ReefCleaners.org

Solana 34G (ZEOvit)

exactlyobp

Mount some gsp on the bottom to make it look like a mountain, that or shit load of chalices!

What camera are you using?

I use Nikon D90 body with following lenses:

-Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G -> this is the one I use these days
-Sigma 28-80 mm F/3.5-5.6 Macro

:(:( I want fusion :(:( lol

I hope you get in soon too! Just keep trying..

Cool looks awesome well done. Glad to be following along.

Thanks again AJ!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this is going to be a wonderful tank. I might have missed it but are you planning a shallow sand bed or going BB. For Zeovit I recommend a 1" sand bed, course aragonite.

Looks like this is going to be a wonderful tank. I might have missed it but are you planning a shallow sand bed or going BB. For Zeovit I recommend a 1" sand bed, course aragonite.

I think I'm going BB for now, since I have a lot of flow.. I might add really course sand a lil bit somewhere down the road. Thanks for stopping by Christine! :D

A few pics from today:

Clowns hangin' out
13908431125_42444989d5_c.jpg

Left side shot:
13885317156_061d63099e_c.jpg

Right:
13885305902_6aa94f19ac_c.jpg

Front:
13885306602_8ed86f1d2f_c.jpg

Ugh, the water is still cloudy!

RiddleEagle18
Are those mp40s?

Sure look like it! Ive got 1 mp10 in my solana. Cant imagine 2 40's!!

My rebuild is not coming along quick. Cant wait to copy all of this :)

Are those mp40s?

Yes they are! Im using them just because i have them.. I know i want to replace them with MP10ws. I had those pumps in my old 90 gallon and I held on to them. Im too afraid not to have enough flow after i get rid of them.

Sure look like it! Ive got 1 mp10 in my solana. Cant imagine 2 40's!! My rebuild is not coming along quick. Cant wait to copy all of this :)

Ya since Ill have only SPS with bare bottom in this cube, i want a lot of flow.

The bottom MP is at the lowest setting possible, the upper one hovers around 40~42%, Ill see how corals like it once i start placing them.

Did a weekly wc yesterday 5 gallon, everything looks good, and Im gonna start adding corals! Theres this guy in town, who has "a 90 gallon SPS tank" for sale as a whole, so Im hoping to get first dibs tomorrow, so excited!

NO3 0.00 ppm

13810847053_1599e76cc4_c.jpg

what kind of test kit is that?

Picked up a few corals from a local guy who's getting out of this hobby. I can't call it a "steal" deal but over all I'm happy.

Pink Millie

https://flic.kr/p/nc3tLP'>13908457235_6e81ec8ed7_c.jpg

It had an ORA frag when i separated from the rock.. Could it be a Red Planet..? If anyone can make positive ID, it'd be great!

Mr. Miyagi Tort

https://flic.kr/p/nc5CCS'>13908877274_eafe05c862_c.jpg

Again, positive ID please? The guy said it was sold as Mr Miyagi.

ORA Purple Stylo

https://flic.kr/p/n9ZZax'>13885337781_ccaee39b27_c.jpg

Hopefully they thrive in my cube!

BeardedReeferLLC

Tank looks awesome Shin. Two Mp40s squeezed in that cube for some major movement... Your Nuts! An SPS Dream. Everything is looking great and on track. Your new SPS should do well. Can't wait for more updates.

Tank looks awesome Shin. Two Mp40s squeezed in that cube for some major movement... Your Nuts! An SPS Dream. Everything is looking great and on track. Your new SPS should do well. Can't wait for more updates.

Thanks Kyle! Im still trying to decide where I should place the RP.. its weird shaped..

Awesome that stylo is sweet. There is something to be said about solid coloured corals.

Love it.

Thanks AJ! Im gonna copy what you're doing: growth/comparison shots! :D :D

Where did you get the rimless clips for the screen lid Shin?

The clips came with the tank, but I heard you can use the cabinet shelf holder clip or order from eBay.

Epoxyed the RP.
13885371841_6072529693_c.jpg
you can see the tabling form. Love it!

Thanks AJ! Im gonna copy what you're doing: growth/comparison shots! :D :D

Awesome I will be interested to see. I am glad I started when I did. I used to not take photos of corals until they coloured up or looked nice, but in a year or so I will be very very happy with the progress shots.

Awesome I will be interested to see. I am glad I started when I did. I used to not take photos of corals until they coloured up or looked nice, but in a year or so I will be very very happy with the progress shots.

I will try my best to document the growth. Now i need a macro lens! Sighhhh..

Those are some nice SPS pieces you picked up, that milli looks great.

Thanks RollaJase! I hope they'll thrive in this cube!

Can't wait for this tank to start ginning !! I've been thinking about going with zeovit products . I'm looking foward to see how your tank does with it . Great DIY btw

Can't wait for this tank to start ginning !! I've been thinking about going with zeovit products . I'm looking foward to see how your tank does with it . Great DIY btw

Thanks GT! You should totally look into zeo! I like it so far.

Received the invite for fusion !! Having some issues though ... Do I need to wire my apex directly to My router ? I'm running the 4.31L_cd13 firmware .... Getting apex fusion connection error tab where the token should be..

Received the invite for fusion !! Having some issues though ... Do I need to wire my apex directly to My router ? I'm running the 4.31L_cd13 firmware .... Getting apex fusion connection error tab where the token should be..

It was working before tho? Someone else was having a similar issue i believe, but again it should work with wireless bridge. Hmm.. Have you checked with Neptune forum?

Archived