Coral Vue Hydros

I Had To Do It....... With UPDATE

basser1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats not the same clam....im with Ghill the stripes arent the same.. id contact them and just see what they say

I'll let you know what they say....

After bouncing up and down the page a zillion times and comparing distinguishing marks, I think they are different. I think they mixed up packages.. The shell is darker, the spots and stripes aren't the same, look at specific parts of the mantle and compare markings.. I don't think they're the same.

Thats not the same clam....im with Ghill the stripes arent the same.. id contact them and just see what they say

Kat pointed it out, I just agreed with her.. Lol.

What kalvin did they claim to shoot it under? Top down is always different but after viewing the first then yours quickly it was way different. I see a little green, maybe you have more actinic.

Well if they give you a free clam Basser I may be willing to drive to Evansville to buy/trade that one off you. I like the one you've got currently.

Well if they give you a free clam Basser I may be willing to drive to Evansville to buy/trade that one off you. I like the one you've got currently.

I'll let you know. We are planning a trip to the Underground Caverns soon, IF the weather gets better. This is a pretty Polynesian clam and it's doing really well.

What kalvin did they claim to shoot it under? Top down is always different but after viewing the first then yours quickly it was way different. I see a little green, maybe you have more actinic.

Hey Steve.... I'm not sure what their Kelvin ratings are. According to their web-site, all their clams are photographed under T5s. Also, they do not guarantee color as everyones' tanks are different.

Define soon?!

If you come 'Round these parts let me know. I can direct you to all the LFS.

Matter o factly there is a semi decent (by louisville standards) one 5 seconds from the caverns.

Define soon?!

Matter o factly there is a semi decent (by louisville standards) one 5 seconds from the caverns.

The wife is wanting to see the Christmas Light Display so..... we'll see how it works out!!

Define soon?!

10 years ago it was a great store. now...not so much.

q4xg.jpgpost-21570-0-65341700-1386041348_thumb.j

well.. I had these pics turned the same direction and cut to the same size, but they didn't stay that way when I posted them.. maybe OP can post a better comparison..

10 years ago it was a great store. now...not so much.

Sandy's isnt horrible, but it isnt great either but it sure beats the old house of pets (new owner is doing a decent job of turning it around) and it suuure beats that craphole of a store off bardstown by the Watterson.

UPDATE

Well I received an e-mail early this morning from PEA customer service and they did admit that the clam they sent me was not the one I ordered. Plus they still have the clam I wanted. They are sending it to me and I agreed to pay for shipping. I should have it here on Thursday!!

Looks like Kat was right! Not that I ever doubted her....... ;)

Thanks gang for your "keen eyes"!!

It actually looks like the clam you received was the one that can be seen just barely at the bottom of your original picture.

post-21570-0-65341700-1386041348_thumb.j

UPDATE

Well I received an e-mail early this morning from PEA customer service and they did admit that the clam they sent me was not the one I ordered. Plus they still have the clam I wanted. They are sending it to me and I agreed to pay for shipping. I should have it here on Thursday!!

Looks like Kat was right! Not that I ever doubted her....... ;)

Thanks gang for your "keen eyes"!!

it now friday, you have clam?

I see your clam in PEA's pic, juuuuust the corner of it ;)

Any update?

It actually looks like the clam you received was the one that can be seen just barely at the bottom of your original picture.

post-21570-0-65341700-1386041348_thumb.j

You know I think I agree with you guys now that I look at it.........

it now friday, you have clam?

Yes and I have to report that sadly, I don't think it's gonna make it. When I received my package yesterday and opening it, the bag of water the clam came in was very cold. PEA had it boxed nicely with insulated styrofoam box with newspaper and foam peanuts all around it. They also had 2 heat pack, but 1 was barely warm and the other was cold. So I don't know how much they helped. Maybe it's just too much of a risk to ship livestock out during sub-freezing temps.

But I still did a 1 hour drip acclimation and put it on the tank bottom. Once I did, I noticed my nassarius snails wer on it instantly, not a good sign I thought. It's reflexes were still good, opening and closing when something was near it. But this morning, the mantle isn't extended and it is gaping pretty big. I'll give it over the week-end and see how it does, but I'm not holding out much hope.

I have contacted PEA and included pics, so I'll see what kind of reply I get.......

BTW, here is a photo of it

bqvx.jpg

Archived