Coral Vue Hydros

wp-10 amazon $56

05XRunner

For those folks who have a WP10 and a 29G Biocube, where are you placing the WP?

Middle of left side (return side) , 2/3 up. Seems to give me a lot of swirl up high and lower flow down below.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jnguyen5820

Just got the a couple of days ago for my 5.5 gallon and it works great on the lowest setting at W1. Too bad it doesn't have the little night sensor thingy.

duncan-junkie

For those folks who have a WP10 and a 29G Biocube, where are you placing the WP?

Mine is on the back wall, under the return lines. I get pretty good water movement, and my mille loves it! Prob gonna get a 2nd one, just for more random flow. If you dont have sps though, I think one wp10 would work just fine

Curious, where did you guys get yours? I am looking for a US seller.

I bough mine off amazon from powerstation 777. It was like $61 shipped. Best deal I could find

Thanks for the input folks. I ordered one on Friday 3/21 from Amazon and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow 3/24. I was planning on putting it on the left side under the return line and after seeing your posts it just confirms that is where I'll place it. I'll be sure to get some pics of my setup later this week.

So you guys seriously can't hear yours? Even in a quiet room with nothing on?

Makes me wonder if I got a dud. Although noise irritates me more than most people. It is not bad by any measure but it is definitely not silent like my koralia power head.

Curious, where did you guys get yours? I am looking for a US seller.

Amazon.com is the easiest at this point, but they have gone up a few $$$ since this thread started... :(

Makes me wonder if I got a dud. Although noise irritates me more than most people. It is not bad by any measure but it is definitely not silent like my koralia power head.

Mine was noisy until I took it apart to check it - if you cannot get it to quiet down after taking it apart, I would send it back... ;)

Just a little brr.brr.brr at first. Now I can't hear it unless I put my head right against the tank.

Amazon.com is the easiest at this point, but they have gone up a few $$$ since this thread started... :(

Mine was noisy until I took it apart to check it - if you cannot get it to quiet down after taking it apart, I would send it back... ;)

Only problem with buying from China.

I'll try and take it apart again. Perhaps it's just an imbalance in the propeller blade. Worst case I'll get a new one and throw this on my frag tank.

w00t! Mine is being delivered today. I can't wait to test it out. I did order mine from eBay for 63.95 shipped. Bought it on Thursday and it was delivered today.

Only problem with buying from China.

I'll try and take it apart again. Perhaps it's just an imbalance in the propeller blade. Worst case I'll get a new one and throw this on my frag tank.

Yup, that is why I bought from Amazon... ;)

Sorry though, and I hope you can figure something out... :)

OK, I just got mine delivered via UPS 2 days after ordering from Amazon. Testing here at work on my office tank, 14g BC but I plan on putting it in my 29g BC at home, I can hear it quite easily. I have taken it apart but is still makes noise. I have seen a few posts where people have taken them apart, but are you taking it apart completely, including the back cover?

Just run it for a week or so, let it get some gunk on the parts. My wp25's, all three of them, made some noise until broken in and now are silent, even after a good cleaning.

One of the negatives to the WP25, and I assume the WP10, is the amount of play in the rotor. This will slowly fill with slime and the performance will drop until cleaned. I think this is also related to noise. When the parts are all new and still contain residue from manufacturing they tend to make noise.

Usually just popping off the front, removing the rotor and wiping it off, then replacing is enough to being it back up to near full power. Once every couple of months I remove the entire pump and give it a good cleaning.

I would not be concerned about noise unless it's still making it after 2 or 3 weeks of use.

Just run it for a week or so, let it get some gunk on the parts. My wp25's, all three of them, made some noise until broken in and now are silent, even after a good cleaning.

One of the negatives to the WP25, and I assume the WP10, is the amount of play in the rotor. This will slowly fill with slime and the performance will drop until cleaned. I think this is also related to noise. When the parts are all new and still contain residue from manufacturing they tend to make noise.

Usually just popping off the front, removing the rotor and wiping it off, then replacing is enough to being it back up to near full power. Once every couple of months I remove the entire pump and give it a good cleaning.

I would not be concerned about noise unless it's still making it after 2 or 3 weeks of use.

Thanks for the clarification.

duncan-junkie

mine made a very faint br, br, br noise when in w1.....but its been in my tank for over a week now, and that noise went away almost completley. My skimmer is kinda noisy, so I cant really hear anything over that. The only time I can hear even the smallest bit of noise is on w1, but its really really quiet. Its the quietest pump in the tank

How long do you all leave yours on for, all day? I currently have mine on a timer to come on in the morning when my day lights come on and to turn off when my daylights turn off.

My wp-10 came in yesterday and I slapped it in my Nuvo 16 as quickly as possible. This thing is really smaller than it looks in all the pictures, oh and it has some really nice power also. Had debris flying all over the tank, so far I love mine and it's dead silent unless I put it on W1 with high power then I can hear a very faint sound when it starts and stops. Curious what setting is everyone going with on theirs??

kriskristofferzen

Just bought one yesterday to supplement flow with my mp10 in my 60 gallon frag tank. Review will come when I get it this week :)

I picked up two and have a fun project with these little guys. Excited to see how these little guys work.

Possibly see if we can hack them to work with Storm or Bluefish controllers. :D

-Dave

ok well in a dead quiet room i do hear it a little. Its not bad though, unless it was next to your bed maybe. I get more noise from my filter now because i lowered the water level in my tank to see the top of the wave (need a dam rimless)

I am very happy with it. It provides my tank enough flow, its controllable and it just looks great! Visually it makes a big difference. The price is also very nice so this seems like a no brainer to anyone considering this purchase.

someone asked the settings others are using......

I have a 20L and im using W1, S2, Frequency dial at a quarter

S1 on my tank looks crazy cool but it almost gives me sea sickness its so wavy lol and its right next to my TV

Here is a quick crappy vid i made to show the difference between my 425's and the WP-10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUjMYBUxyKs&feature=youtu.be

I picked up two and have a fun project with these little guys. Excited to see how these little guys work.

Possibly see if we can hack them to work with Storm or Bluefish controllers. :D

-Dave

I very much like that idea :) haha.

Originally I had mine on S3 but now that I added sps it is on w1.

I may just order another and put this one on my mantis tank. Hopefully the new one is quieter.

Archived