Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

5G Custom Pico

Miguel Burguete

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already have the balling alk powder but don't know the amount needed for each gallon of tap water.

I have to use one reef calculator to find it out and test the effects on my tank.

Tap water you say ? No buennnnno !!! Have you thought about using distilled water instead ?

Miguel Burguete

Tap water you say ? No buennnnno !!! Have you thought about using distilled water instead ?

You are right, I´m using distilled water. My bad.

This week I will add one more lamp, I will be using one Coral+ and a Blue+ from ATI. I will use two different ballasts to use them separately so I can use more hours of the Blue+ and only a few of total (48 watt). I believe the spectrum will be much nicer!

Miguel Burguete
New Duncanopsammia axifuga:

I´m waiting to my nem ballast to start using two lamps and a better spectrum and corals colours.

I´m also looking for a all in one product do dose regularly just to keep things stable between WC´s. Does anyone uses something like that?

For now I will not add more sps´s, only softs and lps´s. And maybe after summer a few small fishes.

Miguel Burguete

Nice looking tank. Did you build it?

Tanks!

No, it was ordered in a shop near me, I designed it and they built. Is is really cheap and well made.

Miguel

Tanks!

No, it was ordered in a shop near me, I designed it and they built. Is is really cheap and well made.

Miguel

That's awesome! I priced out basically

this exact tank when I was looking to start my tank and it was between $200 and $300 so I went with my Mr Aqua 6 gallon long. I love my tank but really dig the AIO aspect of yours. It looks great keep it up.

Miguel Burguete

That's awesome! I priced out basically

this exact tank when I was looking to start my tank and it was between $200 and $300 so I went with my Mr Aqua 6 gallon long. I love my tank but really dig the AIO aspect of yours. It looks great keep it up.

This one custom made was $35.. It is glass with a black pvc wall to hide the heater and pump..

frankdontsurf

This one custom made was $35.. It is glass with an black pvc to hide the heater and pump..

Where are you located?

treborzelev

FTS 04/12/14

IMG_0503.jpg

I´m about to build a new pico,

Budget is limited, otherwise I would certainly buy a small ADA tank and a NanoBox led fixture.

So I ordered a custom tank, 23.6 in long so I can use one T5 lamp, the only cheap lamps that guaranty me quality for any kind of livestock. I will use one CoralPlus giving me the blue full spectrum that I love.

Tank:

23.6 in Long

9.8 in Large

7.9 in High

Light:

One 24W T5 ATI CoralPlus Lamp (24w for 5 gal)

Circulation:

NewJet 800

211 gal per hour it is hide behind the false wall maybe I will need to limit it

Heater:

100 W Newatt

I´m thinking about start with new dry rock but use my mature rock behind the false wall. It gives me more filtration!

image.jpg

DAMN I like this tank!

Miguel Burguete

My purple stylophora milka :

I can not get the right settings for my Canon 400D, it is a bit old but if I knew how to shoot I could get better colours. The Stylo is so much purple..

And for the full tank shot is even more difficult to get the colours of it.

I added a new lamp a Blue+ from ati.

Miguel.
  • 2 weeks later...
Miguel Burguete

New Shots

Full:

Trying to create a Zoa garden on the sand:
Milka, it have been growing slow:
My future objectives for this pico it to KEET IT for long time!!
- Get a automatic doser for Alk and Cal to be able to have a few more sps maybe..
- Wait to be able to have a Mandarin fish as a single fish of the tank
- Change for LED diy fixture
One random:

Looking good man,that stylo is awesome. If you're going to get a doser to just dose alk you Might as well just get a triple doser and dose calc,mag and alk. Little more expensive but just a thought. Or just skip the doser and do 75% water changes and save the money for coral,also just a thought.

Miguel Burguete

Looking good man,that stylo is awesome. If you're going to get a doser to just dose alk you Might as well just get a triple doser and dose calc,mag and alk. Little more expensive but just a thought. Or just skip the doser and do 75% water changes and save the money for coral,also just a thought.

Yeh! I know that the doser is really expensive.. And lots of people maintain great nanos without it!

Today great opportunity came out; One used AI SOL with controller!! At a good price! Maybe is my shot to finally change for LED..

THERE YA GO !!! Spend the money on the light and not the doser lol. If you hang it high enough you'll have awesome coverage and a good amount of light. I wish I could afford one,I'm actually thinking about changing the lay out of my light when I have the funds !!

Miguel Burguete

THERE YA GO !!! Spend the money on the light and not the doser lol. If you hang it high enough you'll have awesome coverage and a good amount of light. I wish I could afford one,I'm actually thinking about changing the lay out of my light when I have the funds !!

I do not have it too. But it´s for about $300 with controller.. Dont know.. But it is an investment for this and maybe for the next tank!! and a few years from now I´m able to order the hydra kit to upgrade it

I do not have it too. But it´s for about $300 with controller.. Dont know.. But it is an investment for this and maybe for the next tank!! and a few years from now I´m able to order the hydra kit to upgrade it

It would be a good investment,be able to be used on numerous upgrades ( tank wise ). Is it the blue version ?

Archived