SaltCritters.com

wp-10 amazon $56

05XRunner

I picked up two and have a fun project with these little guys. Excited to see how these little guys work.

Possibly see if we can hack them to work with Storm or Bluefish controllers. :D

-Dave

It'd be pretty cool if it worked with the Storm controller!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I order yesterday, should be getting it tomorrow for my 20 long. This will put Jaebo pumps in every one of my tanks. :) It comes with the fixed voltage power supply so hopefully W1 af power 3 will be gentle enough.

biocubedatx

just got my wp-10 today. Replaced my 2 nano 425's and it works great. Cant hear it either

I'm thinking about doing this in my neo-nano. How do they compare size wise to the 425? Anything wider than the 425 and it won't fit.

I'm thinking about doing this in my neo-nano. How do they compare size wise to the 425? Anything wider than the 425 and it won't fit.

A little smaller actually. I posted a side by side pic in the "did anyone get their hands on a Wp-10 yet" thread.

yea what nocturnal said, they are a little smaller so you should be good

So you guys seriously can't hear yours? Even in a quiet room with nothing on?

Makes me wonder if I got a dud. Although noise irritates me more than most people. It is not bad by any measure but it is definitely not silent like my koralia power head.

My first wp-10 I got was the same way it wasn't ridiculously loud but it was still irritating so I sent it back and ordered another. I got the second one from fish-street.com and it's basically silent.(and the one from fishtreet had the night sensor on the controller)

My first wp-10 I got was the same way it wasn't ridiculously loud but it was still irritating so I sent it back and ordered another. I got the second one from fish-street.com and it's basically silent.(and the one from fishtreet had the night sensor on the controller)

My first one came from them, but even at the higher price now on Amazon it's a wash because of the free prime shipping. I really wanted a WP25 for my 40breeder but having a quieter cube (and by extension happier wife) may be worth it.

I think I'm going to return mine. There is nothing wrong with it, however I can't seem to find a good spot to place it in my BioCube. My trumpets have not been happy since I put it in, and everywhere I place it, it wants to kick up my gravel and create a mountain. The pump is the only thing I have done/added to the tank so that is why I am attributing that to my unhappy trumpets.

So you guys seriously can't hear yours? Even in a quiet room with nothing on?

Makes me wonder if I got a dud. Although noise irritates me more than most people. It is not bad by any measure but it is definitely not silent like my koralia power head.

I can hear mine, it's annoying.

How long did the shipping from fish street take? Looks like they ship from Hong Kong.

I ended up returning mine because of the noise. Gonna give it another go though, the performance and price really impressed me.

kriskristofferzen

I ordered from amazon on Monday.shipping was a little over 5 bucks. I live in southeast PA, I got my wp10 today! It is tiny! More to come. Looks like it shipped from Illinois.

How long did the shipping from fish street take? Looks like they ship from Hong Kong.

I ended up returning mine because of the noise. Gonna give it another go though, the performance and price really impressed me.

pretty fast, I wanna say 1.5 weeks

It took like a little less than a week, it would of been faster but i ordered on like a friday so the weekend slowed it down.

I ordered mine Monday, along with some Acro Power (Amazon) and it arrived today. Now in my 20, W1, S2 power, wirr wirr wirr. Sounds a little louder than my WP25's did when new but it appears to be mostly vibration from the rotor. I expect it will quiet down in a week. Not as loud as my MP10 in wave mode. :)

I think I'm going to return mine. There is nothing wrong with it, however I can't seem to find a good spot to place it in my BioCube. My trumpets have not been happy since I put it in, and everywhere I place it, it wants to kick up my gravel and create a mountain. The pump is the only thing I have done/added to the tank so that is why I am attributing that to my unhappy trumpets.

Why not just get a 12v power supply for it like they do with the WP-25 when it's too much? That will cut the flow rate in half, but you still get to keep all the different modes.

I am actually thinking of grabbing a WP-10 for a coral quarantine system (10 gallon). Might upgrade that idea to a 15 gallon depending on how much this little pump kicks.

are you guys leaving your tanks on wave mode all the time? just wondering if its good, bad or indifferent to do that?

Mine is on W1 all the time. The way the water in my tank moves I'm getting a good result with that. Else mode is popular but to me a nice back and forth wave is very natural looking and can't be any less beneficial for the corals.

Mine is on W1 all the time. The way the water in my tank moves I'm getting a good result with that. Else mode is popular but to me a nice back and forth wave is very natural looking and can't be any less beneficial for the corals.

cool thanks! figured thats how it really is in the ocean so it cant be bad. And it looks so much better with a wave!

I'm still debating on which is better for my tank, W1 or Else. Can't decide, it appears that the corals get more movement in W1 mode. They look happy either way but I kinda like the wave look going on in the tank.

In real reefs I think it depends on where the coral is located. Some places definitely have just a back and forth wave, while others will have that more chaotic else mode style.

Why not just get a 12v power supply for it like they do with the WP-25 when it's too much? That will cut the flow rate in half, but you still get to keep all the different modes.

Where can I get a 12v power supply? I'll give it a try.

Archived