SaltCritters.com

skyscraper's PicO III (Picture dump 4/13 and top down shots 4/14)

skyscraper2290

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
skyscraper2290

I will be very interested to see what you think of your Saltcritters order....

I'll definitely let you know as soon as everything is in the tank and settled.

skyscraper2290

So got my order from Salt Critters today, just dipped everything and just got it into my tank. I will post some pictures after everything opens up all the way. The only coral I am slightly disappointed at this point is the rock nem, looks like it could possibly be a little bleached but hopefully it will come back nice and strong.

skyscraper2290

So just snapped a couple pics under the night lights. Aren't the best photos, still getting used to shooting under the LED's and using extension tubes.

http://s948.photobucket.com/user/skyscraper22900/media/ric1_zps61dc34b7.jpg.html'>ric1_zps61dc34b7.jpg

http://s948.photobucket.com/user/skyscraper22900/media/ric2_zps101218e2.jpg.html'>ric2_zps101218e2.jpg

Couple shots of one of the rics, for one of the mystery corals I got a blue ric as well which I am really liking but was unable to get a good photo of it. I will probably have to wait for when I get everything placed correctly and glued down for that.

http://s948.photobucket.com/user/skyscraper22900/media/zoa1_zps685680d6.jpg.html'>zoa1_zps685680d6.jpg

Zoa's starting to open up. I have an orange ric coming into tomorrow as well as the green clown goby. I would say I am pretty happy with finally getting some stuff in the tank.

So got my order from Salt Critters today, just dipped everything and just got it into my tank. I will post some pictures after everything opens up all the way. The only coral I am slightly disappointed at this point is the rock nem, looks like it could possibly be a little bleached but hopefully it will come back nice and strong.

My nem from SaltCritters was bleach too. Did you get a red one? Keep feeding it and it will color up nicely. Mine is dark red now.

You really have to get in on SaltCritters sale early on before all the good stuff are gone. It takes awhile to weed through the "blah" corals. Pick the super bright stuff and just know that the coral will look somewhere in between the 20k pic and the 14k pic.

skyscraper2290

Well I thought i was getting the one that I pictured above, but I got one that I would say is reddish orange. I kept trying to place it on the front of my rocks but it apparently likes the backside of the rocks where I can barely see it from one side. I am gonna try to keep messing with flow to see if I can make it like the front though. Will definitely be nice once it colors up all the way again.

skyscraper2290

So I received my green clown goby, orange ric, and chateo today. Got everything acclimated and into the tank. 2 of the 3 zoa's from my salt critters order are opening up really nicely and the rics are all looking really good. The clown goby is settling in and looks really neat.

skyscraper2290

So received my order from reef cleaners, tons of extras of course. Here are some new photos too.

A39AEED9-EE8E-42F8-BEB9-79BD54FBE807_zps

085B0C14-77BA-4C35-ACCA-C1C56B511E19_zps

83EF5ED4-AD93-4FBD-87B5-311A02F36F3F_zps

5585C42B-7BE4-4215-9B15-7CF91D78A28B_zps

54F3FA44-5D5C-4FE2-B660-E4A29C06A373_zps

60407EFC-DC72-4D69-95AA-429431C56045_zps

Sorry just iPhone pics but I will get more up soon.

skyscraper2290

So the GCG, which is now named Toby, is finally starting to not be as shy and is coming out further and further from his hiding spot. I have been feeding pretty heavily just to entice him to eat but I saw him munching today on some food so that was good to see. I'm hoping he starts perching within the next few days. I have definitely been enjoying having life in the tank though and already want more ahaha

• 2 weeks later...
skyscraper2290

Some new pictures! I am still trying to get the custom WB figured out all of the way, so these ones took a bit of editing to try to get them to what you actually see looking at my tank.

snailrics_zpsb819e7c0.jpg

zoas_zps5dbca46d.jpg

riczoa_zps2d83bdf2.jpg

orangeric_zpsb089fcbb.jpg

orangeandgreen_zpsbb3763d2.jpg

blueric_zps46af1a6d.jpg

minizoa_zps55b743ab.jpg

I feel like everything is doing good, still trying to figure out when I am moving and I am also going to Hawaii for 8 days so I won't be getting anything else for a little while still. GCB is still pretty shy but it's fun seeing him when he comes out to eat, but for the most part he stays hidden in the LR.

skyscraper2290

Looking good. As for corals... A plate or a brain?

Don't know how I forgot about plate corals haha, definitely what I want to get thanks

You're tanks looking great! How do you get your pictures that good. It seems like no matter what I try they come out kinda bland.

skyscraper2290

You're tanks looking great! How do you get your pictures that good. It seems like no matter what I try they come out kinda bland.

Thanks! What kind of camera are you using?

Canon A590. I figured its probably my camera but I was hoping it was something easy that wouldn't require $$$$

Download Lightroom or alternative software. You can tweak your white balance and contrast and etc.

skyscraper2290

Ya, definitely mess around with the WB in Lightroom. Mine took a fair amount of editing in order to get them to turn out with true color. I am still trying to get the custom WB on my camera going.

skyscraper2290
skyscraper2290

So just got home today and on my drive home I stopped at my "LFS" (100 miles away ahah) and picked up a 4 headed duncan with a 5th head already coming out for $40 and also got a frag of gorilla nipple zoas. Once everything is acclimated and I clean the tank up from after this trip I will get some pictures up.

skyscraper2290

Great pictures, Ill be in Hawaii soon as well. How'd the reefs look?

One of the reefs I went to looked pretty good, its hard for me to compare though as I rarely get to do stuff like that.

Archived