SaltCritters.com

Custom NUVO 20 Fusion: New Stand

xiaoxiy

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of your tanks are incredible! I'm curious about the lily pipes though because I'm seriously considering putting them on my tank so that I can have a sump. What is the chance that water will overflow into the sump if a pump stops working or how would you prevent that? I'm really interested in how they are set up because it's so nice to not see a lot of equipment in the tank and just have that nice sleek look.

Thanks!!

All of your tanks are incredible! I'm curious about the lily pipes though because I'm seriously considering putting them on my tank so that I can have a sump. What is the chance that water will overflow into the sump if a pump stops working or how would you prevent that? I'm really interested in how they are set up because it's so nice to not see a lot of equipment in the tank and just have that nice sleek look.

Thanks!!

Thanks!

The glass "pipes" I'm using are actually not Lily Pipes. I'm using a MAME overflow!

Thanks!

The glass "pipes" I'm using are actually not Lily Pipes. I'm using a MAME overflow!

I realized that after I started looking into it more, I need to do some more research, but it really does create such a minimalist look - fantastic!

Obsessed Reefer

Hey Ya'll! I just went through and removed all of the baffles to the IM-20 fusion, and transferred my rock/fish over. :)29001791182_299c1dbf5a_k.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Looks great! What's going to become of the 11.4?

Wow it looks a lot bigger than a 20 - looks great!

That was my thought when I set it up too! I was amazed at how big it looked.

Looks great! What's going to become of the 11.4?

I'm going to make it into a new sump with a compartment for frags!

I got sick of the black background and have decided to go with clear!

29107351366_d89639e2c3_k.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

28518587004_3f5b4210a7_h.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

I need to build a new stand for it too ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Ya'll! I just went through and removed all of the baffles to the IM-20 fusion, and transferred my rock/fish over.

:)

29001791182_299c1dbf5a_k.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Any tips on the baffle removal. I have the Nuvo 16, which has fairly similar in overall shape/dimension, that I'd like to remove the false wall and baffle and make a frag tank out of it.

Any tips on the baffle removal. I have the Nuvo 16, which has fairly similar in overall shape/dimension, that I'd like to remove the false wall and baffle and make a frag tank out of it.

I used a razer blade. Just be super careful when you're doing it; I actually managed to gouge a 4mm piece of flesh from my finger on accident while doing it

X_X

I used a razer blade. Just be super careful when you're doing it; I actually managed to gouge a 4mm piece of flesh from my finger on accident while doing it

X_X

how difficult, would you say, to navigate the razor around where the false wall bottom corners meet the side and bottom panels? is the sealant sort of 'layered' on top of each other? Or did you just go for it and add extra sealant later.

That's really my only concern before moving forward.

how difficult, would you say, to navigate the razor around where the false wall bottom corners meet the side and bottom panels? is the sealant sort of 'layered' on top of each other? Or did you just go for it and add extra sealant later.

That's really my only concern before moving forward.

I was able to stay away from the glass pane silicone for the most part, and then went back in to clean the silicone work up. Honestly, de-baffling it was hella stressful; there was a point where I was able to give up (after I gouged my hand on broken glass).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived