SaltCritters.com

NEED a Cadlights 34 gallon mini basket.

Ecospire

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if another basket would work for our tank? One that in tank makes that might not be perfect… I'm needing to start putting some media in rather than the sponges that came with the tank.

Imo the overflow needs some sort of flow director for a media basket. Something that just hooks the teeth on the overflow and directs the flow in towards the first chamber or a snug fitting basket with a 45° angle on the backwall side to allow the water to flow into the center of the first chamber instead of just down the backwall.

Imo the overflow needs some sort of flow director for a media basket. Something that just hooks the teeth on the overflow and directs the flow in towards the first chamber or a snug fitting basket with a 45° angle on the backwall side to allow the water to flow into the center of the first chamber instead of just down the backwall.

Yep. We make something very similar for the Rimless Nano Cubes and will incorporate that into the baskets for the CAD tanks.

I recently ordered a Cadlights 34 gallon tank, was doing some more research, and saw this thread. I just wanted to say I will be eagerly awaiting the availability of this basket.

I agree about the cad lights media rack. I will definitely be getting the 34 tank in the near future. The first thing I did was rush over to inTanks site when I made my decision. But all in good time inTank will deliver it and it'll be worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve... how long does your research and development usually take for a new basket?

I'm not asking because I desperately want/need one for my Cad... but I am jut very curious how long on average your process takes.

Hey Steve... how long does your research and development usually take for a new basket?

I'm not asking because I desperately want/need one for my Cad... but I am jut very curious how long on average your process takes.

2-3 weeks on average

But that is once it gets looked at. There are 2 other projects finishing up now, then another one to look at next week ( I hope) then these. Plus the holidays and the busy season.

There is no time frame and we don't put one not to rush out product and have it suck. Too many variables. When a protoype is ready I will post a pic here.

2-3 weeks on average

But that is once it gets looked at. There are 2 other projects finishing up now, then another one to look at next week ( I hope) then these. Plus the holidays and the busy season.

There is no time frame and we don't put one not to rush out product and have it suck. Too many variables. When a protoype is ready I will post a pic here.

If you're looking for a beta tester, drop me a line!

• 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

In other words, don't expect anything soon because the cad lights project is going to keep getting pushed back on that priority list...

They seem to be moving... I think they finished up the two projects Steve was talking about with the Floss holders for the IM 30 &40 so it sounds like they'll be moving on to us pretty soon!

SouthFlorida_Tron

I wouldn't hold my breath. I'll be surprised to see anything before spring. It's been put aside this long, while the larger companies are having their products catered to.

I think the flow director is important. It might even need to be something that is superglued on, because it does just flow right down the wall. Even hooked on, a lot would slip inbetween unless it had some kind of stickiness to it...

If you perametly attach it you can't remove the basket. Plus that involves work which some can't or want to do. We haven't had issues with our other similar pieces in the past but I will keep it in mind when the cad 34 basket goes into design next week. It's longer but water rushes over that at it's fastest point.

If I could spit these out faster I would. There are a lot of variables from design to laser time to normal production to getting my designer motivated to will this tank flop that are out of our control and a lot on the list to get to.

If you see us post a pic of an empty tank it's a great sign. You are in front of the newer red sea max c series international distributed tanks so that's about the best spot in line to be.

Archived