Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanolutionary's 30g Long Shallow - Retired - Lost to Cyanobacteria

nanolutionary

nanolutionary

Very cool aquascape!

Thank you!

Very cool aquascape!

i know everyone here says this... but this is going to look so amazing as every month passes. The scape is going to only compliment time and growth.

Thank you! :) It's going well ,just got back from a holiday to Thailand for a couple of weeks, mum managed to keep the tank well, now it's established I suppose it's more stable and the doser helped of course.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
nanolutionary

I've jjst got a new job as a recycling officer locally so this is going to help me to maintain this tank consistently. I have loads of atserina starfish so I'm going to be introducing a Harlequin Shrimp when I get the chance, considering purchasing a Tunze Care Long magnet too to help with cleaning anyone have any experience with these?

Been using Red Sea Foundation stock solutions with my Jebao Doser but I'm finding that the strength of the alkalinity solution is so weak with Red Sea that it would require me to have a large 5 litre bucket of it next to the aquarium stand - yuck!

Anyone know of a better solution for alkalinity that is really potent?

nanolutionary

Thinking as I have a flipper nano already I might just get the replacement blades for that also after my second vortech mp10 broke I've had enough of this pump think I am getting a fluval Sea C3. Archaic but reliable!

Cencalfishguy56

Thinking as I have a flipper nano already I might just get the replacement blades for that also after my second vortech mp10 broke I've had enough of this pump think I am getting a fluval Sea C3. Archaic but reliable!

FTS!!

The Tunze care magnet is very good, the best on the market I'd say because it limits the chances of sand getting trapped between the magnets.

I've been very disappointed with EcoTech Marine products - two MP40QD both of which were faulty out of the box and the L1 isn't impressive for the price tag and hype about it being so 'revolutionary'.

Cencalfishguy56

The Tunze care magnet is very good, the best on the market I'd say because it limits the chances of sand getting trapped between the magnets.

I've been very disappointed with EcoTech Marine products - two MP40QD both of which were faulty out of the box and the L1 isn't impressive for the price tag and hype about it being so 'revolutionary'.

best glass cleaner tool I've ever bought are paper towels lol
nanolutionary

FTS!!

Coming soon I promise, lets just say that I need to have a spring clean first!

Think I'm going to stick with the flipper for now as it is also really good with keeping sand off.

best glass cleaner tool I've ever bought are paper towels lol

https://www.kaercher.com/uk/home-garden/window-vac.html

This is what I use for the outside glass and it is absolutely brilliant, streak-free (use RO/DI Water), effortless and so quick.

nanolutionary

I decided to go with the Rossmont Mover M5800 for my powerhead, it looks great being the smallest powerhead in its class. I also purchased some test kits today and also some more alkalinity buffer, need to put the 5 litre tub next to the cabinet for alkalinity I've decided doing that over getting a bigger system for the time being. Pics tomorrow I think but will let you guys have one soon if not I promise.

Took me ages to clean the glass tonight so I've bought the flipper nano replacement blades. Everything healthy including two aiptasia so i've bought some Aiptasia X. Spent like £200 on aquarium stuff tonight = brutal! But that should last me quite a while now. Oh and I need to buy some snails tomorrow as one of my hermits killed quite a few, got rid of the hermits now!

• Like 1
nanolutionary

Got the camera out yesterday but the memory card didn't seem to want to give up the photos, will upload some soon once I've got the new pump in there and stuff.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
nanolutionary

Everything is flourishing atm I'm very pleased. Emerald crabs seem to be doing a good job and eating algae like crazy and the new dragon wrasse may be eating a few snails...could be the emerald crabs I suppose. In any case the dragon wrasse is going soon as I know it is not suitable for my tank for much longer, what a beautiful fish.

• Like 1
nanolutionary

Amazing! hows the long tentacle plate? looking for something to fill uip my sandbed with :P

The long tentacle plate coral is amazing, all the fun of an anemone without any of the fear of it flying around the pumps!

• Like 2
nanolutionary

Holy moly!!!! Everything has just taken off since last I was in here!!! Looks like perfection to me. I see a TOTM in your future :).

Aw thank you gena that's lovely of you to say :) I had neglected the tank a little bit recently due to struggles finding the job I wanted in the sector I'd studied at University , finally found a job as a Waste and Recycling Officer at my local authority in Surrey and am really happy and able to pay to do what I want to do with the tank again :)

Gorgeous tank! Crazy how many changes its been thru

It has been through so much change!

IMG_3268.jpgIMG_3261.jpgIMG_3328.jpgIMG_3484.jpgIMG_3658_1.jpgIMG_3909.jpg87cbd23b-e9b7-4159-986d-f5478b36b79c.jpgIMG_4404.jpg

• Like 3

Aw thank you gena that's lovely of you to say :) I had neglected the tank a little bit recently due to struggles finding the job I wanted in the sector I'd studied at University , finally found a job as a Waste and Recycling Officer at my local authority in Surrey and am really happy and able to pay to do what I want to do with the tank again :)

That's awesome! Congrats :happydance:. Not only you benefit and your tank...but us too. We get to see the results of your hard work :).
  • Like 1
nanolutionary

That's awesome! Congrats :happydance:. Not only you benefit and your tank...but us too. We get to see the results of your hard work :).

I will be following along on your pastel garden not least for the cute kittens I just spotted!

• Like 1
nanolutionary

One thing I am a bit gutted about is how I haven't got much coralline algae in the tank, it's been running for years now I don't get it all my foundation elements are stable?

The lights do look alot better with the new mounting system,

Or is it the same system and just a long connector between them?

One thing I am a bit gutted about is how I haven't got much coralline algae in the tank, it's been running for years now I don't get it all my foundation elements are stable?

Its kind of a blessing, coraline is PTA, but to get it to grow you need to seed it with some existing coraline

nanolutionary

The lights do look alot better with the new mounting system,

Or is it the same system and just a long connector between them?

Its kind of a blessing, coraline is PTA, but to get it to grow you need to seed it with some existing coraline

It's two Radion Pro's (small) with the Radion Mounting System.

I did have some coralline algae on frags and stuff along the way it's just never taken off, what do you mean by PTA?

• Like 1