Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nic's life's a beach Edge

andi.rahl

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fishiiiesssssss!!!! Yay.. this tank needed one.

I know it did. So far the little piggy eats anything I will put in the tank for him. ;)

I still want a Court Jester/Rainfords goby but no one locally seems to be able to get one for me. :( I refuse to pay $40+ for shipping for a single fish.

Yes, there is a small forest growing on my powerhead; no, I won't clean it off. :P I checked, I have no dead spots anywhere, and my coral seem to like whatever flow they're getting from it. The gracilaria, caulerpa, and other macros don't seem to be hindering the flower much at all really. The hair algae gets picked off and it should hopefully come back less frequently now that I have a good light XD IMAG3635_zps8anoptdz.jpg A lot of new macros, most from Tamberav, but some of them are from the beach today. A tiny little fish is somewhere in my tank because he was apparently in one of the macros when I put it in the tank, but he's too small to photograph. He's brown or black, with a white band behind his head, and he has those large bottom fins like a yellow watchman goby has - though they aren't fused together I just couldn't think of another fish with large bottom fins like that.

Also I love the face on that middle rock. I'm thinking of finding a coral that I can use as "hair" and moving the Duncan a bit lower.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet new find! Looks like your macros are exploding with growth all over the tank. Hope you can get a pic of your hh new fish too.

Sweet new find! Looks like your macros are exploding with growth all over the tank. Hope you can get a pic of your hh new fish too.

They kind of are yeah XD actually I believe the hh fish got eaten...my clown fish tries to eat anything I put in the tank including macros. lol.

HpTsSZg.png

Nice score! The tank looks stunning! :)

I totally would give you some if I could lol. Thank you Shadow! <3

Sweet find! I love the jungle you got going. Hope everything is adjusting to the light okay.

Yeah that's pretty much all the tank is haha. A jungle with a few pieces scattered in. The zoas like the light as does the gsp. I think the Duncan is finally returning to normal colors. heh. After I do some maintenance in a few days, I'll take more photos. <3

Thank you everyone :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

So guys, my ac has been out since Sunday night...I've been floating ice and rotating it out, but to no avail. My acan, my chalices, my xenia, my gold shroom, a bunch of my z/p's have all died, and the rest that remains looks very iffy and unhappy. I've removed the dead stuff, I've done water changes, I've floated ice. *Sigh* I guess I"m just glad my clown and gorg are alive still. I'm very much disheartened with the whole coral reefing saltwater thing. I've had such bad luck since I started. If I hadn't just bought this bloody LED fixture, I'd be giving up right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I think I'm done. My fish died, I'm guessing the stress he was under from the tank getting so warm for several days screwed him up because he didn't eat right since nor was he swimming right. He died today. :'(

oh my gosh, I am so sorry :( Was a big fan not large enough to keep the tank cool?

I lost a few fish over winter during a power outage when the tank got too cold :( It sucks. I would really hate to see you give up though, I loved the stuff you would find on the beach. Being so far away from the ocean, it makes me jealous :P

oh my gosh, I am so sorry :( Was a big fan not large enough to keep the tank cool?

I lost a few fish over winter during a power outage when the tank got too cold :( It sucks. I would really hate to see you give up though, I loved the stuff you would find on the beach. Being so far away from the ocean, it makes me jealous :P

Thanks.

I am probably going to have to give up for a bit. I think I'm just gonna drain it give the rock to the fish store down the road and put away the equipment :/ I have a place to stay in St Paul in a few weeks, and I'm gonna go look for jobs!

That tank does look like fun.

I had fun once.

It was fun while it was doing well, but now it's empty.

• 2 months later...

So an update on my tank:

I got some stuff at the beach about a month ago then I went out of town for two weeks. Of course, having my mother look after my tank, I come back to it being covered in hair algae - which I have slowly been pruning and scrubbing away.

Anyways, two days ago, I got some more zoa/palys, a new leather coral, a new Kenya tree which came with some sort of bumpy blue mushroom attached (yay hitchhikers!), a teal mushroom, a small cluster of gsp to add to my messed up bunch that isn't growing, healing, or doing anything, a new clump of xenia which is already trying to split (so I put it against the back glass so it can grow up it like it did before), some random polyps which I think are clove polyps that ended up getting HUGE in the store's tank, and a couple of baby feather worms. I'm not sure if they'll get big like the ones in the store's tanks, but I'm hoping so.

I also discovered that the miniscule porcelain crab that I got 2 beach trips back is doing well! He's like 5 times the size of what he used to be - though, he's still only like the size of the end of my pinky nail. So read: tiny.

When my cuc does its job and helps me get rid of more of the algae, I will post pictures. That'll also give my corals time to adjust to their new tank and lighting. :D

• 4 months later...

So, all, I just switched back to my edge after finding a dark red crab the size of a frigging ping pong ball in the 10g. I got to scrub my rocks and attempt a new scape. As you all know, I am terrible at doing scapes. When I get a picture or two uploaded, I'll update post 1.

Archived