Pod Your Reef

Custom NUVO 20 Fusion: New Stand

xiaoxiy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welcome back =)

Thanks buddy. I've been slowly plugging away at my tank but didn't feel like there was much change/anything new that needed photo updating.

My tank was literally stagnant for it's first year of life, but things have really started to take off in terms of growth recently. My frags have nearly doubled in size over the past half a year.

I've also been toying with dosing whole milk. I dose 0.5mL twice a week; always get a algae outbreak 2 days afterwards, which the snails take care of within a day or two. It seems like the corals are more vibrant now though!

what do you think contributed the most to recent growth? how is Red Sea Energy working out for you?

Honestly, I think overall increase in nutrients and stable water conditions.

I like Red Sea Energy; dosing it daily still!

Great update bud! Glad to see you still around. How is the planted tank?

Awfully neglected. It's up and running. I haven't fed it in 2 months, but somehow got amano shrimp to breed and spawn in there..... so now i have 100s of amano shrimps in the tank. More likely that they're just really pale/white cherry shrimp though given that they survived the larvae stage in freshwater.

I need to come through and plant it when I have time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been away from home for 2 weeks, and a tank sitter has been watching my tank. GF just got home yesterday too.

The damage doesn't look too horrible so far... 2 SPS with death/STN or RTN. I'm super sad about this guy though....

13499592_10153820903868212_36448671_o.jp

Die off can be due to a variety of reasons. Most prominently, dkH sitting @ 5 right now. GF is gonna slowly bring it up with 1 gallon water changes daily... hopefully that will help things heal back up.

Sorry to hear, hopefully you can get it back on track this week. Your photo seems to be broken, what else did you lose? :(

My soul :(

Here's a front shot of the death:

27823305116_886bf0fd7f_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

A top shot:

27579870790_94e56ff0f1_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Old top shot:

26481885840_89063402c2.jpg

It's interesting. It's coloration looks much cooler and the branches are longer, but it is without a doubt much unhealthier than it was before. It must have grown pretty well until the KH/Ca replenishing water changes were forgotten :(.

Another sps that died off partially:

27579867900_84fb8988ff_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

At least zoas are still doing great:

27857629945_688af0d9a6_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MOAR! Looks great :).

Thanks <3.

28333144464_46d288327d_h.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Look at what else I got (IM20, NIB: MP10, Tunze ATO, Nanobox Tide). All for the the grand total of $0! One of my friends decided that he didn't have the time to set up a nano tank in addition to his 165G, so he generously donated all of the equipment to me!

28413437444_af91b166f3_k.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Archived