Innovative Marine Aquariums

*A change of scape* - Mr. Aqua 6 Long

handzoff

I thought I would post a fts at the one month mark. Things seem to be going well and stabilizing. I will begin adding more corals in the next few weeks in addition to beefing up my cleaning crew with a few more snails and maybe a small hermit or two. Thanks for looking.

photo-11crop-1024x493.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a sad day... this morning I woke up to my clownfish of just over 2 weeks sucked up against the powerhead.

Rewind 8 hours.

I noticed him acting strange. He was lethargic and laying low in the corner of the tank on the sand. He was pale and even a little blotchy. A quick google search lead me to suspect clownfish disease. I got my mind wrapped around setting up a QT tank today but when I got up this morning it was too late. All the other inhabitants, snails, corals pods all are doing well. I have been moving the aquascape around quite a bit in the last few days. I hope I did not stress him out too much but again I am afraid that is what happened. Or possibly worse... I may not have waited long enough to add him. This is the part I hate. I really feel it is my duty to provide a good environment for the livestock I keep and I failed this one.

I will take this opportunity to finsih my reaquascaping and possibly bail on the dry rock I started with in favor of new live rock if I can't get it looking the way I want. I will also possibly retying my stocking plans for this tank with regard to fish. Possibly just a small gobie or two.

Anyway it will be a long 8 weeks while I wait for this tank to get better before I add any other fish.

Nanofreak79

NTS. Things will even out. Sounds like things are heading in the right direction. My newer 17 is going through the ugly phase right now as well.

any updates?

Nothing much... kind of in a holding pattern for a bit as I let things settle in. Thinking of finalizing the new aquascape I have in mind, adding to my CUC and getting some more corals in the next few weeks. That's about it.

Nothing much... kind of in a holding pattern for a bit as I let things settle in. Thinking of finalizing the new aquascape I have in mind, adding to my CUC and getting some more corals in the next few weeks. That's about it.

Cool. I was wondering how you are liking you orbit marine? For the price I'm contemplating ordering one for my 6g.
Cool. I was wondering how you are liking you orbit marine? For the price I'm contemplating ordering one for my 6g.

So far so good. Only zoas and Gsp under it. They are in the sand so we will see how it does as I add more coral.

Nanofreak79

I still have yet to put coral in my tank. I'm waiting until next month. I like the scape. I think you can become somewhat obsessed with the perfect scape idea. Once you get more coral things will start looking different to you, scape wise that is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
porkchop-rob

So far so good. Only zoas and Gsp under it. They are in the sand so we will see how it does as I add more coral.

any updates???

Archived