the moment aggression is both fish are very territorial and I wonder if piccolos death was by Gemma perhaps out competing for food or stressing piccolo

Ceasar is gorgeous! I have a royal gramma and his name is KB for Kowabunga. He's an adrenaline junkie and went for a ride in and over my overflow the first several days I got him. I thought he just didn't adapt and perished in the tank until a week and half later I found him in the sump, Ha ha. I had to put a filter to block the overflow after that. They are a personality fish although not as personable as blennies.

let me know if he hides alot. i always wanted one but read they can be either very shy or very aggressive.

I had one it stayed out and chilled with the clown and they all slept together in the front right corner <3

Love these guys. I have one in my 20g w/ my mantis Gertie. She chooses to hide in a spot very close to Gertie's door, it's only 4" away so I'm kinda surprised. I may need to make her a better hiding place on the opposite side of the tank.

Ceasar is gorgeous! I have a royal gramma and his name is KB for Kowabunga. He's an adrenaline junkie and went for a ride in and over my overflow the first several days I got him. I thought he just didn't adapt and perished in the tank until a week and half later I found him in the sump, Ha ha. I had to put a filter to block the overflow after that. They are a personality fish although not as personable as blennies.

Thank you! I'm definitely intrigued by them. Very interesting fish.

I've been eyeing one of these at my LFS! Looks beautiful Tucc! I absolutely love these fish, stunning :)

Looks soooo awesome dude!!!

Thanks guys!

let me know if he hides alot. i always wanted one but read they can be either very shy or very aggressive.

Right now he's shy, but most fish are when first introduced into the tank. I'll let you know once he warms up to things!

Meh size is not really my biggest concern at the moment aggression is both fish are very territorial and I wonder if piccolos death was by Gemma perhaps out competing for food or stressing piccolo

Piccolo was the one that chased Gemma. He was in the tank first. And I always made sure that he got enough food. Who knows what happened!

Sooo I just got back from work and I found my Peppermint freshly dead... definitely not a molt. Ugh I have the worst luck with shrimp.

I had a Cherry Shrimp in my FW tank and I saw it for about a week and never saw it again after that...

Check your water quality, small invertebrates will usually feel it first. I just had to do a 50% water change on my 34 because I was overzealous feeding trying to always make sure the tailspot, my other orange spot blenny and ycg eat and my nitrates were at 10. Today it's a 5.

Check your water quality, small invertebrates will usually feel it first. I just had to do a 50% water change on my 34 because I was overzealous feeding trying to always make sure the tailspot, my other orange spot blenny and ycg eat and my nitrates were at 10. Today it's a 5.

Since Piccolo died, I've only been feeding 3 times per week, and only one pellet for Gemma. I no longer had diatom blooms, even with my lights being on 10-12 hours per day. Everyone else is fine. All of my snails, my conch, and Emerald seem to be indestructable, but this is the second peppermint I've lost.

I'm about to test for nitrates now...

Caesar is still hiding! I've read that Royal Grammas eat small crustaceans in the wild... could he be the culprit?

Since Piccolo died, I've only been feeding 3 times per week, and only one pellet for Gemma. I no longer had diatom blooms, even with my lights being on 10-12 hours per day. Everyone else is fine. All of my snails, my conch, and Emerald seem to be indestructable, but this is the second peppermint I've lost.

I'm about to test for nitrates now...

Caesar is still hiding! I've read that Royal Grammas eat small crustaceans in the wild... could he be the culprit?

Mine always hides, he loves his low hanging rock structure, there are no other fish, he can swim around safely but he prefers not to. He may be the culprit. Mine doesn't come close at all to the mantis shrimp. Doesn't show interest at all. I think they're in the top 10 for the most striking colored fish though.

Mine always hides, he loves his low hanging rock structure, there are no other fish, he can swim around safely but he prefers not to. He may be the culprit. Mine doesn't come close at all to the mantis shrimp. Doesn't show interest at all. I think they're in the top 10 for the most striking colored fish though.

My nitrates have never been zero... :P Thank you chaeto!

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/IMG_20141015_221659299_zpsg3rvhthe.jpg.html'>IMG_20141015_221659299_zpsg3rvhthe.jpg

I love the fish but I was hoping it would be more active... I'd say Caesar must've had something to do with the dead shrimp. Yours doesn't come out at all?

70% of his time he stays near a rock by the mantis. Maybe he just likes being social. And he's still skittish around me. He hides when I walk by the tank if he's in the open.

New FTS!

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/IMG_20141016_121527976_HDR_zpsspwyj709.jpg.html'>IMG_20141016_121527976_HDR_zpsspwyj709.j

So I haven't fed yet since my Royal Gramma, Caesar, was put into the tank yesterday, but he seems to be warming up nicely!

He created a little cavework under my rock, with many different outlets for him to traverse in and out of. I saw him spitting out rocks during the construction. He seems to really love it in there so far.

I plan on trying a first feeding tomorrow morning. Gemma already ate yesterday before Caesar was purchased, and she's always grazing anyway.

Right now I'm about 4-5 feet away from my tank on my PC, and Caesar is out and about! He only seems to hide when I'm very very close to the tank. I'm hoping that will change a little bit once he knows the hand that feeds. :P

With my nitrates being zero, I think it's time I look for some soft corals, and maybe even an lps, soon!

Its awesome the amount of color Caesar adds to the tank :)

With my nitrates being zero, I think it's time I look for some soft corals, and maybe even an lps, soon!

Yes! This 100% yeeesss. Cant wait to see it :D

Its awesome the amount of color Caesar adds to the tank :)

Yes! This 100% yeeesss. Cant wait to see it :D

He really is awesome! Thanks again. And yes, once I get a decent amount of money together and find some corals that are reasonably priced, I'm definitely gonna pick some up. ;)

After doing some internet research and looking at other forums, apparently it's not too uncommon for a Royal Gramma to attack or eat shrimp... Although I haven't been 100% convinced by anyone's account.

Has anyone had problems with a Royal Gramma and Peppermint Shrimp, or other small crustaceans?

where did you get the gramma at?

This place called Ocean Aquarium in Egg Harbor Township, down by me. His livestock prices aren't the greatest...

I paid $25 for the Gramma. It's cheaper than ordering one online and I was looking for one, specifically.

His coral prices are ridiculous, but in his defense, none of them are frags and all of the LPS and SPS are large and healthy.

Archived