Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Shadow's 16G Disaster. Fumigation Poisoned the Tank and Crashed It.

Snow_Phoenix

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snow_Phoenix

NO FCKING WAY!

YESH!!! I sourced out a pair. Thinking of setting up a small tank for them in my bedroom. But for now, it'll be this cheap plastic/acrylic tank until I can get a proper glass one. :furious:

Beautiful, I've never seen those cool freshwater crabs, all I've ever seen are just the little brown ones. I bet if the internet was really around when I was younger I would have known about more things.

Snow_Phoenix

Beautiful, I've never seen those cool freshwater crabs, all I've ever seen are just the little brown ones. I bet if the internet was really around when I was younger I would have known about more things.

Some of the freshwater inverts are gorgeous. I had this stunning red crayfish once, that unfortunately climbed out of the tank and hid behind my tv for hours. Unfortunately he was dried up when I found him the following morning. Here's a pic of him:

JD1FUK6.png

theyre actually sort of a new discovery lol

Yep, honestly I was always debating on getting one but never dared...until you mentioned it a couple of posts back. :ninja:

Snow_Phoenix

Okies everyone, I need to consult all of you with my future stocking plans:

What I currently have in my tank:

1 Spotted Mandarin

1 YCG

1 Truncatus Anthias (1.5")

1 Galaxy Clarkii Clownfish baby (1")

1 Blood Red Fire Shrimp

1 Green Brittle Star

4 Hermit Crabs

30 mini Nass snails

5 Cerith Snails

2 Astrea Snails

1 Tuxedo Urchin

1 P. ciliata Mantis (that never crawls out of his den. Ever. Hmph)

1 Crocea Clam

2 Feather Duster Worms (XL)

Mushroom frags/colonies

Bali Brain

Lobed Brain

Goniopora

Green Pagoda

Yuma

Assorted Zoas

Toadstool Leather

Mini Maxi Carpet Nem

What I intend to get:

1. Inverts:

1x Cleaner Shrimp (L size) (my present little one died during a molt under my Paly frag R.I.P. :tears: )

3x White Spotted Anemone Shrimp (not Sexy Shrimp)

1 Porcelain Crab

2. Fish (these fish catch my interest - but I won't be adding all of them, just need some stocking advice as to which combinations work best with the fish I currently have):

1 True Percula/1 Occy OR 2 True Perculas OR 2 Occys (have already set my mind on this)

1 Clarkii Clownfish (baby/juvi)

1 Pictus Blenny

1 Scooter Blenny

1 Ruby Red Dragonet

1 Female Spotted Mandarin

1 Yasha Goby/Pistol Shrimp

1 Hi-Fin Goby/Pistol Shrimp

1 Neon Goby

3. Clams

2 L size Croceas

4. Corals

Xenia

Kenya Tree

Clove Polyps

Mushrooms

5. Macroalgae

Anything I can get my hands on.

Feather caulerpa

Red Titan

Mermaid's Brush

Ulva

Shaving Brush etc.

Parameters at the present: NH4, NO2, PO4 = 0ppm, Nitrate = 5ppm, dKH = 8.9, SG = 1.025. Additions will be spaced out over a year. Awaiting clownfish shipment either end of this month or beginning of next month. Currently dosing Kent's dKH buffer (3 drops per day) and Marinium's All-In-One Supplement (2.5ml per week). Tank is 15G and fed pellets 3x a day (very little) and wet food (frozen) 2 days once. Corals are fed shrimp meat once a week. Currently running PhosBan and activated carbon in a 500/L HOB filter. Using a Resun-2000 (2000L/Hr) wavemaker for flow. No skimmer. LR for biological filtration. Using 96W T5HO lighting. Loads of macro such as grape caulerpa and chaeto in the display - will collect more macro later. So it'll be a minimalistic setup with mostly macros and softies.

Any advice is strongly appreciated. :bowdown:

So if you're REALLY interested in the crabs, I know of at least 3 sites that sell them lol

http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/shop/en/27-crabs-crayfish

http://www.eliteinverts.com/buy-live-freshwater-crabs-for-sale/

http://www.alphaprobreeders.com/categories/Misc./

they're a really nice species to work with if you have a paludarium setup. They're actually not fully aquatic, so they'd appreciate a land feature.

Snow_Phoenix

So if you're REALLY interested in the crabs, I know of at least 3 sites that sell them lol

http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/shop/en/27-crabs-crayfish

http://www.eliteinverts.com/buy-live-freshwater-crabs-for-sale/

http://www.alphaprobreeders.com/categories/Misc./

they're a really nice species to work with if you have a paludarium setup. They're actually not fully aquatic, so they'd appreciate a land feature.

