Pod Your Reef

Custom NUVO 20 Fusion: New Stand

xiaoxiy

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave sent me a new power supply for my DIY'd up lime arrays. It should be arriving tomorrow, so tomorrow = quick soldering & both limes :D.

run all the wires through the light bar.

I'll do this in 1-2 weeks. I'm trying to get in touch with someone about the Elos Mini, but they seem to have taken a break from NR or dropped off the face of the planet. :(

If I don't hear anything back in another week, I think I'm gonna use the funds to pimp out this tank.

I think I ####ed up and got nps gorgs.... (didn't realize how badly nps gorgs did in the home aquaria)

One looks like a sea whip (white body) with red polyps.

The other one is purple.

Let me get some close up shots, maybe you guys can help me ID them and tell me how screwed I am. LOL

EDIT: Pics

14890773628_a41f377bd7_c.jpg

It's so minimalist and has a great flow to it.ł, haven't seen anything like this lately

I would love an even closer pic of the whole tank

It's so minimalist and has a great flow to it.ł, haven't seen anything like this lately

I would love an even closer pic of the whole tank

Soon! I either need to buy myself a dslr camera + lens, or borrow one from the University. My Ipad's camera is too crappy.

sounds good man, this tank is killer. just need more corals and thats all

Do I has enough corals now?

I think your tank looks nice the way you have it. Did you find out if those are really nps gorgs?

Yeah, I'm 90% sure they're NPS.

Your full set up is looking gorgeous, keep us updated on how those gorgs do and what you're feedin because they look damn good.

Thank ya! (My tank looks like a baby compared to yours tho).

Hopefully the gorgs don't die and/or the feedings don't crash my tank.

Yeah, I'm 90% sure they're NPS.

Thank ya! (My tank looks like a baby compared to yours tho).

Hopefully the gorgs don't die and/or the feedings don't crash my tank.

Just adjust the water change schedule if it gets a little kooky feeding a ton. I am hoping it goes well as I would love an nps or 2 in my tank. May do some sun corals here and there in shaded spots but apparently those are a joke compared to nps gorgs.

Just adjust the water change schedule if it gets a little kooky feeding a ton. I am hoping it goes well as I would love an nps or 2 in my tank. May do some sun corals here and there in shaded spots but apparently those are a joke compared to nps gorgs.

I think I got lucky and got the "feed a few times a week nps gorgs" (at least that's what the description of one that looks identical to my white one says on Diver's Den) instead of the feed multiple times a day.

So bi-daily feedings don't work very well with a tank of this size.

5 days of bi-daily feedings of cyclopeeze, brs reef chili, flakes, along with zeovit nano pack = cloudy tank.

I performed a 90% water change, and changed out my carbon. I'm going to try to cut the coral/gorg feedings down to 3 days a week with BRS reef Chili and Cyclopeeze, and if that doesn't work, maybe I'll get a sump & skimmer so that I can overfeed.

So bi-daily feedings don't work very well with a tank of this size.

5 days of bi-daily feedings of cyclopeeze, brs reef chili, flakes, along with zeovit nano pack = cloudy tank.

I performed a 90% water change, and changed out my carbon. I'm going to try to cut the coral/gorg feedings down to 3 days a week with BRS reef Chili and Cyclopeeze, and if that doesn't work, maybe I'll get a sump & skimmer so that I can overfeed.

ya a skimmer rly helps keep the water clear when you overfeed, could try a mame or pic0 airstone skimmer on a tank ur size tho

ya a skimmer rly helps keep the water clear when you overfeed, could try a mame or pic0 airstone skimmer on a tank ur size tho

Yeah, I was thinking Mame, or drilling the tank and using a white overflow box. (Sort of like how the Elos Minis are set up)

Having a sump would make life a lot easier on me, especially with media changes and such.

Legendary Corals

Yeah, I was thinking Mame, or drilling the tank and using a white overflow box. (Sort of like how the Elos Minis are set up)

Having a sump would make life a lot easier on me, especially with media changes and such.

Sump would be epic.

Archived