Cultivated Reef

Obi's Shallow Reef- Midas blenny and Pistol shrimp sharing den

BRADYBUNCH7

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

Sweet arse shallow dude. Loving the equipment and the whole setup.

only downside and the reason i did not go shallow is the evap is a pain in the ####

debby downer :(

Sweet arse shallow dude. Loving the equipment and the whole setup.

Denny downer :(

i mean its not a down if you dont mind the evap. just i use pre mix water so it can be costly

BRADYBUNCH7

Hehe Ik I'm pretty sure i'll be meticulous about fulling up my ATO

only downside and the reason i did not go shallow is the evap is a pain in the ####

Thanks a lot I won't disappoint!

what do you guys think is a good cheap price to buy an ATO reservoir

Nanofreak79
Hehe Ik I'm pretty sure i'll be meticulous about fulling up my ATO

Thanks a lot I won't disappoint!

what do you guys think is a good cheap price to buy an ATO reservoir

I hear eBay has some fairly cheap ones. Ice....I was kidding.

Nanofreak79

I've used the moonlight drivers from rapid led. They can power 4 LEDs at 350ma, perfect for a fuge light. You should be able to find a project box and insert a small heatsink from eBay and all the components. Then just figure out a way to attach, usually Velcro works. The driver is only 2"x2" max, and you just insert + - into the terminals. Or the jbj nano glow is fairly cheap for a off the shelf unit

BRADYBUNCH7

K thanks!

ill get you some details hold on. need to take some pics

I've used the moonlight drivers from rapid led. They can power 4 LEDs at 350ma, perfect for a fuge light. You should be able to find a project box and insert a small heatsink from eBay and all the components. Then just figure out a way to attach, usually Velcro works. The driver is only 2"x2" max, and you just insert + - into the terminals. Or the jbj nano glow is fairly cheap for a off the shelf unit

Hmmm I will def look into it tomorrow!

Does the nano glo have good spread... I heard it doesn't... Im thinking 6 inches wide 8 inch tall spread

thanks

so my little guy is 2 Cree XRE NW/2 Cree XRE CW, 5 Cree XRE RB with two 1000mA Buckpuck drivers with External Pots on a 5x6” heatsink mounted up with two metal plates one on each side on the cross beams of the stand

http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/shadows92/media/IMG_0221_zpsf6ae2831.jpg.html'>IMG_0221_zpsf6ae2831.jpg

http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/shadows92/media/IMG_6522_zps5a59cdd4.jpg.html'>IMG_6522_zps5a59cdd4.jpg

just noticed one is out. humm

BRADYBUNCH7

I love it I may try it out!

so my little guy is 2 Cree XRE NW/2 Cree XRE CW, 5 Cree XRE RB with two 1000mA Buckpuck drivers with External Pots on a 5x6” heatsink mounted up with two metal plates one on each side on the cross beams of the stand

IMG_0221_zpsf6ae2831.jpg

IMG_6522_zps5a59cdd4.jpg

just noticed one is out. humm

every zoa gets a FW dip then put in the tank. they open right up and have no issues. only zoas that did not like it was my golden mauls and god of wars

BRADYBUNCH7

Hmm thanks! What do you do for LPS? :)

every zoa gets a FW dip then put in the tank. they open right up and have no issues. only zoas that did not like it was my golden mauls and god of wars

Archived