Cultivated Reef

CUC is in! - Son of Godzilla

evanski

Great looking tank and thread.....I may go bare bottom when I re-start my cube in a few weeks....I am thinking of putting some egg crate on the bottom, paint it black....for the rock to sit on, but then I think.....detritus trap...just nervous to sit rock on the glass....

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thx, Geezer.

My cycle was pretty fast with cured live rock and no sand...your mileage may vary.

I used that Dr Tims stuff. Lawn cycled his tank in 10 days. I used twice the dosage he did. haha

Only 16 months :lol:. How long have you been in Austin now?

And congrats on the CUC :).

Thanks! Been here almost a year.

I bought everything with the intention of putting it up in the loft in our Tahoe place...which necessitated a set of cabinets and granite top.

Then we decided to move...

Better late than never, I suppose!

Thanks! Been here almost a year.

I bought everything with the intention of putting it up in the loft in our Tahoe place...which necessitated a set of cabinets and granite top.

Then we decided to move...

Better late than never, I suppose!

16 months isn't too bad considering the big uprooting in between there :).

16 months isn't too bad considering the big uprooting in between there :).

Yeah...i retrospect I am glad I did not set up the IM 16 and THEN try to move it. Pretty sure it would have failed and ruined the flooring. Much happier with the 20.

Coralz and a fish coming in a week or so I think. I am out of town next week...might throw a chunk of GSP and see if it lives while I am gone.

John is great! got my rock from him and hopefully get the tank going soon.....

What light in the fuge and how are you doing it? Thinking of a fuge in my 20 also.

New FTS with CUC and a few tester corals. Few zoa frag splits from sweet mini colonies provided by my friend Ty at Austin Reef Club and some GSP of my own from the 2G.

15C0D1EC-B4B6-45C1-A507-5DCA598A8288.jpg

GSP opened right up and looks great. Love the look, will keep it carefully segregated from everything else.

DC034F8E-A350-44C9-BDC3-64A350FA526A.jpg

Fires and ice...purty.

461E1D1F-D860-4278-8F2F-AC9BAFDABD3D.jpg

CUC love the new digs so much, a few of the snails got drunk and got busy!

A8917298-0547-4C28-8A36-32EB55742080.jpg

New FTS with CUC and a few tester corals. Few zoa frag splits from sweet mini colonies provided by my friend Ty at Austin Reef Club and some GSP of my own from the 2G.15C0D1EC-B4B6-45C1-A507-5DCA598A8288.jpg

GSP opened right up and looks great. Love the look, will keep it carefully segregated from everything else.DC034F8E-A350-44C9-BDC3-64A350FA526A.jpg

Fires and ice...purty.461E1D1F-D860-4278-8F2F-AC9BAFDABD3D.jpg

CUC love the new digs so much, a few of the snails got drunk and got busy!A8917298-0547-4C28-8A36-32EB55742080.jpg

Dude.... yes! Well played sir,you scienced the shit out of it!

I just love gsp accent rocks.

Me too...people bash GSP all the time, but as long as you are careful not letting it spread too much it is pretty and a nice pop of color and motion in any tank.

I had one in my rock flower tank, it's now in Gertie's tank. Once it's on the rock it doesn't move off the rock so it's self contained. And I love the flow and it has a brighter green pop than some other corals. Has that green highlighter quality when the light is right.

I had one in my rock flower tank, it's now in Gertie's tank. Once it's on the rock it doesn't move off the rock so it's self contained. And I love the flow and it has a brighter green pop than some other corals. Has that green highlighter quality when the light is right.

Gotta keep an eye on mine, because I suspect it might crawl onto the glass as mine is bare bottom.

Not too concerned...it ain't a cheetah.

You always have something laying around we need :P

I'll be interested to see how my calerpa does for nutrient export in what is a pretty small fudge area. Might buy another rack for the other side.

I'll be interested to see how my calerpa does for nutrient export in what is a pretty small fudge area. Might buy another rack for the other side.

What kind of fudge peanut butter :)?

Looks great, E!!!! So I was talking with my brother yesterday and the plan is to buy our ranch "north of austin". Not sure how north but it will be near Austin :). For now anyways....Derek says to me, I always wanted to retire to a house with a grist mill :rolleyes:. Granted, that would be nice too :D. Do they have gristmills in Texas?

You always have something laying around we need :P

:lol:

You need one? I could probably get a premium for it if they are sold out :).

Looks great, E!!!! So I was talking with my brother yesterday and the plan is to buy our ranch "north of austin". Not sure how north but it will be near Austin :). For now anyways....Derek says to me, I always wanted to retire to a house with a grist mill :rolleyes:. Granted, that would be nice too :D. Do they have gristmills in Texas?

:lol:

You need one? I could probably get a premium for it if they are sold out :).

Dunno about grist mills, but I am a big fan of aquaponics and don't have a place to set it up (hint hint). Same w chickens and goats. Maybe L and I can time share some farmland with you?

Archived