inTank Media Baskets

skyscraper's PicO III (Picture dump 4/13 and top down shots 4/14)

skyscraper2290

skyscraper2290

I had 2 clownfish (regular and black&white), a Hi-Fin Goby (with pistol shrimp), and a Tailspot Blenny... So 4 fish total...

With 1 clownfish gone, I am down to 3 fish so the 4-Line Wrasse would bring me up to 4 again...

I place the order for the 4-Line Wrasse over a month ago --- apparently they are hard to get :blink:

I always thought the Chalk Bass looked too much like a fresh water fish... I like the "Gold Assessor Basslet" -- it looks cool and it swims upside down :D

Ya I don't think I have seen a 4 line before. Hopefully you will be able to get yours soon. You do have a point about the chalk bass though, I was thinking about it because they aren't passive and are usually in the open water. 4 fish in this tank is probably the max.

Very nice tank, great pics too!

Thanks Jball, much appreciated!
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about your firefish. I had the exact same thing happen with my firefish a long time ago. Only had the lid off for about ten minutes, but I never noticed he had jumped :(

Good luck with the move! Let us know how it works out.

Oh, and DIE vermetid snails, DIE!!

skyscraper2290

Sorry about your firefish. I had the exact same thing happen with my firefish a long time ago. Only had the lid off for about ten minutes, but I never noticed he had jumped :(

Good luck with the move! Let us know how it works out.

Oh, and DIE vermetid snails, DIE!!

Thanks! It was a big bummer, but obviously it is something that is pretty common with fire fish. Ya I will need the luck for moving and also getting all those evil snails. I am going to try to document everything but who knows how much ill be able to keep up with that and moving the tank. I'll probably try to get a new fish after I move.

skyscraper2290

So the move is complete, took quite a bit of work. Longer than freshwater. The tank is set up in its new spot now. I made about 9 gallons of fresh saltwater but I was still about a gallon and a half short after transferring everything. I made some more and now the tank is almost set up all the way again. Still have to plug in the ATO and hook up the skimmer. Hopefully I'll have some new pics soon.

Glad that's done! There's nothing more maddening than doing a huge water change and realizing your about a gallon short :angry:

skyscraper2290

Glad that's done! There's nothing more maddening than doing a huge water change and realizing your about a gallon short :angry:

Ya it was a pretty big process haha, everything is looking really good now, all the coral are opened up and the fish are doing great. Need to get some pictures of everything again now that the move is the complete. I also cleaned the sand really well and now it looks almost new again.

skyscraper2290

Alrighty, finally got a few pictures. The FTS and coral pics were mostly on the tripod with 50mm plus a 20mm extension tube shooting around f/16-20 and shutter speed close to 1" and ISO of 125. The fish shots, honestly not that great, were at about 1600 ISO so they are kinda grainy. I pulled these straight from my camera to upload them as my main computer is still at my old house so I wasn't able to change the temperature of the photos or anything. I am just using my little laptop/tablet and just did some cropping to convert them from RAW over to JPEG so I can upload them. Oooo and also I believe it was 4/22/14 that I got my first pieces of coral into the tank, which is what I am saying my 1-year is for the tank so I am really pumped about that. Hope everyone enjoys.

DSC_1336_zpsrr4cfscv.jpg

DSC_1338_zpstozjkjio.jpg

DSC_1340_zpsaks7nepg.jpg

DSC_1341_zpsqaafoscw.jpg

DSC_1348_zpsusrujxio.jpg

DSC_1351_zpszpiw67wz.jpg

DSC_1358_zpstv4cijok.jpg

DSC_1359_zpspralhbwx.jpg

DSC_1363_zpsttsj1vl7.jpg

DSC_1366_zpstkzf6nki.jpg

DSC_1367_zpstejzfsb6.jpg

DSC_1368_zpsgsiuojrw.jpg

DSC_1369_zpsem3hxomr.jpg

DSC_1372_zpsrclff0ys.jpg

DSC_1374_zpsw8wupzci.jpg

DSC_1376_zpsjbkw9ret.jpg

DSC_1382_zpsc2dlaiu7.jpg

DSC_1395_zps4uirntgm.jpg

DSC_1401_zpsziy9nffs.jpg

DSC_1415_zpso1plqa0f.jpg

DSC_1418_zpsydd9yll6.jpg

Happy birthday! Those are some great pictures, especially the macros. I love the shot of the clown looking at his reflection :wub:

skyscraper2290

Thanks teeny! I saw all your top down shots this morning and so I had to take some myself.

The piece of tenuous that I broke when trying to break down the frag plug, seeing great polyp extension and it looks like its starting to encrust over where it broke. Really happy about his because it is a really nice piece.

DSC_1426_zps1qbkvell.jpg

DSC_1434_zpsdx7cffkt.jpg

Another one of the desert cactus, has pretty much encrusted the whole plug and is starting on the LR now

DSC_1435_zpsui0ae75i.jpg

Newest Acro, showing some decent extension

DSC_1454_zpsaorrdhpl.jpg

This monti cap was a freebie after I bought a bunch of pieces at the LFS, I put it up top right when I got it and bleached almost over night and died everywhere except for the edges of the whole piece and is making a nice comeback now that I actually acclimated it to the light

DSC_1466_zps2wdw2oui.jpg

Zoas, possibly fire and ice but feel free to correct me

DSC_1470_zpsqvibf9ru.jpg

Some no name zoas from the LFS

DSC_1478_zpse9gb04f5.jpg

The RBTA and clowns

DSC_1488_zpshwgaabsc.jpg

Ric Rock

DSC_1509_zpsghfulos1.jpg

Duncan from above with Ziggy hunting away

DSC_1531_zps5eqlhptx.jpg

And then a close up of the duncans when they were eating so you could see all the new heads starting to pop up

DSC_1571_zpsbjmirqc4.jpg

Acan zone

DSC_1542_zpszgw3mg40.jpg

And the lone blasto that started as a single stalk but now has about 5 heads total, it's in a bad spot to get other photos of so top down is about all I can get

DSC_1558_zpsrqafzglt.jpg

• 9 months later...
skyscraper2290

Wow, so I haven't been on the site for almost a year and it is sad seeing how good my tank used to look. I have to send in my duo again because the blue channel stopped working again. Usually I just have to plug everything in again but unfortunately it didn't work this time. Right now I have my back up light over the tank, but the tank still has some serious HA issues. I am going to work on doing at least 3-5 WC's this next week and cleaning the LR off. I am down to just the smaller clown fish unfortunately. I feel terrible about this because I let multiple animals die while under my care. Right now I just want to get into a good habit again of cleaning the tank and doing WC's 2 times a week. Hopefully soon I will be willing to take pictures of it again to post on here.

Archived