Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brad's 18" Rimless Reef & ADA 45p Planted| New Pics Page 36

brad908

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tape and sand, tape and sand. Oh I need a planted tank now... oh I need a dog now LOL.

I feel like looking at this thread makes me want to start all kinds of diy projects that in reality won't turn out nearly as nice as the examples posted here.

I feel like looking at this thread makes me want to start all kinds of diy projects that in reality won't turn out nearly as nice as the examples posted here.

Lol I wish I had real DIY skills like Nanotopia or NanoBox Dave. I'm just basic drilling/screwing things together and staining them.

Lol I wish I had real DIY skills like Nanotopia or NanoBox Dave. I'm just basic drilling/screwing things together and staining them.

It's the vision that counts. If you can make it turn out anything like the way it looks in your head I consider that diy skills. I like the new rockwork path btw seems more in proportion now.

Water is saturated with oxygen and the oxygen can't dissolve fast enough, thus creating bubbles

Didnt want to jack his thread so i figured i comment over here.

This happens in my reef tank from time to time, especially on my display algae's. I never understood what caused that, i figure the same applies to saltwater. Thanks!

Btw, love your tanks and equally a big fan of Interior DIY skillz around the house. That headboard and desk are killer.

Soooo my planted tank won't be wet for 2+ months. Should I use this on my reef, and rebuy the parts when my planted is ready?

A00C89E5-C563-4603-AE6C-275AEA080C74_zps

Nah just hold onto them..talking from experience ;)

DSM has started 4F5552A5-FDE7-40B6-9768-C7FCA46F4CFC_zps

Very cool scape man and cute puppy BTW

Man, I agree; I want one of these. Perhaps it would be great for a work tank. I am assuming they don't require much work, perhaps you could comment on that?

Man, I agree; I want one of these. Perhaps it would be great for a work tank. I am assuming they don't require much work, perhaps you could comment on that?

Depends some planted tanks are way more work then reefs, a low light low tech with ferns and mosses would be ez

Depends some planted tanks are way more work then reefs, a low light low tech with ferns and mosses would be ez

Ya I want an easy clean tank, I was going to do a work reef, but it seems like a waste to spend cash on two reefs instead of just buffing up my home tank. A planted tank on the other hand would be different and I am assuming a bit less in the cash dept.

You know all these planted tanks make me want one. Only way is if I incorporate it into my vivarium, hmmmm.

I'm sure you can find room to punch another hole in the wall for a planted tank :)

I've read that a planted tank can be more work than a reef. We shall see

I have the worst luck with planted tanks..I always get a black hair algae blooms :(

i have a cherry shrimp tank now that is going pretty well with just a few types of moss, shrimp are fun to watch.

LOVE your scape :happy:

That HC carpet guarantees this won't be a low maint tank. Takes a lot of dosing and trimming to keep it low growing and not looking all awkward and bushy. Worse yet if one nutrient level gets too low and it stops growing at a fast rate... the algae begins growing because the HC is no longer out competing it.

On that note brad, what dosing method are you going to use?

I have the worst luck with planted tanks..I always get a black hair algae blooms :(

i have a cherry shrimp tank now that is going pretty well with just a few types of moss, shrimp are fun to watch.

LOVE your scape :happy:

Thanks!

That HC carpet guarantees this won't be a low maint tank. Takes a lot of dosing and trimming to keep it low growing and not looking all awkward and bushy. Worse yet if one nutrient level gets too low and it stops growing at a fast rate... the algae begins growing because the HC is no longer out competing it.

On that note brad, what dosing method are you going to use?

I haven't made it that far in my research lol. Mainly researched DSM, then I figured over the next two months I would research what to do when water is actually in the tank.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

I haven't made it that far in my research lol. Mainly researched DSM, then I figured over the next two months I would research what to do when water is actually in the tank.

Do you have any suggestions?

My favorite website for it is barrreport.com, check the estimative index method in the forum its seems to work well for some beautiful tanks.

My favorite website for it is barrreport.com, check the estimative index method in the forum its seems to work well for some beautiful tanks.

Thanks, I will look into it.

Archived