Cultivated Reef

Brandon's 20g Custom AIO Cube: Tons of New SPS Goodies :D

bpounds1991

bpounds1991

The only problems I've ever heard are delayed shipping times and communication issues, but those forum posts were dated over three years ago!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only problems I've ever heard are delayed shipping times and communication issues, but those forum posts were dated over three years ago!

thanks for the heads up on that. How did you do the custom order....just by using their contact form?

bpounds1991

Believe this is what the final product is gonna be... +/- the small cave on the front right side but hey I even got islands AND caves involved lol

6FEEDF64-A211-4F30-B6DE-465A71F7BCC1_zps

Scape is looking much cleaner; hopefully you're looking into alternatives to placing your tank on a different foundation, or anything other than that eyesore of a carpet covered one- sorry if that sounded harsh.. just my opinion.

bpounds1991

Perhaps I could find something to put over it, it just happens to make a perfect tank stand in which I don't have much area in my room for a tank or additional $$ right now to buy/build an additional stand.

You said the left side can be modified a little bit, please elaborate because I am all ears....my girlfriend has been the recipient of about 20 different aquascape pictures in which she told me she prefers the islands more..but in a tank as small as a 19 gallon it either looks extremely linear or just out of place, especially when the viewing is only three sided.

bpounds1991

After about 30 different aquascape tries in the last 2 days I think I'm gonna have to stick with what I truly like and go with this one!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/joker577/media/Newest%20Tank/BC9D5458-963C-4A11-B80C-08CB41BBE9C6_zpsirhwwt4w.jpg.html'>BC9D5458-963C-4A11-B80C-08CB41BBE9C6_zps

And as you can see Box...hard to justify buying a new stand when I already have a free one (minus slightly distasteful carpet)

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/joker577/media/Newest%20Tank/5BFE64DB-86D0-4184-A94E-24DC9EB24EF9_zpsqadtk62q.jpg.html'>5BFE64DB-86D0-4184-A94E-24DC9EB24EF9_zps

You have the space to put a huge cube in there ;) !

So you are not going with CadLight at all ?

I am really thinking of ordering the CAdlight mini 18g....

bpounds1991

I can't stand the look of tall cubes, so little coral real estate. With this custom build I get the best of both worlds with coral placement options and open swimming area for fish. I also like acrylic better than glass...as long as I can avoid scratching it :happy:

at the end of the day, pick the scape that speaks to YOU. You are the one staring at it everyday =P. I like the islands cuz that's more my style, but I do think the wall allows more space to put corals.

bpounds1991

Honestly I do like the islands as well, but when you sit back and say "well my tank is only the entire size of the towel" it kind of takes away from the effect of islands...more just looks like 3 stacks of rocks right next to each other.

Who knows, once I get the tank I may just make a new aquascape and ditch all 1049 ideas I've already tried B)

Really like what you have going on with this tank. Thats scape looks great. keep it coming im following along.

bpounds1991

Thanks Gt! Talked to John from Advanced Acrylics, he said the tank is halfway through and will be shipping out by Friday, so I should expect it mid-end of next week.

NorthGaHillbilly

Scape looks great. Do you own or rent, if own you could rip out that carpet and tile it in an afternoon. Itd be a REAL simple project with alittle youtube

NorthGaHillbilly

Unfortunately I rent!

Same boat, gatta get a wedding out of the way and Ill be spending some of the money saved on a pretty extreme tank upgrade!

bpounds1991

My grad school paychecks are rather small so I've bought only necessities or things at less than store cost at this point! Btw guys, thank you for all the follows and posts..I truly appreciate you guys' input throughout this process and I hope to not disappoint when the tank finally comes in!

Archived