Wow, Hypo! That's fantastic! Love, love the crabs you have shown me - thank you! :)

but as with as new species you work with, make sure you read up on the care before obtaining it. Here's a quick example of a viv that would be suited for them:

21826795.jpg

and here's a video of one hunting!

Snow_Phoenix

Oh man! So many to choose from! Unfortunately Halloween is all I have right now, but the setup will be uber-simple until I can get a mini proper glass tank. Very hard to get a small sized glass tank - and that driftwood in that pic looks amazing, Hypo! I've never seen wood pieces like that over here unfortunately. We get the blocky types usually like this:

I'm thinking of putting in some black sand gravel and giant flat white riverstones first in a plastic/acrylic holding tank. Once I get the proper glass tank, I'll then improvise and put in a giant piece of driftwood, duckweed, water lettuce etc. :D

Also, I'll be keeping/setting up the tank right next to my bedroom window so it'll receive plenty of natural sunlight. Is this recommended?

Don't laugh, but I'll have to start out like this:

While I set up this (long-term):

Hmmm I'd be cautious with putting a tank near a window. You need to watch the temps -- tanks are like greenhouses and they can be heated up a lot by the sun

Snow_Phoenix

/startrant

*WARNING: Loads of venom ahead. Read at your own risk.

So apparently I'm just a keyboard warrior for posting a small tutorial on how to build pod hotels, how to train dragonets onto frozen and how to setup basic nano tanks (minimalistic type). I'm done sharing my experience and knowledge that I gained from you guys with a bunch of irresponsible dipsh!ts from my own country.

So I finally left the critically acclaimed Malaysian reefing forum dubbed AquaMania. If people want to eff up their tanks and put RBTA nems in 3 week old uncycled tanks (and this was apparently acceptable by self-dubbed 'pros'), why should I care? In fact, I'm wondering why some tanks like mine are so unfortunate to have a copper penny fall into the sump and crash (forgot to tell you guys - that was the source of the copper when I was cleaning out the sump and converting the 30G to a cichlid tank - it was a 1cent Malaysian penny knocked from one of my cupboard shelves before I left for Port Dickson), whilst these rich buggers who simply chuck things without researching or reading first often get away scot-free and have 'pretty' tanks. It's not fair, God. Really, it isn't. At least I cared for my livestock. Even though my tank had issues, I always bounced back stronger and shared my experience. If people refuse to accept that, and categorize a 'successful' reefer as someone who ONLY keeps SPS or who's rich enough to be in this hobby, I have news for them. I'm still going with a minimalistic setup with macro and softies. I am still going to take care of my fish, corals and inverts. I however, will no longer tutor irresponsible Malaysian newbies who are too lazy to do their own reading, and will no longer share my experiences with them (considering they don't appreciate it).

I kept a Dragonet in 3 different nano tanks for over a year successfully wherelse many failed before me. I also kept a variety of corals from Gonis to Elegances, and now have a Mandarin AND a Anthias (both tough fish) in the same tank, which is a NANO. I also kept a Crocea under moderate lighting in a friggin' NANO.

And they said I can't be 'successful' like the rest of them (they said this in a different post but ninja'd it before I could capture a SS) because: a) I'm too poor to reef B) I'm don't have a skimmer c) I don't keep SPS. <_<

Yes, I might not be the most patient person or most 'successful' reefer out there, but at least I cared and I still care! I didn't see any of the so-called Malaysian pro reefers educate newbies to setup marine tanks, to explain how to cycle without fishes, talk about dosing and stability blah blah blah. In fact, most of the idiots were so selfish in their knowledge and cowered behind their computer screens until I asked for help about my tank - then all the so-called self-dubbed 'pros' gang-banged me and said I was a failure, loser and a b!tch for not keeping an algae-free tank. Really, gotta love the mentality of my own country folk.

Guess that's enough internet for today.

/endrant. :mellow:

Dr.Brain Coral

that sucks that they are jerks like that :(. Dont listen to them shadow, your tabk is wonderful the way it is :)

Snow_Phoenix

that sucks that they are jerks like that :(. Dont listen to them shadow, your tabk is wonderful the way it is :)

Thank you, Dr. Brain. I've decided to cling on to NR here. The folks here are honest, and at least they reef with responsibility.

Archived