Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brandon's 20g Custom AIO Cube: Tons of New SPS Goodies :D

bpounds1991

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bpounds1991

If I change the water height it doesn't reach anywhere near the collection cup, I plan on giving it another couple weeks and maybe ditching it :/

The cadlights pipeless skimmers need a loooong break in.

Because of the design, they need to build up a bacteria seal. Once it does the bubbles stop. Mine took like 2 weeks and didn't fully break in until the tank was on its way. You will be fine.

bpounds1991

I noticed a ton of water was coming out of where the body meets the bottom plate seal, so I superglued that with a light layer to see if that could fix the flow (when I first got it) and it did but now I'm just stuck with the bubbles haha

It was bought used on here

Hopefully the glue didn't mess anything up. They just take time to break in. It's a bacterial seal that's locks it all up.

bpounds1991

On a better note, ammonia is already back up to 1.0 ppm and nitrites are back to .25 ppm in just a matter of a few days

bpounds1991

So last night was almost a complete disaster for the tank/apartment. Girlfriend wakes me up at 3:00am telling me "your tank is making a weird noise"... I pop up and the Auto Aqua Smart ATO (only installed for like 5 hours) is overflowing the back of the tank. Luckily I caught it as about 1/4 gallon had spilled but it managed to wet the electrical outlets and start smoking, so now I have two fans ferociously drying under there as best as I can.

I guess that ATO not so smart...but it happened to me with Tunze Nano too. That's why my reservoir is small, and I have to refill it daily. Imagine if you have corals in there and your salinity kept dropping and dropping....

bpounds1991

Cycle is about halfway through according to the test kits..ammonia was very high now has slightly lowered, nitrites on the rise as well as the nitrates! Plan on going to the LFS next week to get it tested again just to double check before I go ham on a CUC

bpounds1991

I'd love to take a new FTS but it looks the same since I've been waiting 3 weeks for a piece to mount my light :/

bpounds1991

Well now that I got a couple weeks to decide on the corals and the aquascape is FINALLY complete, what are you guys thinking for coral selection?! :):lol: I'm a big LPS/SPS kinda guy and I'm definitely feeling an acan island as well as a mushroom island, perhaps with a xenia/frogspawn island as well and leaving the sps to the big structure in the back right? I love zoas and their colors but I'm not sure I can deal with how much they spread like weeds...I've dealt with them before and literally took the entire rock to boiling hot water with a razor blade to get rid of some of the nuisance/unsightly ones (yeah I'm a killer shhh :P )

I love the LPS. I love my branching hammer and torch. It's fun to watch the flow. I also have a Neon Clove I love but it grows too fast. I don't want to aid in premeditated murder. :D

bpounds1991

I found a local guy on CL who has some acans for sale at 10$/head, I think I may take him up on that as soon as the tank is cycled which I'm hoping should be by the end of this week if not the middle of next week *fingers crossed*

Sweet tank!

I'm getting mine built by AA too. Hopefully by the end of next week. It's quite a bit bigger though. 36x20x15. Rear compartments are based on IM 24/30l design.

Archived