Cultivated Reef

wp-10 amazon $56

05XRunner

ahh im still debating on whether i need two wp10's for my 46bowfront or one wp25 (i would prefer one wp25 as that would ultimately be cheaper, but do you guys think this would be too powerful? even on a lower setting?)

thanks.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think WP25 would be fine in a 46. It was only SLIGHTLY too much in my 30 gallon on the lowest setting.

Two WP10's may give more random flow though. I'm planning on getting a second for my 30 gallon to get a bit more flow.

I think you'll be fine with a wp-25. I got a wp-10 in my 40 breeder hoping to get rid of my koralia 600, but I ended up keeping both because while it is powerful, i didn't feel like it wasn't enough for full coverage. I ended up wishing I went with a 25.

would a wp-10 be enough for a 20L? i currently have 2 koralia nano 425's which is doing good but i like the "wave effect" the wp-10 gives.

and is it even worth it for me or just stick with what i got?

duncan-junkie

You might need 2 wp10's for more random flow, but with one wp10, you'll get an awesome wave. I would go with 2 wp10's if you have sps. I have one wp10 in my BC29, and its great.....but it could be better. These are great little pumps!!!

This is a sweet ass deal if I didn't want a twin controller to run two of them which is an even sweeter deal.

I'm sure we'll be seeing the price come down permanently in time.

I'm going to grab one of those also. Hopefully it pops up cheap on amazon so I don't have to order from China.

cool thanks guys. i will just keep one of my nanos in case i need more flow. Buying now!

edit...am i crazy or is the wp-25 the same price? shouldnt me and the rest of us get the 25?

http://www.amazon.com/Jebao-WP-25-Wavemaker-Controller-800gph-2000gph/dp/B00ED47MHI/ref=pd_luc_sim_01_01_t_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unless you want really high flow I think a 25 is possibly too much for a 20L. The wp-10 puts out over a thousand GPH and in a 20L will really get a solid wave going. Depends on what other movement you have in your tank I'd say.

FWIW in my 29 cube I have the Wp-10 set at max wave plus the return pump and a Koralia 425.

I just got my wp10 today. Neat little pump, very small but really blasts the water. Though my question is, when you guys say that they are "silent" or "dead silent", does that mean you cannot hear them at all? Because in a quiet room, with the pump going in a bucket I can hear the thing clear across the room. Its a sorta buzzing, but more rdrdrdrdrd noise, its not super super loud, but its very noticeable in a quiet room. Should I send it back and see if I can get a quieter one, or is that typical?

Mine is quiet, but on wave or "else (reef crest)" mode, you can hear it pulse. I usually don't notice it and I sit about 4 feet away from the tank.

awesome, thanks for your inputs. Looks like i will be a owner of a wp25 :) I just found out about a small local buisness run out of their house whom carries the jebao pumps along with some other chinese and japanese products that aren't readily available in canada. They also have some live stock so i'm excited to see the set up they have as i would really like to move away from buying livestock from my lfs

cool thanks guys. i will just keep one of my nanos in case i need more flow. Buying now!

edit...am i crazy or is the wp-25 the same price? shouldnt me and the rest of us get the 25?

http://www.amazon.com/Jebao-WP-25-Wavemaker-Controller-800gph-2000gph/dp/B00ED47MHI/ref=pd_luc_sim_01_01_t_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wp25 footprint is HUGE compared to the wp10. I had the Wp25 and got rid of it, way too big and way too strong.

I just got my wp10 today. Neat little pump, very small but really blasts the water. Though my question is, when you guys say that they are "silent" or "dead silent", does that mean you cannot hear them at all? Because in a quiet room, with the pump going in a bucket I can hear the thing clear across the room. Its a sorta buzzing, but more rdrdrdrdrd noise, its not super super loud, but its very noticeable in a quiet room. Should I send it back and see if I can get a quieter one, or is that typical?

Probably because you have it in a bucket and it isn't mounted securely in there (curved sides). I could hear mine a little at first, a faint brr...brr...brr...brr..., but now that it has a film layer building on it I don't hear it at all. I'm about five feet from it for hours a day and I don't hear it, even though it's cranked up all the way.

Here's mine in the hex (thanks again Tamberave :D )

Wp25 footprint is HUGE compared to the wp10. I had the Wp25 and got rid of it, way too big and way too strong.

yea i read that after i asked but thanks. I ordered the wp-10, i cant wait for it.

random question- do people with non rimless tanks and wp-10's lower the water level so you can see the top of the water and the wave? i saw a vid like that but i dont wanna keep it that low.

this little pump is gonna make me completely change my tank lol

Mine came in over a week ago, but I just finished my 29g to 40B gorgonian tank upgrade, so I only just started using it 2 nights ago - it is being used in conjunction with a Koralia Nano 425 and my Rio 6HF return (~300gph), and there is plenty of flow for the gorgs in the new 40B (quick build thread to come)...

I too had a very noisy first night, and when I got home form work the next day the wife was waiting for me as it drove her crazy the entire day. I simply took it apart, checked for any damage, and put it back together - now there is zero noise, and I mean ZERO! Pretty impressive for such a cheap little pump - I have it in the back left lower corner opposite the return and Nano 425 over on the right back corner, and the gorgs are moving all over the place... omgomgomg

Legendary Corals

Just got two for a little side frag tank (about 15 gallons). I'm very impressed and happy with them! I can't read Chinese so not too sure what setting to put them on. But I'm pretty happy with the random one I chose... LOL

Probably because you have it in a bucket and it isn't mounted securely in there (curved sides). I could hear mine a little at first, a faint brr...brr...brr...brr..., but now that it has a film layer building on it I don't hear it at all. I'm about five feet from it for hours a day and I don't hear it, even though it's cranked up all the way.

Here's mine in the hex (thanks again Tamberave :D )

Well since the tank its for isn't done, I just filled one up and put it on it. Same noise, just as loud (as far as I can tell). I've taken it apart a couple times but everything seems fine inside it. So... do I just have a noisy one, or will it quiet down?

I also found mind to quiet down a bit just by taking it apart and putting it back together. I have no idea why that is but it worked. Honestly I don't really hear it at all unless it is cranked up. I run mine on else mode s3 so the time intervals which it is at full power is only once in a while. It's nothing that is going to drive you crazy tho, at least compared to the noise most skimmers make

I can hear mine hum when set to max wave, but it is tolerable. Quieter than my return pump for sure. I may try to take it apart and see if that helps.

Just got the two I ordered fired up in the 30g cube I'm restarting, and I can't hear either of them, regardless of the setting.

Archived