inTank Media Baskets

CUC is in! - Son of Godzilla

evanski

It's so nice to see you with a running tank and updates :).

View from my home office this morning, working on yet another proposal...

DF1EC43E-BC25-4B3F-91BA-C39C6AC433D2.jpg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's so nice to see you with a running tank and updates :).

I hear your implicit criticism on my lack of updates on my 2G Fluval. :lol: Will do bubble algae removal and water change and post again! Thanks for the kind words!

Looking great E! Did you go BB?

Both my tanks are BB now. I like the look and sand has been a real problem source of algae fodder and crashes. For low maintenance I think this is a clean look and safe way to go.

Nice setup. You planning on leaving it barebottom?

Yup. I like the clean look, easier to maintain, and no detritus bombs/sick tank syndrome.

Jump started the cycle with a tsp of Reef Roids (perhaps a pricey way to do it)...had 1-2 ppm of ammonia next way and visible diatoms today.

Acans in my 2G are just waiting to see the new home.

Great build I like the stand

Thanks!

Spike the nitrogen cycle with a tsp of reef roids 4 days ago...over 2 ppm ammonia with no conversion to nitrite/nitrate yet.

Some fuzzies on the rocks and diatoms. Hope the lone micro brittle star I saw earlier survives the spike. A few feather dusters have made an appearance, as well as a couple of tiny but awesome looking white ball anemones.

Looking forward to placing a Reefcleaners order next week!

That's a pro looking stand. I like your style.

I'll be following along

Thanks! It is old school mission style cabinetry. Very simple. but I like the straight lines and chunky iron hardware.

Quick update...

Cycle completed in about 6 days...waited a few additional days to make sure. Tested zero/zero/zero twice every other day for four days. Diatoms on glass and rocks...just leaving it for the CUC. Will order the 20L pack from Reefcleaners tomorrow along with some macro algae for the fuge.

Make two filter bags of homemade CPE Blue (1 TBS Purigen, 2 TBS Aquamax carbon, and 1 tsp Aquamax Phos Out), one in each media basket and topped with floss.

Along with pods, the ball anemones, a little fuzzy algae, diatoms, and a stray brittle start, I found this little gem sticking his head out.

258EBA95-55DB-4466-84F5-84554FB200EB.jpg

Lookin good brother definitely following.

Thanks! Kinda ugly right now but exactly what I expected at this point in time.

I have a couple of frags of bullet-proof stuff (GSP, zoanthids) to drop in after the CUC is in place. Also have a few sweet acan and favia frags in the 2G for when things look safe for more stuff.

NorthGaHillbilly

blown away with the stand man, you put that walnut cut off to good use, and the pine is an awesome contrast!

blown away with the stand man, you put that walnut cut off to good use, and the pine is an awesome contrast!

Thx Greg....means a ton coming from you. Really appreciate the design help.

Actually went with 1x3 red oak and 1/4" oak plywood for the body. Thing is a beast!

Just added the CUC. As usual, John was either drunk when he filled my order or he just can't count. This joke is meant to indicate he is VERY generous in filling orders...I got more than I actually purchased. Can't beat free express shipping with the CUC 20L package...a great value! Dropped one or two of each snail into my 2G just to bolster the CUC there as well.

Got the 20L quick clean-up crew http://www.reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=272&virtuemart_category_id=20, and supplemented it with pods, emerald crab, limpets, penny macroalgae, periwinkle snails, and caulerpa. ALmost everything took off immediately, but some of the snails seem to be getting used to their new environment.

Nice packaging, including multiple bagging.

497581D0-E6AE-4D18-B5E8-7F54EFE3674C.jpg

Quick 15 minute float, followed by drop introduction

7B00A912-C50C-49AB-BCB0-DB3901E48CEC.jpg

Grape Caulerpa and pods in the fuge

93EF63B8-A6A1-4DC0-83DD-1C9DB5279E20.jpg

Commence grazing!

3E6890AB-55AC-46FC-AB1C-672DCF5878BA.jpg

Looking good old man. I'm thinking about ordering my CUC from John for delivery next week as well. Might push it one more week though. I'll see how my cycle progresses over the weekend.

Thx, Geezer.

My cycle was pretty fast with cured live rock and no sand...your mileage may vary.

Archived