SaltCritters.com

5G Custom Pico

Miguel Burguete

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miguel Burguete

Don't over complicate it. In the end it's only light and money lol

I have thought about adding one or two more bulbs. The problem with LEDs is the price of them here in Portugal. You guys have a lot of nice prices for led strips.

In this fixture I can add one more bulb easy.

If we look at the portion of Watt per gallon I have more than you in your new tank! So do you think I is worth to add two more bulbs?

If its that easy for you to add 1-2 more bulbs,I'd just do that and call it a day. You'll have more than enough light over yout tank. And the whole watts per gallon,eh. How,he has I believe either the 4 or 6 bulb ATI fixture. With led's you cany really do watts per gallon,that rule kinda go out the window lol.

Miguel Burguete

If its that easy for you to add 1-2 more bulbs,I'd just do that and call it a day. You'll have more than enough light over yout tank. And the whole watts per gallon,eh. How,he has I believe either the 4 or 6 bulb ATI fixture. With led's you cany really do watts per gallon,that rule kinda go out the window lol.

I know that Led's watts cant be measured as T5 bulbs. I think he is using the 4x24W. And his display is way bigger than mine!

I may start adding one more B+ and If needed the other C+.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Stay with the T5... the cool thing about adding one extra bulb is being able to explore new bulb combinations, albeit, 3 bulb combos are rare and usually its 4, 6, and 8 etc....

But this way you could do the Coral+ Blue+ then add an Actinic+ and really get some nice pop!

Miguel Burguete

Shooting in RAW mode and using photoshop lightroom to edit will help with any color or white balance issues.

Thanks. I do not have FS but maybe I will!

Are you using a polarizer?

Nop! Just the camera with an 18mm-55mm.

Regardless of it being dark,it looks really really good. Can't go wrong with eagle eyes and radioactives !! Love the red shroom in the background.

Miguel Burguete

Regardless of it being dark,it looks really really good. Can't go wrong with eagle eyes and radioactives !! Love the red shroom in the background.

Thanks!!

But sometime it is quite frustrating to cannot show to others what you really sea!

I believe that more people would enjoy this pico with better photos.

I know what you mean. It is annoying when your tank looks different or more drab online than in real life. You can download a free trial for lightroom if you just want to try it.

Miguel Burguete

I know what you mean. It is annoying when your tank looks different or more drab online than in real life. You can download a free trial for lightroom if you just want to try it.

I will!

Hi Miguel,

Love your tank, one of this days we have to arrange and i will provide a copy of lightroom and some hints on camera settings and post edit.

I catch up later on whatsapp.

keep up, nice job as always.

abraço

• 2 weeks later...
Miguel Burguete

Nice goodies man !!! Any updates on the tank ?!

Not much! I about to go for a 1 month trip around Europe so I'm preparing everything for my family to keep it alive!! That's one of the reasons why i bought the dosing pump! to keep alkalinity.

• 1 month later...

Archived