Coral Vue Hydros

NEED a Cadlights 34 gallon mini basket.

Ecospire

The CAD34 basket needs one final change and to be just a little smaller in case silicone is different from tank to tank. When it always is. Then if approved it will be put on the production list.

It's a big boy super wide!

When we get a time frame, we will be sure to post.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CAD34 basket needs one final change and to be just a little smaller in case silicone is different from tank to tank. When it always is. Then if approved it will be put on the production list.

It's a big boy super wide!

When we get a time frame, we will be sure to post.

Great to hear. I have one question/concern. How tall is the basket? I am assuming it will be about the same height as the tank itself. The reason for concern, for me as least, is I have my light mounted 9 inches above the tank and it is not mounted in a way that I can move it. Im starting to wonder how I will go about getting it into my tank and removing it for changing out media and/or maintenance.

Great to hear. I have one question/concern. How tall is the basket? I am assuming it will be about the same height as the tank itself. The reason for concern, for me as least, is I have my light mounted 9 inches above the tank and it is not mounted in a way that I can move it. Im starting to wonder how I will go about getting it into my tank and removing it for changing out media and/or maintenance.

The basket walls will be almost the entire height of the chamber.

• 2 weeks later...

The Media Basket is done. We still need to develop the water direction piece. Here are a few teaser pictures of this double wide bad boy

Teaser%201.jpg

Teaser%202.jpg

Teaser%203.jpg

:), to late though, breaking tank down this weekend and gutting it.

Is the bottom side notched? Kinda hard to see. I assume it is, can we get a pic of the bottom side?

Great job, I'm sure everyone owning one of these tank is getting one.

:), to late though, breaking tank down this weekend and gutting it.

Is the bottom side notched? Kinda hard to see. I assume it is, can we get a pic of the bottom side?

Great job, I'm sure everyone owning one of these tank is getting one.

It is notched and laser cut just like this, only on a wider body.

d0d558c77c32413976ee5c92b01a21b7.jpg

Very Nice! What are the finalized over all dimensions? I need to make a cardboard version so I can test fit and see if I can get it into the tank without moving my light.

Should be soon, but I don't have any more updates other than the basket is done and thd water director is being developed.

Should be soon, but I don't have any more updates other than the basket is done and thd water director is being developed.

Figured, but still had to ask.

How much would you pay? I have a pretty good idea of per unit cost. It's a lot of acrylic and laser cut holes And super awesome and you will love it long time.

That's a good question... I don't really have much experience dealing with acrylic and such. I've been planning around $100 so as long as I don't have to get a loan for a whole lot more than that I'll be the first to buy!

Also Steve... do you have piktures or examples of what you/others would put in each chamber?

Oh it will be under one hundo

this chamber is sooooooo wide. I have no idea what CAD was thinking. You could put every media we sell in the thing and still have room for more.

Under $100....sweet! I was thinking it might end up being more due to how much material since it is a wide a$$...lol

What would be the easiest way to use it as a fuge for some cheato. You guys used to sell some kind of submersible light for this purpose, but it looks like its out of stock. Is this just temporary or is that light discontinued? Do you have any other suggestions for an easy and cheap way to light up the bottom chamber of the basket for some cheato?

Under $100....sweet! I was thinking it might end up being more due to how much material since it is a wide a$$...lol

What would be the easiest way to use it as a fuge for some cheato. You guys used to sell some kind of submersible light for this purpose, but it looks like its out of stock. Is this just temporary or is that light discontinued? Do you have any other suggestions for an easy and cheap way to light up the bottom chamber of the basket for some cheato?

Double the material doesn't necessarily double the cost. It's more about laser time and how long it takes to build so it's about the same as larger baskets we already produce. Time is more valuable than the acrylic.

If you wanted to use the basket for chaeto, remove the middle shelf and have a ton of it in there. Or you could just use one of the lower shelves for chaeto, but the more the better. I can see also creating a fuge in the chamber next to the basket, depends on what you are using that for already though.

We still don't have a date on those lights. The manufacture is waiting for a production date they can get to produce more from whatever factory in China that happens at. I was expecting them back in around March but that has long passed and they still are waiting.

There are other underwater lights out there, but from our past experiences they like to leak. These have been the best over the years, yet the others say like from Alpine may have fixed their bad construction.

You can always light it from behind as well from a cheap desktop light from a hardware store.

• 3 weeks later...

Our production list usually has 6-10 items on it but this was just put on. The water director still has to get looked at but the jig for the basket should be done next week and when it comes to it's turn this will be built :)

Archived