SaltCritters.com

5G Custom Pico

Miguel Burguete

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A NB light would look amazing over this tank. Or a nicely thought out DIY light. Either way,it'll look awesome. Shoot,it even looks stellar now man. Keep it up.

Miguel Burguete

It would be a good investment,be able to be used on numerous upgrades ( tank wise ). Is it the blue version ?

Yes, the Sol Blue. Can you tel me the difference between them?

maybe this tank needs a nano box ;)

I thought about it, but I´m from Portugal so it would be the $350 plus shipping that is also not cheap.. I would love to have one! Maybe after college during my first job..

Beautiful tank Miguel!

Tanks!!

The Sol Blue has 1x cool white, 1x cool blue and 1x royal blue on each puck,while the Sol White has 2x cool white and 1x royal blue on each puck.

From what I've seen most people pick the Sol Blue over the white version but it all depends on if you like a more overall blue look ( which most people do ). Although blues and whites are able to be independtly controlled,the white version isn't as blue but I'm sure will get pretty blue. But I can't really speak on it because I've never been hands on with of the Sol's nor any AI light in general.

• 2 weeks later...
Miguel Burguete

Tank is doing good but my alc keeps falling..

I have to buy some additives for it!

New acan! First of my life!

Photo_30_05_14_20_54_03.jpg
Miguel Burguete

Just got new LED´s.

I'm now using a diy hybrid fixture! One ATI BluePlus and one TMC 600 half blue half white!

Pics soon!

Miguel Burguete

Nice man,what're the complete specs on the light ?!

It is the

• AquaBeam 600 Ultima - Reef White - 4x White, 4x Blue

Plus a 24W T5 ATI Blue+

Looks like the new light is complementing the tank quite well !!! I know that AquaBeam was not cheap,I was looking into them quite some time ago but decided not to try them out,just too costly for what it was and you can make a fixture double the size for the same price.

Everything is looking awesome,keep up the good work !!!

Miguel Burguete

Looks like the new light is complementing the tank quite well !!! I know that AquaBeam was not cheap,I was looking into them quite some time ago but decided not to try them out,just too costly for what it was and you can make a fixture double the size for the same price.

Everything is looking awesome,keep up the good work !!!

It is very expensive for the results but these were almost new from a guy and I bought it for 35$. The problem with diy for me is that we don't have so many good shops like you you do in the US. And to buy from rapidled or other American shop is expensive to Portugal because of taxes!

I also like the combination between T5 lamp and TMC led's!

Thanks! I want to see live stock in you 7G!!

It is very expensive for the results but these were almost new from a guy and I bought it for 35$. The problem with diy for me is that we don't have so many good shops like you you do in the US. And to buy from rapidled or other American shop is expensive to Portugal because of taxes!

I also like the combination between T5 lamp and TMC led's!

Thanks! I want to see live stock in you 7G!!

I can only imagine,it's probably is almost half the cost just in taxes to get it to you. Which sucks. It looks good regardless man.

Hahaha,soon...very soon. I hope at least lol. Once I'm able to keep things it's going to be zoa and acan heaven. Then eventually sps to the brim,so it'll be fun.

Miguel Burguete

I can only imagine,it's probably is almost half the cost just in taxes to get it to you. Which sucks. It looks good regardless man.

Hahaha,soon...very soon. I hope at least lol. Once I'm able to keep things it's going to be zoa and acan heaven. Then eventually sps to the brim,so it'll be fun.

I'm turning also to zoa and acans to! they have beautiful colours and are easy to keep in nano and pico tanks.

My experience tells me to try sps when I have the money to invest in something bigger and with the right equipment, skimmer pumps sump ect!

But from what I can afford now I will try to keep these nano for at least one year! it is one of the objectives that I never accomplished. My problem is that i feel distracted with hardware instead of livestock! But for now I believe that I have the right hardware to keep this for a long time!

Honestly,the key to keep your nano running for years is close to or 100% water changes,keep up on keeping your media clean and algae down. That's about it. If you want to keep sps in this tank,do 75% or more water changes and good strong flow and ample lighting,stable water conditions and you'll be good to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Miguel Burguete

Few changes over here.

I was not dealing good with so much alkalinity drops dailly. I have sold the Stylophora Milka and the Pocillopora. I have focused mostly on soft's and lps for now on.

I started using Deltec kalkwaser on the ATO.

Next weekend I will get a green Mini Carpet Anemone from my lfs.

Also looking for new acans and mora zoas!!

Miguel Burguete

Any updated pics? I love that light

I'l try tomorrow with both lights on! Also considering to add another TMC 600 ultimas all blue. Total Hybrid 1 T5 Blue+ and 2 TMC ultima Led's!

Lets wait!

Archived