SaltCritters.com

CUC is in! - Son of Godzilla

evanski

Finished product. On a small rug we bought for it, sitting in the hallway until I clear the space in the office.

DEF8DB26-94B6-4861-8980-07B187BE4DFA.jpg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure yet probably black or a dark mocha color. I thought of painting it but don't want to really deal with that.

I need to start a build thread myself and will post up in there.

Yours looks cleaner than mine...

Yours looks cleaner than mine...

Not sure about that yours looks like it came out great!

I wanted to use all maple in mine but could not find any at a decent price so just went with poplar.

You could truly make those for a living!

They will be about $5K each lol

This one is ok quality wise...looks good, but next project will be so much better. It is the way of such things.

Not sure about that yours looks like it came out great!

I wanted to use all maple in mine but could not find any at a decent price so just went with poplar.

Maple would have been awesome...but pricy as you say. Oak was great for me, stained mi wax dark walnut to ketch the top.

All in about $70 bucks not counting butcher block top I had as scrap.

They will be about $5K each lol

This one is ok quality wise...looks good, but next project will be so much better. It is the way of such things.

Maple would have been awesome...but pricy as you say. Oak was great for me, stained mi wax dark walnut to ketch the top.

All in about $70 bucks not counting butcher block top I had as scrap.

Yep I think I am into it about 80 to 100 for materials. I picked up my butcher block off Craigslist for 20 bucks. Old piece of IKEA counter top.....

OK, here we go! Went with cured live rock from the LFS, big chunky islands with no sand and lots of floor space. Cool hitchhiker already...also aptasia (bombed it already with Aptasia X) and an asterina I am going to remove.

FTS with rock and water.

DA3C0B95-3C24-4694-8BE2-D59088172BE6.jpg

Closer...

7C032B01-D788-4D3A-9D52-699CB2B5D84A.jpg

Angle shot...

70E4D75A-0F1E-4B6D-81A9-B731E45895D1.jpg

Hitchhiker!

FB4DD850-61B9-462C-B414-32F7BEDC7685.jpg

OK, here we go! Went with cured live rock from the LFS, big chunky islands with no sand and lots of floor space. Cool hitchhiker already...also aptasia (bombed it already with Aptasia X) and an asterina I am going to remove.

FTS with rock and water.

DA3C0B95-3C24-4694-8BE2-D59088172BE6.jpg

Closer...

7C032B01-D788-4D3A-9D52-699CB2B5D84A.jpg

Angle shot...

70E4D75A-0F1E-4B6D-81A9-B731E45895D1.jpg

Hitchhiker!

FB4DD850-61B9-462C-B414-32F7BEDC7685.jpg

Hell yeah man looks awesome. So you're expecting no cycle?

I always get excited with the first hitch hikers. But even more so with the weird ones that had to have been really tiny and only showed up 2 yrs later, like that odd 8 leg spider I had.

Hell yeah man looks awesome. So you're expecting no cycle?

Dunno. I am guessing I could add coral right now and be just fine, not so sure about fish. Might just wait to see if I get diatoms, so I have the lights on. May add a bit of food to decompose as well. In a few weeks if tests look good I will add a small cuc, then a small fish.

Thoughts?

Wish I was at that point :D Looks good keep on posting pics.....

Thx...will do!

Dunno. I am guessing I could add coral right now and be just fine, not so sure about fish. Might just wait to see if I get diatoms, so I have the lights on. May add a bit of food to decompose as well. In a few weeks if tests look good I will add a small cuc, then a small fish.

Thoughts?

Thx...will do!

Sounds like a plan. Add a little flake food and give it a few weeks. You waited this long whats a few more weeks?

I always get excited with the first hitch hikers. But even more so with the weird ones that had to have been really tiny and only showed up 2 yrs later, like that odd 8 leg spider I had.

Yeah...also saw some spaghetti worms, and maybe a thin tuft of gha. One bennie of sparse rock work is that removal for scrubbing and treatment is a snap.

It looks sooooo good!!!! I love it!!!!

You could truly make those for a living!

He already promised to make me one someday. Hopefully I get special pricing :D.

I love the high chunk rock and the low laying piece next to it,looks awesome man really aweome! Well done.

Can't wait to see the next step :)

How are the spin streams and the 1200 working out for flow?

Not as well as I had hoped. I do like the variable flow, but the MJ1200, split returns, and spin streams do not make for much bulk flow at all. They may break in a bit but I am planning on a MP10 in the future.

This is AFTER selling mine at a loss because I was afraid it would break the IM 16 :unsure:

It looks sooooo good!!!! I love it!!!!

He already promised to make me one someday. Hopefully I get special pricing :D.

Thanks! Yours is cost of goods only....everyone else, $5K!! :bling:

I love the high chunk rock and the low laying piece next to it,looks awesome man really aweome! Well done.

Can't wait to see the next step :)

Glad you like the minimalist look. Maybe scoly on the floor, a plate or two as well. Wanted some open space.

Hey evanski, I have the Hydor versions for my 40 breeder on a sicce 1.5 and they do an awesome job. And they're cheap

Not as well as I had hoped. I do like the variable flow, but the MJ1200, split returns, and spin streams do not make for much bulk flow at all. They may break in a bit but I am planning on a MP10 in the future.

This is AFTER selling mine at a loss because I was afraid it would break the IM 16 :unsure:

Thanks! Yours is cost of goods only....everyone else, $5K!! :bling:

Glad you like the minimalist look. Maybe scoly on the floor, a plate or two as well. Wanted some open space.

I hear ya man,mines the opposite lol so I admire lots o space.

Hey evanski, I have the Hydor versions for my 40 breeder on a sicce 1.5 and they do an awesome job. And they're cheap

I hear ya man,mines the opposite lol so I admire lots o space.

I'll just keep the system I have and augment if I feel the need after the system settles in. Will see how it goes!

I'll just keep the system I have and augment if I feel the need after the system settles in. Will see how it goes!

Sounds like an excellent plan sir!

Finished product. On a small rug we bought for it, sitting in the hallway until I clear the space in the office.

DEF8DB26-94B6-4861-8980-07B187BE4DFA.jpg

Beautiful job on the stand!

Archived